gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Narayan987 said:
Employer Pre-Screen application sent: 22-Jan-2016

Pre-Screen approval: 28-Oct-2016

Preparing for the application now..
If you don't mind can you provide more information on this application like First time employer or previously approved employer for OINP, Employer located in GTA or outside GTA and NOC Code?

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

This is the first time my employer applied for pre-screen approval. Location GTA and NOC 1221.

Please feel free to provide any suggestions regarding the PNP application. Thanks

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
FOR 1ST TIME EMPLOYERS IT TAKES ANYWHERE BETWEEN 10 MONTHS TO 15 MONTHS.

MINE TOOK 11 MONTHS.

SAD BUT TRUE.

KICHU KORAR NAI BHAI. :(

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Do you happen to know which OINP team was handling your employer's application? Team 3 is handling my employer's application from what the operator had told me.

It should say in most correspondence when they contacted your company. The email should be oinp.teamX@ontario.ca

Narayan987 said:
Employer Pre-Screen application sent: 22-Jan-2016

Pre-Screen approval: 28-Oct-2016

Preparing for the application now..

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
My Employer Pre-Screen app was sent in November 2015 and I'm still waiting for approval. @moelaghil, my application is also being handled by team 3. It seems this the slowest team there. In April they replied to an email saying my application was in the last stage and there are no updates since then.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
:( That's very frustrating. My employer tried to submit the application in November 2015. The package got delivered on November 27th but OINP returned the application saying they are closed for the year. They suggested applying January 3rd 2016 so my employer sent it in on January 4th.

I called in today and managed to get someone on the phone. He asked me to send him an email and waited on the phone till he received it. He said he'll get back to me soon and that I shouldn't contact them for another 4 weeks. :'(

Mafelicos said:
My Employer Pre-Screen app was sent in November 2015 and I'm still waiting for approval. @moelaghil, my application is also being handled by team 3. It seems this the slowest team there. In April they replied to an email saying my application was in the last stage and there are no updates since then.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
My MP contacted OINP as a follow up today. I was surprised on how pro-active the MP is :eek:

This is the email I received:

"
I have looked into the status of the file with the Minister's office and the application for COMPANY NAME is currently pending assessment. OINP will contact your employer if any additional information is required.

They did however advise that they anticipate that the program should have a decision on this application by early to mid-December.

At least we have a time frame!

I hope this helps!
"

So the wait continues for at least another month. @Mafelicos this probably means you'll be hearing back in the next couple of weeks. Please keep me posted!

Mafelicos

Nov 3, 2016
@moelaghil Thanks for the update on your status. All my fingers are crossed to get an answer before the end of the year. As soon as I hear something I'll post on this thread.

OksanaM

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hey to everybody! Just a bit of my story:

My employer applied Pre Screen Application in April 2015
We got approval of our Pre Screen in November 4, 2016 ( yeah I am not joking it`s been 1 year and 6 months almost. He got an e-mail that it is approved)
My question is When will we receive the original Pre Screen Approval Letter by mail , because I need Original to send to OINP?

Regards,

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
you are a lucky man. I am still waiting for my pre-scan since last 17 months. last week my employer got an email from them and they want him to describe my job duties.he submitted an email yesterday. will see what will happen next.

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
I had few questions, open to all

1) If i mention work experience from back home, do i need reference letter to support that? I will be visiting my country so i can get that but i wanted to apply before i leave.

2) What happens if i change the job after i apply ?

3) How long does it take on average for the nomination ?

My current status: Pre-screen approved (took 9 months), still preparing the PNP application.

Thanks

all_iz_well said:
FOR 1ST TIME EMPLOYERS IT TAKES ANYWHERE BETWEEN 10 MONTHS TO 15 MONTHS.

MINE TOOK 11 MONTHS.

SAD BUT TRUE.

KICHU KORAR NAI BHAI. :(
Hi bro, whats the status of your application?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Narayan987 said:
I had few questions, open to all

1) If i mention work experience from back home, do i need reference letter to support that? I will be visiting my country so i can get that but i wanted to apply before i leave.
You have to provide reference letters for all the experiences mentioned. If you are not able to provide reference, it is recommended to include in personal history rather than Work history.

2) What happens if i change the job after i apply ?
I am not sure about this, but sometime before issuing Nomination there is a chance for OINP officer to call you and inquire about job roles and responsibilities. They asked some people(Human Capital priorities stream persons) to provide Pay stubs and Lease document. Employer have rights to revoke the application if they want.
In case if you are required to get Bridge work permit, you have to be with the same employer who sponsored your application, as people are getting closed work permit.

3) How long does it take on average for the nomination ?
After Pre-screen approval, people are getting nomination in around 4-5 months, which is less than other PNP applicants timeline.

pate0277

Apr 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

My employer pre screening is approved and I am going to apply for nomination under international student with job offer. I have issue with passport.

1. it must be valid for at-least two year ? my passport is expire in oct 2017.

2. I am not able to submit my passport right now because deadline for nomination application is 26 dec 2016. and as it would take at-least 2 month for renewal.

what should i do ?

I appreciate your suggestion.

thank you

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey Champ,

In the email address that they used to contact your employer it should say the team number. Do you mind posting on here which oinp team is handling your case? I'm hoping it's not team 3 because that's the team handling my employer's pre-screening.

Regards,
Moelaghil

Champ.90 said:
you are a lucky man. I am still waiting for my pre-scan since last 17 months. last week my employer got an email from them and they want him to describe my job duties.he submitted an email yesterday. will see what will happen next.

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
pate0277 said:
Hello everyone,

My employer pre screening is approved and I am going to apply for nomination under international student with job offer. I have issue with passport.

1. it must be valid for at-least two year ? my passport is expire in oct 2017.

2. I am not able to submit my passport right now because deadline for nomination application is 26 dec 2016. and as it would take at-least 2 month for renewal.

what should i do ?

I appreciate your suggestion.

thank you
My Suggestion would be to renew the passport and apply, you could try the express/rush option if there is any for the passport renewal.

Good luck brother