+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : International Student Stream

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Wow really. This is an absolutely new information for me. Any idea why would they want to make it this complicated?

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
one more thing I saw someone paid 1325 dollars for this application. But I paid 1500 dollars. Why is this different?

Amonkk04

Jul 13, 2021
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-12-2020
Nomination.....
30-10-2020
Y
Hi guys! Mine was just approved =) but I just discovered that is a not EE nomination, but paper based only. I am afraid that it will take years to process my pr application.
Yes i been waiting from 8 months to get my file no.☹

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
Y

Yes i been waiting from 8 months to get my file no.☹
You applied on paper, didn't you?

Does anyone know what is approximate timeline for online portal? I do not want to stick to the paper application. I have a feeling that if I do it online, through the new portal, it will be faster but I do not know where I can read more about it.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
You applied on paper, didn't you?

Does anyone know what is approximate timeline for online portal? I do not want to stick to the paper application. I have a feeling that if I do it online, through the new portal, it will be faster but I do not know where I can read more about it.
Not sure but I imagine it'll be much quicker than paper. Use the online portal. I've already started filling out documents for the online portal as I await a response from IRCC just to confirm whether we can use it.

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
Not sure but I imagine it'll be much quicker than paper. Use the online portal. I've already started filling out documents for the online portal as I await a response from IRCC just to confirm whether we can use it.
Thank you! I will call them tomorrow. I will ask some questions and updated you guys

Reactions: lukeortolani

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
The more I read up on it, the more it looks like we're good to use the portal.

From the CIC News article about the portal:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched an online permanent residence application portal on April 1. The immigration department has digitized the application process for a random selection of permanent residency applicants in the following seven programs:

It is still possible to apply for these programs on paper. IRCC will be phasing in this portal under this select group of programs since they have relatively lower intake volumes in comparison to other economic or family streams.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
>I would check with IRCC first and just confirm if it has to be mailed.
I just checked. Apparently it has to be mailed and the processing time is 15-19 months
Holy cow! so you can't use the nomination letter for the EE nomination? and add the 600 points to your EE CRS?

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Holy cow! so you can't use the nomination letter for the EE nomination? and add the 600 points to your EE CRS?
Nope. But on the other hand, you can apply for PR right away instead of waiting for a draw and we can apply online too if you read the above messages. Who knows, maybe using the new online portal will be the same processing time as a regular PR application through express entry.

Reactions: newuser86

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Nope. But on the other hand, you can apply for PR right away instead of waiting for a draw and we can apply online too if you read the above messages. Who knows, maybe using the new online portal will be the same processing time as a regular PR application through express entry.
that would be more realistic than the years of processing time for paper-based applications. I really don't see understand why paper applications are still being used maybe I am missing something.

sahil1488

Jul 12, 2021
i applied pr file after oinp approval. My wife was in India when i applied but now she is with me on work visa . my file is 95% completed that is 33 days left but my work permit is expiring in 55 days. i did not get any medical or any other request. Is there any one who knows how this processing work and what should i do?

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
i applied pr file after oinp approval. My wife was in India when i applied but now she is with me on work visa . my file is 95% completed that is 33 days left but my work permit is expiring in 55 days. i did not get any medical or any other request. Is there any one who knows how this processing work and what should i do?
I believe you are eligible to apply for a closed work permit. use the work permit support letter provided to you by OINP at the time of nomination.

If you are nominated
If your application is successful, you will receive a nomination approval letter, a work permit support letter and a nomination certificate by email.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream