+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : International Student Stream

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
I am confused about which mode to choose for PR application.
"You must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using a paper application form." This is specifically mentioned in the nomination certificate. and they have not talked about the online ode anywhere in the docs sent. Kindly suggest guys, what to do?

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
I am confused about which mode to choose for PR application.
"You must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using a paper application form." This is specifically mentioned in the nomination certificate. and they have not talked about the online ode anywhere in the docs sent. Kindly suggest guys, what to do?
We can use the PR portal. I just did.

Email I got from OINP after asking:

If you have received a nomination from Ontario under the employer job offer: International Student stream, you will need to submit your application by paper to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within six months.

If you visit IRCC’s ‘How to Apply’ website and are prompted to submit your application electronically, then you may wish to apply online. Note that this electronic submission may not be available to all nominees at this time. You may wish to contact IRCC for more information.
Announcement of portal: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-digital-economic-class.html

The link to apply online from the PNP page shows up randomly here, keep refreshing: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Who can apply online (includes non-express entry PNP): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

Portal link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/

CIC News:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched an online permanent residence application portal on April 1. The immigration department has digitized the application process for a random selection of permanent residency applicants in the following seven programs:

It is still possible to apply for these programs on paper. IRCC will be phasing in this portal under this select group of programs since they have relatively lower intake volumes in comparison to other economic or family streams.
IRCC official account:

Hope that convinces you and everyone else :)

Reactions: sandee1982

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thankyou So much for the details. I have a query related to the Birth certificate. I don't have one, Is there anything else i can provide in place of it or i have to acquire one?

thank you.

Reactions: lukeortolani

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Thankyou So much for the details. I have a query related to the Birth certificate. I don't have one, Is there anything else i can provide in place of it or i have to acquire one?

thank you.
I am using an affidavit for declaration of age.

imerickf

Feb 21, 2022
Hi I did, submitted mine on June 4.
Hi I wonder if you employer was ok with filling out the employer form? Did they try to say no with filling that form? - I'm thinking if asking that will cause any negative impacts on my job. thank you!

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi everyone I am interested to apply for this stream. I satisfy all of the criteria except on the education stream. The graduate certificate I completed did not require a degree but instead required a 'diploma' or 'work experience'. Do you guys suggest I apply for this? If i do get rejected does it affect my chances of getting the pr under CEC?

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
I appreciate it if you can give me an advice regarding my case: I live and work (tech job) in Ontario. I have a phd from Quebec. For OINP, it seems that I am eligible to apply for both international student stream and human capital priorities. I don’t know which one is a better choice for me. My crs score is 476 but I can decrease it.
Please share with me your ideas.
Thank you in advance