+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters and PhD Stream 2018 - PR Paper Based

ezk

May 1, 2017
Mine was approved today. Do we have to send the medical report along with the application for Paper based PR? Also do you know the current processing time for our category (Non-express)?
You do not need to take the up-front medical exam now. The medical report has an expiry date, 1 year?
Current CIC processing time is 18 months.

Reactions: AdamAZ

ezk

May 1, 2017
HELP!!!

Anyone follows this thread know how to reply the request for additional documentation? I got an update for additional documentation but I am confused how to update it. Should I just email it back with my attachement or there is other way to do that? Will I receive an email saying all my documents are settled?

Thank you for your help. Apprecite it!!! :)

I would reply the email and CC to ontarionominee@ontario.ca .

Reactions: AdamAZ and Cindyz

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
You do not need to take the up-front medical exam now. The medical report has an expiry date, 1 year?
Current CIC processing time is 18 months.
Thanks.
So as a provincial nominee we cannot travel out of the country until then?

ezk

May 1, 2017
Thanks.
So as a provincial nominee we cannot travel out of the country until then?
There are two big myths about the provincial nomination program.

Can I move out of "intent" province?
Yes, you can, once you landed.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province. (Ref:MOBILITY RIGHTS AND THE CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS)
If you really have concerns about moving out of the "intent" province, just proof that you are unable to find a job or settle down in this province.

Can I travel out of the country(Canada)?
Yes, you can. But you may need to come back to Canada or have a Canad address.

From what I understand, in some countries, in order to obtain the police report (home country), you need to request the police report by person (you) in your local (hometown) police station. Some people are struggling on this, especially when you have studying or working history in those countries (i.e. China) who do not have a good system to handle this problem. The criminal report is required but not mandatory. If you can proof that you are unable to get a police report, then submit these proofs or statements.

You will need to provide a valid Canada address to proof you are a temporary resident (worker or visitor in our case) so that your application will be processed inland ( 18 months, Ottawa office, there maybe another office in Canada, I could not recall it.) . Or your application will be forward to out land visa offices. i.e. Hongkong, Landon, Manila (The processing time on these offices are not provided by CIC).

You do not need to report any future background or travel history now. You need to report any activities or travel history on the date before you submit the application to the processing center at Sydney, NS. But after AOR, you shall update the IMM 5669 Background form and IMM5562 your travel history if you leave Canada between the day you sent the application and AOR date, or IRCC may or may not request you to update the IMM 5669 and IMM5562.

And after AOR, you can submit a new police report(s) of your destination country(s) if you stayed in the destination country(s) for more than 6 months.

The RCMP criminal report usually expires after 1 year. I took 4 business days to get it.

And I will submit my medical report (up-front medical exam) next May or I will wait until MR.

Disclaimer:
I am not a ICCRC-CRCIC member, just a regular applicant.
Everything mentioned above is what I did or what I will do or what I think I will do in your case.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

Firstly, congratulations to those who received nomination and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Secondly, I recently (on April 16, 2018) submitted my OINP (Masters stream) application and I am so very worried. I am wondering 1) how long does it take to get nomination?

2) Should I start preparing my documents for PR application while waiting for nomination?

3) I checked the documents checklist for PR application but could not find any informative website or page. It would be great if you guys can help me out please.

4) Should I get my PCC from back home beforehand or should I wait for the nomination.

5) I am assuming we do not need to submit PCC from Canada.

Thanks in advance!!

abc123321cba

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
I have not received any message since March 14th about the assessment. However, today I checked my account and found the status is Decision in progress. Let me know about your timeline.
I checked today and still my status is ASSESSMENT. Yesterday I called them and they told me to be patient....

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hi everyone,

Firstly, congratulations to those who received nomination and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Secondly, I recently (on April 16, 2018) submitted my OINP (Masters stream) application and I am so very worried. I am wondering

1) how long does it take to get nomination?

2) Should I start preparing my documents for PR application while waiting for nomination?

3) I checked the documents checklist for PR application but could not find any informative website or page. It would be great if you guys can help me out please.

4) Should I get my PCC from back home beforehand or should I wait for the nomination.

5) I am assuming we do not need to submit PCC from Canada.

Thanks in advance!!
Hi Cherrypaul

1) For me it took 9 Weeks and 3 Days from the Date of Submission to the date of Approval. As you can see from the thread however timelines vary and there are some people who are still waiting to receive their nominations. I have seen on other threads some peoples nomination taking 5 months. What I will say is try not to panic during this waiting period.

2) Yes start preparing. I wish I had sorted out my Police Certificate from my home country while waiting for my nomination but I had exams and was completely distracted. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.

3) The only website I can point you to is the IRCC guide "Application for Permanent Residence – Provincial Nominee Class (IMM P7000)". This is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html

4) Its up to you (see number 2 above)

5) According to the IRCC, they will inform you if you need a Criminal Record Check (or PCC) from Canada while they review your application.
So no you don't need to submit a PCC from Canada with your PR application. See the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Hope this helps

Reactions: Cherrypaul

ezk

May 1, 2017
Masters Stream
Submitted: February 6, 2018
Assessment: March 13 2018, about 3:00 PM, 35 calendar days(You will get an email Receipt of Complete Application)
Decision in Progress: April 5, 2018, about 1:00 PM, 23 calendar days
Approved: April 16,2018,about 5:00 PM, 11 calendar days (No emails, no tracking #)
Certificate received by my Toronto Rep: April 18,2018, 2 calendar days
Total:69 calendar days, 48 business days.

Reactions: DPT

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Masters stream
Update
Submitted: February 4, 2018
Assessment: March 9, 2018.
Decision in Progress: March 27, 2018
Approved: April 17, 2018 (no email notification)
Congrats mimi1980!
I got no email notification either when I was approved.
They literally just showed up two days later at my door with the certificate so be on the look out.

Reactions: mimi1980

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Masters Stream
Submitted: February 6, 2018
Assessment: March 13 2018, about 3:00 PM, 35 calendar days(You will get an email Receipt of Complete Application)
Decision in Progress: April 5, 2018, about 1:00 PM, 23 calendar days
Approved: April 16,2018,about 5:00 PM, 11 calendar days (No emails, no tracking #)
Certificate received by my Toronto Rep: April 18,2018, 2 calendar days
Total:69 calendar days, 48 business days.
Congrats ezk!!

mimi1980

Mar 5, 2018
There are two big myths about the provincial nomination program.

Can I move out of "intent" province?
Yes, you can, once you landed.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province. (Ref:MOBILITY RIGHTS AND THE CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS)
If you really have concerns about moving out of the "intent" province, just proof that you are unable to find a job or settle down in this province.

Can I travel out of the country(Canada)?
Yes, you can. But you may need to come back to Canada or have a Canad address.

From what I understand, in some countries, in order to obtain the police report (home country), you need to request the police report by person (you) in your local (hometown) police station. Some people are struggling on this, especially when you have studying or working history in those countries (i.e. China) who do not have a good system to handle this problem. The criminal report is required but not mandatory. If you can proof that you are unable to get a police report, then submit these proofs or statements.

You will need to provide a valid Canada address to proof you are a temporary resident (worker or visitor in our case) so that your application will be processed inland ( 18 months, Ottawa office, there maybe another office in Canada, I could not recall it.) . Or your application will be forward to out land visa offices. i.e. Hongkong, Landon, Manila (The processing time on these offices are not provided by CIC).

You do not need to report any future background or travel history now. You need to report any activities or travel history on the date before you submit the application to the processing center at Sydney, NS. But after AOR, you shall update the IMM 5669 Background form and IMM5562 your travel history if you leave Canada between the day you sent the application and AOR date, or IRCC may or may not request you to update the IMM 5669 and IMM5562.

And after AOR, you can submit a new police report(s) of your destination country(s) if you stayed in the destination country(s) for more than 6 months.

The RCMP criminal report usually expires after 1 year. I took 4 business days to get it.

And I will submit my medical report (up-front medical exam) next May or I will wait until MR.

Disclaimer:
I am not a ICCRC-CRCIC member, just a regular applicant.
Everything mentioned above is what I did or what I will do or what I think I will do in your case.
Thank you for such a detailed explanation.
I am planning on going to my home country for 3 weeks in Oct. I work as an Analyst and have 3 weeks of vacation time for this year. I applied through the Masters degree-No job category because my employer would not fill the required documents for the Masters degree- Job category. So I am wondering if it is advisable to travel out of Canada during the PR processing.

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone under OINP master stream know the validity of IELTs language test for the Federal level? As for provincial ones, it should be taken within 1 year. I do not know if I need to retake one before submitting to CIC as my IELTs will expire at the end of this month...I called IRCC and they even don't have the specific answer about the validity whether 1 year or 2 years. Pretty concern about that...
Hey bella2017,
Just seeing your post.
I know the IELTS certificate says its valid for 2 years however there seems to be conflicting answers on your question.

According to the IELTS website the results must be less than two years old on the date of your immigration application.
so it seems that you can apply for PR with a less than 2 year old IELTS certificate.
See site:
https://ieltscanadatest.com/2016/10/the-top-nine-things-asked-about-ielts-and-canadian-immigration/

HOWEVER
There are other sites that claim that you must send your application within the first year of your IELTS even though its valid for 2 years.

To be honest I'm not sure what the right answer is to your question.
I am a bit befuddled that the IRCC couldn't give you a clear answer either.

If you find out the answer please let us know

abc123321cba

Star Member
Mar 23, 2018
Here is my updated timeline:

OINP PhD stream
Submitted: Feb 9th, 2018
Assessment: March 15th, 2018
Decision In Progress: April 19th, 2018 (26 calendar days passed from Assessment to DIP)

Reactions: DPT