+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : International Student Stream

rsdajao

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
So, what is the better way to go? PNP paper-based or EE?
I though OINP is a EE nomination, and If i start earlier, I will get my pr earlier. Now it feels like, that it is better to wait until september and apply through EE. How long many month it usually takes to process ExEntry Pr applications?
If you want it faster, go for EE. Prior to covid, EE PR applications are completed in 6 months. That’s their published timeline so I’d say you should get your PR in less than a year for EE.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hi guys! Mine was just approved =) but I just discovered that is a not EE nomination, but paper based only. I am afraid that it will take years to process my pr application.
Congrats! Just got nominated as well. I would check with IRCC first and just confirm if it has to be mailed. I don't think OINP would be updated to mention the online PR portal.

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
>I would check with IRCC first and just confirm if it has to be mailed.
I just checked. Apparently it has to be mailed and the processing time is 15-19 months

rsdajao

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Congrats! Just got nominated as well. I would check with IRCC first and just confirm if it has to be mailed. I don't think OINP would be updated to mention the online PR portal.
Yup there’s a new online portal for PR PNP applications but if you read the PNP PR page in IRCC they still did not include it in there. I also don’t know anyone who got an AOR after applying in this online portal.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Yup there’s a new online portal for PR PNP applications but if you read the PNP PR page in IRCC they still did not include it in there. I also don’t know anyone who got an AOR after applying in this online portal.
Yes, I'm looking now. Actually, a few days ago, I saw them mention "we are testing a new portal" or something like that but it's gone on the PNP PR page in IRCC. But no harm in double checking with IRCC. Better for us if we can get it processed quicker.

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
>How did you check? I meant to call or email them. I will do so later today as well!
I checked online. I will provide more information tonight.
>Yup there’s a new online portal for PR PNP applications
I would like to know about that portal, honestly.

Thanks guys!

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
>How did you check? I meant to call or email them. I will do so later today as well!
I checked online. I will provide more information tonight.
>Yup there’s a new online portal for PR PNP applications
I would like to know about that portal, honestly.

Thanks guys!
New portal was launched earlier this year and mentions that non-express entry PNP applicants can apply: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2021-digital-economic-class.html

Link to the portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Check this out! https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Seems you need to keep refreshing as sometimes it disappears.

Who can apply online: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
That is amazing information. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have one more question. Under Application Processing time, I can compare online vs paper-based application. For PNP, it is 6 months VS 15-20 months accordingly. My question is under what category I will fall if I send my application over that new website https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca. And what is the timeline?

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
>I would check with IRCC first and just confirm if it has to be mailed.
I just checked. Apparently it has to be mailed and the processing time is 15-19 months
it won't be online app? what about the online pr portal for non-express entry? thought this has been implemented

KirillTTT

Jun 23, 2021
it won't be online app? what about the online pr portal for non-express entry? thought this has been implemented
I was not aware of the new online portal when I wrote that message.
Unfortunately, I could not find an official announcement of launching the new online portal.

sandee1982

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
I have been reading the above posts and kind of getting confused. I believe once we get the nomination we just need to fill that information in our express entry profile which will boost our express entry score by 600 points. And we should get ITA once there is PNP draw. Am I wrong in this understanding? Kindly correct me if I am.

rsdajao

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I have been reading the above posts and kind of getting confused. I believe once we get the nomination we just need to fill that information in our express entry profile which will boost our express entry score by 600 points. And we should get ITA once there is PNP draw. Am I wrong in this understanding? Kindly correct me if I am.
The OINP International student job offer stream is a non express entry pathway. This means there’s no 600 points. You can either apply through paper based PR application or through the new online portal.