+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters Graduate stream EOI

Sep 1, 2021
Hi,

I have a Masters of Science - Applied Modelling & Quantitative Methods in Big Data Analytics. Can anyone tell me what my field of study is for Masters Stream EOI. I am confused between:
1) Computer & Information Sciences
2) General & Integrated Sciences

pineapplex

Sep 2, 2021
Minimum number of hours worked per week

While Federal govt is ok with any number of hours worked per week as long as it adds up to 1560 hours over a period of at least 52 weeks, Ontario seems to have a different interpretation. They consider less than 15 hr per week ineligible. OINP just replied to my email saying this.
"Full-time work equivalent means:
  • No fewer than 30 hours of paid work per week; or
  • Concurrent employment in multiple positions for no fewer than 30 hours per week; or
  • 15 hours to 30 hours (part-time) is equivalent to half the period for full-time work (i.e. 2 months of part-time work experience is equal to 1 month of full-time work experience)
This means that individuals may work in more than one job for at least 30 hours per week, for one year, that amounts to at least 1,560 hours of paid work in a one year period. However if individuals are working in one job only for less than 15 hours per week, this is ineligible as it is not considered part-time work."
Hi progrey. I understand that work under 15hours per week is ineligible for the work experience length points (4 points), but does this count towards the work skill level (NOC) points (3 points)?

Sky high

Aug 17, 2021
I will complete my 2 years part time at walmart in November
If i add this info now in the hope to qualify for the draw and the processing might take 1 month
Just want to know what are the repercussions
They will cancel the application, add a fraud in my file or ask for clarification.

Abhirami MS

Jun 18, 2021
Hi,

Can I change my job after I apply for OINP master's graduate stream? I am submitting the employment letter only as proof of employment. When the application is in process(For nomination) can I change the job?

Thanks in advance

healthytree

Aug 28, 2021
Hey, did anyone got any updates from OINP Master Graduate Stream, if any of you got the invitation to apply on 19 or 25 August?

Pufeck

Aug 19, 2021
I submitted my EOI with part-time work experience, and it gives me 3 points. You need to submit proof of employment (like official offer letter, payslip, etc) along with your OINP application.

MSKAurin

Aug 9, 2021
I submitted my EOI with part-time work experience, and it gives me 3 points. You need to submit proof of employment (like official offer letter, payslip, etc) along with your OINP application.
Hi @Pufeck,
I can't see proof of employment (like official offer letter, payslip, etc) included as mandatory document with the application.

Pufeck

Aug 19, 2021
Hi @Pufeck,
I can't see proof of employment (like official offer letter, payslip, etc) included as mandatory document with the application.
No they are not mandatory. But in the OINP application you need to submit materials to support your EOI. I uploaded the employment materials under the "Other (if applicable)" section.

RFforlife

Aug 13, 2021
did you submit funds as in your annual salary figure as well? and how are you showing the settlement of funds?

Pufeck

Aug 19, 2021
did you submit funds as in your annual salary figure as well? and how are you showing the settlement of funds?
I submitted my notice of assessment of the last year tax return. For the settlement of funds I just use my recent three months of bank statements. Settlement of funds is independent with employment history IMO.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Good Morning guys!! I got an ITA yesterday!! Did anyone else get?
I did also. I received mine on Tuesday morning. I am so happy I decided not to include my work experience. If I had included my work experience it would have given me 40 but I would be so stressed because my workplace has failed to provide an employment letter.
I got an ITA with score 36