+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters Graduate stream EOI

MSKAurin

Aug 9, 2021
Hello,
Does OINP count work experience gained during the study period as experience in Canadian work experience under OINP Masters stream?

MSKAurin

Aug 9, 2021
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream

Did you read the requirements? What does work experience have to do with the stream other than showing intention to live in the province.
@Naturgrl ,
Thanks for responding me. Yes I read the requirements and well aware of the fact that it is not mandatory to have job offer or work experience for Masters stream but in EOI if you select 1 year of full-time equivalent (i.e. 2 years of part-time as per OINP guideline) Canadian work experience in any occupation (any occupation skill level/type) within the last 5 years, it gives you 4 points.

That's why I am concerned about part-time work experience gained during the study period.

EE2485

Aug 10, 2021
@Naturgrl ,
Thanks for responding me. Yes I read the requirements and well aware of the fact that it is not mandatory to have job offer or work experience for Masters stream but in EOI if you select 1 year of full-time equivalent (i.e. 2 years of part-time as per OINP guideline) Canadian work experience in any occupation (any occupation skill level/type) within the last 5 years, it gives you 4 points.

That's why I am concerned about part-time work experience gained during the study period.
That's my concern as well, although I just submitted my application without considering my part-time work experience. I do remember if it was less than one year, it wouldn't give you any score. I was kind of afraid of the stream reaching its full capacity too early, that's why I submitted my application. My score is 30. how much is yours if you don't mind me asking?

MSKAurin

Aug 9, 2021
That's my concern as well, although I just submitted my application without considering my part-time work experience. I do remember if it was less than one year, it wouldn't give you any score. My score is 30. how much yours if you don't mind me asking?
Hi @EE2485,
Yes less than 1 year will give you 0. My score is 33.