+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Pre-screening 2015/2016 Applicant Timeline

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
:eek: That's terrible..... Aren't you worried about the requirement of applying for nomination within 2 years of graduation? or your PGWP expiring? When did you graduate?

Did you try contacting your MP?

mani007 said:
guys sit back and feel relax......i applied in may 2015 ,,,still waiting for pre screen approval...and another case applied in april 2015,,,still waiting....so i u have any other choice upon this one,,,better go with that,,,otherwisw wait and watch.. ;D

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey Mani007,

Did your employer receive a request from OINP to submit additional documentation? My understanding is that if the application was missing some documents then the processing time restarts once the additional documents were sent in. I've read in the following forum that people are getting their Employer Pre-screen application approved in 7 months.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ontario-pnp-applications-2016-timeline-t398616.135.html

mani007

Jul 21, 2015
nothing is missin in my case,,,,my employer received procedural fairness letter few months back nd that was their first communication.....ND HE REPLIED ACCordingly....but after that neither they replied nor could be reached....i have few months left .and now i dont care becoz i am use to now :D

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I'm hoping to keep this thread alive. I know there aren't many people applying through pre-screening process.

I called OINP last week inquiring about my employer's application. They said that the application is in the second stage of processing where it was sent to an investigating officer. If the officer needs more information he or she will contact the company directly. Once that officer is satisfied he or she will forward the application to a senior officer who will make a decision on this application.

So far 5 months overdue and counting :'(

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
There have been people who had been waiting for 10-14 months for the Pre-screen application.
After that however, it seems they move faster on the nominee application.

Personally, it took my company 9 months to get the approval (first time application, reputable company that works mainly with the public sector).
My employer was called for a brief interview (more like a background check).

I applied 2 months ago and I received the interview call from the analyst/investigator last week. Typical but detailed interview, 20'.
Was asked about job duties, hours/title/company, usual stuff..
My file is now with a senior processing officer at the decision phase (according to the email I received).

Bottom line: Be patient, this stream needs time..

P.S Then we have the 15 months processing time of the federal portion of the application...

Mangat123

Aug 29, 2016
evanstp9 said:
There have been people who had been waiting for 10-14 months for the Pre-screen application.
After that however, it seems they move faster on the nominee application.

Personally, it took my company 9 months to get the approval (first time application, reputable company that works mainly with the public sector).
My employer was called for a brief interview (more like a background check).

I applied 2 months ago and I received the interview call from the analyst/investigator last week. Typical but detailed interview, 20'.
Was asked about job duties, hours/title/company, usual stuff..
My file is now with a senior processing officer at the decision phase (according to the email I received).

Bottom line: Be patient, this stream needs time..

P.S Then we have the 15 months processing time of the federal portion of the application...
hi budd
could you please elaborate more about your interview call?
like questions , were they tricky or just simple?
my application also in second stage and waiting for a call
thanks

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Following up on my timeline, International Student with Job Offer stream:

Employer Pre-Screen Submission: 26 August 2015
Employer Pre-Screen Approval: 30 May 2016
Processing Time: 9 months

Nominee Application Submission: 14 June 2016
Nominee Application Approval: 1 September 2016
Processing Time: 2,5 months

Total processing time: 11,5 months, excluding the last part where I apply for PR to the Federal Government, currently estimated as 15 months processing time.

Good luck to the rest waiting, be patient.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
:eek: Under a year for both the pre-screening and nomination!

Congratulations! and hopefully your PR application is a speedy one as well.

evanstp9 said:

Total processing time: 11,5 months, excluding the last part where I apply for PR to the Federal Government, currently estimated as 15 months processing time.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
moelaghil said:
:eek: Under a year for both the pre-screening and nomination!

Congratulations! and hopefully your PR application is a speedy one as well.
Hi I have a quick question. If pre screening takes upto 9 months and your 2 year time window expires before your pre screening approval. Do you still qualify to apply under OINP?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hey,

Let me try and clarify your question. The 2 year requirement you speak of is on the nomination application and not on the pre-screening application. Which means an international student must have a job that was already pre-screened and submit an application for nomination within 2 years of graduating.

I was also wondering that same thing so I asked OINP considering that they are taking way longer than 90 days to process the pre-screening application. My understanding from their answer (don't forget that OINP are elusive and not straight forward with their answers) is the following: That requirement is not very firm and you can attach an explanation letter with your nomination application explaining the situation. Given that your employer applied at least 91 days before your 2 year anniversary of being a graduate then you would have a strong case saying that they took too long. Therefore you can apply anyways. if your employer applied a week before your 2 year anniversary then maybe they will decline your application.

I hope that helped!

Good Luck!

Navprateek said:
Hi I have a quick question. If pre screening takes upto 9 months and your 2 year time window expires before your pre screening approval. Do you still qualify to apply under OINP?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
moelaghil said:
Hey,

Let me try and clarify your question. The 2 year requirement you speak of is on the nomination application and not on the pre-screening application. Which means an international student must have a job that was already pre-screened and submit an application for nomination within 2 years of graduating.

I was also wondering that same thing so I asked OINP considering that they are taking way longer than 90 days to process the pre-screening application. My understanding from their answer (don't forget that OINP are elusive and not straight forward with their answers) is the following: That requirement is not very firm and you can attach an explanation letter with your nomination application explaining the situation. Given that your employer applied at least 91 days before your 2 year anniversary of being a graduate then you would have a strong case saying that they took too long. Therefore you can apply anyways. if your employer applied a week before your 2 year anniversary then maybe they will decline your application.

I hope that helped!

Good Luck!
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your answer. My 2 year anniversary will be on 25 feb 2017. By that time I will have 1 year experience in NOC A. Hopefully I will be able to apply under OINP. As per my knowledge OINP is not accepting any Pre-Screening applications right now. Any thoughts on this?

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
My understanding is that OINP has a giant backlog of applications. I think mostly from the Human Capital Priorities Stream. They used to submit a PT invitation to anyone who listed Ontario as a place of interest and has a CRS score of 400 or above. There is an absurd number of applicants who submitted an application to OINP in November 2015 that haven't heard back yet (so much for 90 day processing time). I think this causes delays in all of the other streams as well.

My company submitted a Pre-Screening application in January 2016 and we haven't heard back yet. After that stage I have to submit a nomination application which also has another 3 months processing time. After that it's a paper based PR application which has a processing time of 15 months. Needless to say this is an extremely long process. I'm currently sitting at a CRS of 458 so my hopes are on the upcoming changes to increase the points for international students, and the decreasing CRS trend for the past couple of draws.

I don't want to sound cynical but I would urge you to pursue other options as well. My understanding is that OINP don't process applications in the month of December, and I don't see them clearing that backlog before the new year. Therefore, they might not open the pre-screening applications again before January 2017. At that point it might be too late for your employer to submit a pre-screening and expect them to accept your nomination application. It doesn't hurt to try except for perhaps $1,500 CAD.

Navprateek said:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your answer. My 2 year anniversary will be on 25 feb 2017. By that time I will have 1 year experience in NOC A. Hopefully I will be able to apply under OINP. As per my knowledge OINP is not accepting any Pre-Screening applications right now. Any thoughts on this?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I totally get your point. I am sitting at 410. ANd there is no way I will get an ITA unless they change the rules. I am even open to migrate to different province. I am not really sure what are my best options. Do you know when can we expect the new rules to be in practice?

twarpdev

Apr 20, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
Wow you’re processing time is awsome.

This is mine (foreign worker with the job offer),

Ontario Pre-Screening Application submitted: October 6, 2015
AOR for Pre-Screening: October 15, 2015
Pre-Screening Approved: June 21, 2016
Ontario Nomination Application submitted: July 11, 2016
AOR for Ontario Nomination: Sep 6, 2016

Somehow they spent almost 2 months to get me the AOR, hopefully they process it faster after the AOR, so my wife doesn’t have to go to the school any longer, I keep my visa thru spouse work permit of my wife’s school permit. And it is expensive go to the college.

evanstp9 said:

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Some people are saying October or November. Some say the new year... it's all speculations at this point. They might not get these changes in place till mid next year. I'm certain they will occur at some point since the minister himself mentions it at numerous occasions.

Only time will tell my friend.

Navprateek said:
I totally get your point. I am sitting at 410. ANd there is no way I will get an ITA unless they change the rules. I am even open to migrate to different province. I am not really sure what are my best options. Do you know when can we expect the new rules to be in practice?