+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters and PhD Stream 2018 - PR Paper Based

bwang252

Apr 9, 2018
I got a Notice of Intent to Refuse Application today.... I am applying from the States. It says my intention to relocate back to Ontario is not strong enough and asks me to provide additional docs. Should I add the files by directly applying for the email?

PhD stream:
Submitted: Jan 30
Assessment: Mar 9
DIP: Mar 23.

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Wait a sec... so I got my ONIP nomination through the Masters -No Job category and I have my Express Entry profile active. So can I apply via the Express Entry? I thought as a Masters Nominee I can only apply for paper based PR the processing time of which is thrice as long as the express.
Yes of course!
The whole idea of the OINP is to give you 600 extra points for the express entry profile, so you add the nomination there and you'll get extra 600 points, then probably, you'll recieve an ETA at the next round.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes of course!
The whole idea of the OINP is to give you 600 extra points for the express entry profile, so you add the nomination there and you'll get extra 600 points, then probably, you'll recieve an ETA at the next round.
Wrong,
Master stream is not an EE stream. He cannot use his certificate for EE. He can only use if for paper based application.
Anyway in order to get those points, province has to confirm you and issue a nomination under your EE profile.
What he can do is to have an EE separately and if ever he gets a direct ITA (in the early stages where it has sense speed wise) he can withdraw his paper based application and continue with EE only.

Reactions: AdamAZ and mimi1980

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
Wrong,
Master stream is not an EE stream. He cannot use his certificate for EE. He can only use if for paper based application.
Anyway in order to get those points, province has to confirm you and issue a nomination under your EE profile.
What he can do is to have an EE separately and if ever he gets a direct ITA (in the early stages where it has sense speed wise) he can withdraw his paper based application and continue with EE only.
That is what I thought.
Thanks for the clarification.

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Wrong,
Wow!
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!
All the time, I thought it's going to give me 600 points on EE!
So, my post-grad work permit expires in November, and according to the current processing times, it takes around 16 months to process the OINP!
Do you know if I can extend my work permit? As it said, it can't be extended when I applied for it!

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow!
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!
All the time, I thought it's going to give me 600 points on EE!
So, my post-grad work permit expires in November, and according to the current processing times, it takes around 16 months to process the OINP!
Do you know if I can extend my work permit? As it said, it can't be extended when I applied for it!

Thanks
For PNP itself the nomination time is much shorter. People that have submitted in October / November are getting nominations.

So once you sent out your paper based package and receive an AOR (count maybe 1 month for that), you can apply with that for BOWP permit. Just like anybody from EE has right.
Just make sure that all the time you have legal status in Canada.

Reactions: DPT

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys

Under Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees, the form asks for "the amount of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have".
While I intend to write in the same figure I used to secure my provincial nomination, I was wondering if I am required to include a letter from my bank or other bank statements for the paper PR application?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys

Under Schedule 4: Economic Classes - Provincial Nominees, the form asks for "the amount of unencumbered transferable and available funds you have".
While I intend to write in the same figure I used to secure my provincial nomination, I was wondering if I am required to include a letter from my bank or other bank statements for the paper PR application?
Of course you are required. Same like for EE application. The only difference is, that you do not have to send upfront medical (they will ask for that one).

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Since its not stated in the paper PR application or checklist how to prove funds... which exactly do you need? Bank Statements or a letter from the bank? or both?

Andrea21

May 3, 2018
Hey guys,

I applied for OINP PHD graduate stream on 9th Feb 2018. I received an email that my application is incomplete and they asked me some documents to prove the resident in Ontario. I submitted the documents by 10th of April and receive the confirmation of receipt next day by OINP.Team1. My application status is Decision In Progress (DIP). Does anybody has any estimation on how long it takes to get their final decision? I will appreciate if you give an information regarding my case.

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys,

I applied for OINP PHD graduate stream on 9th Feb 2018. I received an email that my application is incomplete and they asked me some documents to prove the resident in Ontario. I submitted the documents by 10th of April and receive the confirmation of receipt next day by OINP.Team1. My application status is Decision In Progress (DIP). Does anybody has any estimation on how long it takes to get their final decision? I will appreciate if you give an information regarding my case.
Hey Andrea21,
From what I've seen on this thread with other PhD students it takes around 3 weeks (21 days) for persons in the PhD stream to move from DIP to approved. The good news is that DIP is the final stage so you're almost there!
Good luck!

Cindyz

Apr 3, 2018
Hey guys,

Hey Andrea21,

I submitted my additional documents and my status turned to DIP on April 20th. My application got approved by May 7th, 11 business days. Hope yours get approved soon.

Good luck!

abc123321cba

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
My application has been approved!

Here is my updated timeline:

OINP PhD stream
Submitted: Feb 9th, 2018
Assessment: March 15th, 2018
Decision In Progress: April 19th, 2018 (26 calendar days passed from Assessment to DIP)
Approved: May 8th, 2018

Good luck to everybody else is waiting!

Reactions: DPT