+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters and PhD Stream 2018 - PR Paper Based

Kamilamin

Oct 3, 2017
Just quick question for master students we can only apply paper based or we can apply electronically for PR after receiving invitations

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi Cherrypaul

1) For me it took 9 Weeks and 3 Days from the Date of Submission to the date of Approval. As you can see from the thread however timelines vary and there are some people who are still waiting to receive their nominations. I have seen on other threads some peoples nomination taking 5 months. What I will say is try not to panic during this waiting period.

2) Yes start preparing. I wish I had sorted out my Police Certificate from my home country while waiting for my nomination but I had exams and was completely distracted. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.

3) The only website I can point you to is the IRCC guide "Application for Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class (IMM P7000)". This is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html

4) Its up to you (see number 2 above)

5) According to the IRCC, they will inform you if you need a Criminal Record Check (or PCC) from Canada while they review your application.
So no you don't need to submit a PCC from Canada with your PR application. See the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Hope this helps
Hi,

Thank you so much for all the information.

1) I checked the IRCC website and i am wondering don't we have to attach any copy of documents such as degree, transcript, credit card statements etc.(except IELTS report, passport copy).

2) It's mentioned in the checklist that we have to provide two photographs of each family member whether accompanying or not (I have no dependant or spouse) so in this case I have to provide my parents, my brother/sister photographs?

3) I am planning to apply for my PCC (INDIA) in couple of months from BLS Canada but the situation is I am flying to India in September and coming back in October (1 Month). Do I have to get my Indian PCC done again after i leave India?

Sorry for asking bunch of questions!!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamAZ

bella2017

Mar 26, 2018
Master Stream Timeline

2018.01.29 Apply for the OINP Master when the portal is open;
2018.02.06 Submitted all the materials (must submited before 2018.02.11, within 14 days after application)
2018.04.05 Assessment
2018.04.06 Decision in Process
2018.04.19 Approved

Total: 72 calendar days; 52 business days

Good luck!

Reactions: DPT and AdamAZ

AdamAZ

Apr 3, 2018
1) I checked the IRCC website and i am wondering don't we have to attach any copy of documents such as degree, transcript, credit card statements etc.(except IELTS report, passport copy).

I have the same question

Reactions: Cherrypaul

abc123321cba

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hi,

Thank you so much for all the information.

2) It's mentioned in the checklist that we have to provide two photographs of each family member whether accompanying or not (I have no dependant or spouse) so in this case I have to provide my parents, my brother/sister photographs?

3) I am planning to apply for my PCC (INDIA) in couple of months from BLS Canada but the situation is I am flying to India in September and coming back in October (1 Month). Do I have to get my Indian PCC get done again after i leave India?

Sorry for asking bunch of questions!!

Thanks in advance.

Regarding the answer to your question: "... we have to provide two photographs of each family member whether accompanying or not ...so in this case I have to provide my parents, my brother/sister photographs?)", on the checklist (number 7) it is considered family: the principal applicant, the spouse or common-law partner and/or each dependent child (weather they are accompanying or not). Parent or siblings are not listed, therefore it can be concluded that only your photograph is required if you do not have a spouse or common law-partner or dependent children.
This is how I interpreted, I will include only mine.
Hope this helps

Reactions: DPT and Cherrypaul

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Regarding the answer to your question: "... we have to provide two photographs of each family member whether accompanying or not ...so in this case I have to provide my parents, my brother/sister photographs?)", on the checklist (number 7) it is considered family: the principal applicant, the spouse or common-law partner and/or each dependent child (weather they are accompanying or not). Parent or siblings are not listed, therefore it can be concluded that only your photograph is required if you do not have a spouse or common law-partner or dependent children.
This is how I interpreted, I will include only mine.
Hope this helps
Awesome!! Thanks very much.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016

I have the same question
Please post your answer if you find it out. Thanks.

Reactions: AdamAZ

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Just quick question for master students we can only apply paper based or we can apply electronically for PR after receiving invitations
If you have applied to OINP, yes sure! It's actually better and faster!
I already have my Express Entry profile active, and once I recieve my nomination, I'll just update it and get ITA on the next round!

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Here is my updated timeline:
Stream: Masters-OINP
Submitted: Feb. 10, 2018
RCA: Mar. 20
DIP: April 19
Waiting for approval!

Reactions: JohnDoe007

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
If you have applied to OINP, yes sure! It's actually better and faster!
I already have my Express Entry profile active, and once I recieve my nomination, I'll just update it and get ITA on the next round!
Wait a sec... so I got my ONIP nomination through the Masters -No Job category and I have my Express Entry profile active. So can I apply via the Express Entry? I thought as a Masters Nominee I can only apply for paper based PR the processing time of which is thrice as long as the express.

JohnDoe007

Apr 20, 2018
Hey Bella,
Did you get the letter of nomination? How long they take to send it?

Master Stream Timeline

2018.01.29 Apply for the OINP Master when the portal is open;
2018.02.06 Submitted all the materials (must submited before 2018.02.11, within 14 days after application)
2018.04.05 Assessment
2018.04.06 Decision in Process
2018.04.19 Approved

Total: 72 calendar days; 52 business days

Good luck!