Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Called OINP again today and the agent said that their systems are down for whole day today.

Upon requesting to expedite the case, the agent has the audacity to say if you are so impatient (this is after 1.25yrs of wait) why don't you withdraw your application. Then when we tried to explain you probably don't understand how tough it is to wait for so long without any update from the other side and to put all our lives on hold for this to come by, she had the temerity to cut the phone mid talk.

Don't know what else to say or do...or how to pursue this further.

Note: We are writing to MCI/Minister this week itself.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
CanadaWeCome said:
Called OINP again today and the agent said that their systems are down for whole day today.

Upon requesting to expedite the case, the agent has the audacity to say if you are so impatient (this is after 1.25yrs of wait) why don't you withdraw your application. Then when we tried to explain you probably don't understand how tough it is to wait for so long without any update from the other side and to put all our lives on hold for this to come by, she had the temerity to cut the phone mid talk.

Some people are so impolite indeed.. i called once and when i asked to whom am talking she just sayed it doesn t matter! But also i called again and i had a very nice and gentle lady on the phone
My advice to you is tonit take it personally and don t make of an incident the target of your stress.
I am waiting for a year now
Yes hust by saying it i feel angry but that s the immigration system. And it s the same in all the countries believe me.
What you can do and i advice you to do is to send an email asking for the status of your file explaining what happened! That you keep a track of it
Just always be polite and correct.. remember you are talking to the system and not to people

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:

I am very sorry CanadaWeCome - I wish there was some way I could help you.

Take this to the Ombudsman. I hope you have recorded this call - take it to them and tell how well mannered and polite and forthcoming the employees of OINP are. This kind of attitude is NOT acceptable even if the program were free but even after paying 1500 CAD and waiting for such a long time, this level of rudeness and arrogance is totally out of line. This attitude has to be condemned. When you are writing to the minister, mention this.

On a more personal note, if at all possible, take a break and go for a vacation. These levels of stress could be extremely bad for health. Just take a break, relax, forget this completely for a few days and then come back to check the status.

I sincerely hope that you get the nomination at the earliest.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
figaro2 said:
Some people are so impolite indeed.. i called once and when i asked to whom am talking she just sayed it doesn t matter! But also i called again and i had a very nice and gentle lady on the phone
My advice to you is tonit take it personally and don t make of an incident the target of your stress.
I am waiting for a year now
Yes hust by saying it i feel angry but that s the immigration system. And it s the same in all the countries believe me.
What you can do and i advice you to do is to send an email asking for the status of your file explaining what happened! That you keep a track of it
Just always be polite and correct.. remember you are talking to the system and not to people
At no point we were rude or impolite, we were just explaining our situation, that it has been a long time now, and we are still waiting without any response, even after we were promised that the case will be expedited (based on last call) nothing has come through yet.

Yes, we understand that the whole immigration system worldwide is such and we are mature enough not to take their retorts personally. We just posted it on the forum for every one to know...thats all.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am very sorry CanadaWeCome - I wish there was some way I could help you.

Take this to the Ombudsman. I hope you have recorded this call - take it to them and tell how well mannered and polite and forthcoming the employees of OINP are. This kind of attitude is NOT acceptable even if the program were free but even after paying 1500 CAD and waiting for such a long time, this level of rudeness and arrogance is totally out of line. This attitude has to be condemned. When you are writing to the minister, mention this.

On a more personal note, if at all possible, take a break and go for a vacation. These levels of stress could be extremely bad for health. Just take a break, relax, forget this completely for a few days and then come back to check the status.

I sincerely hope that you get the nomination at the earliest.
Dear raj,
Thanks for your understanding and suggestion...we are actually in the process of drafting the mail to the premier/minister as we communicate (on this forum here)...so yes, we will do that by this week.

As for the vacation, we completely understand your well intended suggestion, but the situation we are currently in we just can't...guess we'll just have to hang in there and hold on to...(real tight that is)

Thanks again for your wishes and help.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
CanadaWeCome said:
At no point we were rude or impolite, we were just explaining our situation, that it has been a long time now, and we are still waiting without any response, even after we were promised that the case will be expedited (based on last call) nothing has come through yet.

Yes, we understand that the whole immigration system worldwide is such and we are mature enough not to take their retorts personally. We just posted it on the forum for every one to know...thats all.
Hahaha.. i ment they are impolite! !i even shared your opinion that some people are rude! But it s not you... daa hehe
Hahaha
Anyhow good luck and keep us informed

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
figaro2 said:
Hahaha.. i ment they are impolite! !i even shared your opinion that some people are rude! But it s not you... daa hehe
Hahaha
Anyhow good luck and keep us informed
Sure buddy...sorry for misunderstanding...

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Canadawecome....
I can feel your pain. If again the person says withdraw the application then just tell them sure yes, I will only if you pay the money back worth your wait and application fee. I am not being rude but yes I mentioned this in my mail to the premier.
In leadership training I learnt that people are way too comfortable to ask only questions but not prepared to get an answer back, in such situation if you answer to the question there would be a moment of pause in their thinking process and hence you will get a chance to score.
When I called OINP in dec the officer on phone smirked at me when i asked about when would be the last working day before christmas and when they would resume. So I told him I am calling from Dubai and over here we do not get Christmas holidays. He was surprised and he toned down and said "oh really so when do you get holidays" So told him during Ramadan we have less working hours.

It is your right to seek information as you choose to immigrate to Canada because you read, analysed shortlisted and decided to invest your skills and savings. Thus contributing to the development of the country.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
vj3171 said:
Dear Canadawecome....
I can feel your pain. If again the person says withdraw the application then just tell them sure yes, I will only if you pay the money back worth your wait and application fee. I am not being rude but yes I mentioned this in my mail to the premier.
In leadership training I learnt that people are way too comfortable to ask only questions but not prepared to get an answer back, in such situation if you answer to the question there would be a moment of pause in their thinking process and hence you will get a chance to score.
When I called OINP in dec the officer on phone smirked at me when i asked about when would be the last working day before christmas and when they would resume. So I told him I am calling from Dubai and over here we do not get Christmas holidays. He was surprised and he toned down and said "oh really so when do you get holidays" So told him during Ramadan we have less working hours.

It is your right to seek information as you choose to immigrate to Canada because you read, analysed shortlisted and decided to invest your skills and savings. Thus contributing to the development of the country.
Dear Vj,
Thanks for your reciprocation...We are in fact in the process of drafting the mail to be sent to the premier and will surely include all these points that you as well as others have mentioned. She probably was a small peg in the cog and doesn't understand the consequences, seriousness & repercussions of what she said, least of all the time, money & skill investment that all the applicants here do for immigration/nomination. We kind of pardon her innocence...she doesn't know that she doesn't know...

Anyway thank for your note we really appreciate your concern and will send mails to both OINP & the MCI/premier now. Hope it won't fall on deaf ears and someone will be sensitive enough to help move the wheel of our fortunes.

Thanks...

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
CanadaWeCome said:
Dear Vj,
Thanks for your reciprocation...We are in fact in the process of drafting the mail to be sent to the premier and will surely include all these points that you as well as others have mentioned. She probably was a small peg in the cog and doesn't understand the consequences, seriousness & repercussions of what she said, least of all the time, money & skill investment that all the applicants here do for immigration/nomination. We kind of pardon her innocence...she doesn't know that she doesn't know...

Anyway thank for your note we really appreciate your concern and will send mails to both OINP & the MCI/premier now. Hope it won't fall on deaf ears and someone will be sensitive enough to help move the wheel of our fortunes.

Thanks...
am a bit confused..
Dont ask for your money back!!! Because it s not.only the fees of the applications that counts.. explain thay the project is a life investment and that ontario promised an answer 90days after the aor!and how long is been the process without any transparency
.. that you can t even travel for hollidays and that they don t give you explanation for the long wait! The email without answer...

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am a bit confused..
Dont ask for your money back!!! Because it s not.only the fees of the applications that counts.. explain thay the project is a life investment and that ontario promised an answer 90days after the aor!and how long is been the process without any transparency
.. that you can t even travel for hollidays and that they don t give you explanation for the long wait! The email without answer...
You are right
But at the moment Tangible asset that OINP holds is the application fee to which they are obliged to answer.
Saying its life's investment and project might give an impression that grass is greener on the other side. Rather project it as you will be an asset to the country not only in-terms of skills but also financial investment by bringing the back home savings to Canada.
Regarding not going for holidays OINP never asked you to do that. Thats the choice we all made including me.

See m not trying to say what is right and wrong. Like job interview how you identify the company's problem and present that you are the ultimate choice to solve that problem.

Same way OINP would say there are thousands of applicants like you with same or more score. What difference would it make if I do not consider you.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@figaro2
My above comments are based on living as expat in multiple countries. How we expats help in the economical development by bringing diversity, innovation and cross cultural skills to the country.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
vj3171 said:
@figaro2
My above comments are based on living as expat in multiple countries. How we expats help in the economical development by bringing diversity, innovation and cross cultural skills to the country.
Am totally agree with you... am in the same situation also.
All am saying you invested and waited for so long... don t make statements that coul hurt your proceedure... the important is to get this nomination and continue with cic later... today is the birthday of one year ontario nomination request for me hahah.
Take things easy .. am thinking with you about the best way to complain. For me it s the lack of transparency. I think also that they treat the documents according to your country of origin.. that explains all for me once you look at the timeline before entree express .. they are just keeping the same duration ...