+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Master and PhD Stream 2019

shivaa

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,

Any ideas why the Master stream does not open?
This month is my last chance to apply, as I graduated in 2016.
But this stream has not opened in 2020 yet.
And wish me luck please..

Tazrin

Mar 25, 2020
Hi,

Any ideas why the Master stream does not open?
This month is my last chance to apply, as I graduated in 2016.
But this stream has not opened in 2020 yet.
And wish me luck please..
I think we should email them that people r waiting for it to open so that they can consider opening this month

shivaa

Oct 11, 2019
I think we should email them that people r waiting for it to open so that they can consider opening this month
Actually I did after writing my concern here.
And this was the reply I recieved :

"Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.
The Employer Job Offer: International Student, Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker and Masters Graduate streams remain closed. The OINP will continue to monitor intake of applications across all streams to determine when to reopen in 2020.
Please continue to monitor the OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Sincerely,"

NaMoj

Mar 16, 2020
Hi,

I recently received my nomination certificate through PhD Graduate Stream (Ontario PNP) and I am preparing my documents for PR application. I have a few questions and I will be thankful if anyone could help:

1. I have my application ready to post, however, the police certificate that I requested from my home country is going to take about 3 months to receive since it is going to go through INTERPOL (I think it is the same case for everybody). Should I wait by then and then post my documents? Or I could send my documents and leave an explanation letter to and explain that I will send it later?

2. I am living in Canada: My, Marriage Certificate is translated outside Canada. Should I translate it here again?

Thanks for any tip!

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
applied on march 9
approval 15 june
AR:1 OCT
AOR Waiting
Hello I need some guidance,
What is preferable go to gckey and then go for OINP master stream or from OINP website?
What page will open step by step and at which page i can consider that I successfully entered?
Please respond ASAP.
I would like to connect you please:
Dholajemish89@gmail.com
Or on whatsapp +15199929896

Jemish

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
I am waiting for the master stream to reopen, and I have already created OneKey account.

1. Can you please share some tips regarding how to be more prepared so when it is open I can enter it successfully? etc,..
2. Once it is open, If I login with my OneKey, can I see the Master Stream option on the first page?
3. Which is faster to enter from Submit Application button or from the Onekey page itself? I am a bit confused.
4. when should I be expecting it to reopen this year? And usually what time the update is posted on OINP page?

Your help will be highly appreciated..
Hello I also need guidance and have same question.
Can you please connect me at
Dholajemish89@gmail.com
Or more preferably on whatsapp at +15199929896

jacob_ch

Jun 14, 2020
Guys would you kindly tell me, what time of the year should I expect for the application to open up on the portal?

co2020

May 31, 2020
1).. is about two semesters (Fall and Winter- from September to April). Is it considered as an eligible program or not?

As long as its a 2 years program, It doesn't matter how long it takes you to complete the program.

2) ..if I apply and study a PhD program at the Ontario, can I apply for OINP Master Graduate Stream

No you can't. you would have to finish your PhD then apply.

3) ..if I have a one-year leasing document but I have been resident in the Ontario less than a year (for instance 10 or 11 months)

No you can't. I don't even think its possible to finish and grant your degree in less than a year

Good luck
This information is wrong and highly misleading.

Your program does not have to be a 2 years in length. It should be a minimum of one academic year. which is your two semesters according to the academic calendar.
most of the information is on the oinp website https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream

1. Education
To qualify, you must have completed the requirements necessary to get a master’s degree.

This means:

• at least one academic year of full-time study (that is at least 15 hours of instruction per week over the academic year)
  • the degree is from an eligible university in Ontario (see the list of eligible Ontario universities below)

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi guys,

I have three questions about the OINP Masters Graduate Stream. First of all, I am studying in a full-time Master program at the University of Toronto which is about two semesters (Fall and Winter- from September to April). Is it considered as an eligible program or not? Another question is that if I apply and study a PhD program at the Ontario, can I apply for OINP Master Graduate Stream during my PhD or not? Finally, if I have a one-year leasing document but I have been resident in the Ontario less than a year (for instance 10 or 11 months), can I be eligible to apply for this stream?
Yes you can apply. Visit the oinp website https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream for education requirement.

The year is calculated based on an academic calendar year. Therefore, 2 semesters as a full time student = one academic year (8 months)

1. Education
To qualify, you must have completed the requirements necessary to get a master’s degree.

This means:

• at least one academic year of full-time study (that is at least 15 hours of instruction per week over the academic year)
  • the degree is from an eligible university in Ontario (see the list of eligible Ontario universities below.
No you cannot apply for the stream while doing a PHD.

I have no idea if the lease would work, but you should be able to find that answer on their website. You should check out their guidelines and you would find more information on proof of residence in Ontario.

Goodluck!