+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Just wondering if anyone from 2020 nomination cycle has had any progress on their PR app yet?

gami

Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a question for you guys.

I'm a provincial nominee through the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program - Foreign Worker Stream and my currently status is Student with work permit that permit work only 20 hours per week (valid until Jan, 2023). I have applied for my work permit under LMIA exempt category.

For the first question that say: I am applying for: "A work permit with the same employer" or "work permit with a new employer"

I choose "work permit with a new employer" because I had already worked at the company and would only come back to work after my nominee, so I chose this option, I would like to know if it is right?

I applied in Nov 2020 and it's been 4 and a half months and I haven't received any response, I'm afraid if I did something wrong in my application.

I also applied for my PR in paper base in December 2020 and have not yet received my AOR, does this have anything to do with it? Do they really need this information to look at my WP application?

I am asking because the Support Letter is valid for 6 months and will expire soon, and the AOR is taking more than six months to arrive.

What should I do?

Please can someone help me?

Thank you

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
For the first question that say: I am applying for: "A work permit with the same employer" or "work permit with a new employer"

I choose "work permit with a new employer" because I had already worked at the company and would only come back to work after my nominee, so I chose this option, I would like to know if it is right?
I had a similar situation and I put it down as the same employer, but I think either is fine in this case. I doubt they would reject it based on this alone.

Are you inland or outland and when does your current visa expire? Mine was approved within a few weeks and I applied back in November.

I also applied for my PR in paper base in December 2020 and have not yet received my AOR, does this have anything to do with it? Do they really need this information to look at my WP application?

I am asking because the Support Letter is valid for 6 months and will expire soon, and the AOR is taking more than six months to arrive.
Couple things here:
- AoR is taking about 6-7 months at the moment, so you won't receive AoR until July most likely.
- If your support letter expires, you can request a new one and explain why

Reactions: gami

gami

Feb 13, 2020
I had a similar situation and I put it down as the same employer, but I think either is fine in this case. I doubt they would reject it based on this alone.

Are you inland or outland and when does your current visa expire? Mine was approved within a few weeks and I applied back in November.

I'm inland and my current visa will expire in Jan, 2023, the problem is I just can work 20 hours per week with this WP that I have because I have a student visa.
I applied for the work permit on Nov, 28.

Couple things here:
- AoR is taking about 6-7 months at the moment, so you won't receive AoR until July most likely.
- If your support letter expires, you can request a new one and explain why
AoR it's taking so long.
The WP Support letter will expire in the next month, so should I contact the OINP and explain this situation? Because it's not really my fault, right.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
AoR it's taking so long.
The WP Support letter will expire in the next month, so should I contact the OINP and explain this situation? Because it's not really my fault, right.
If you've already applied for both WP and PR, then no need to get it extended as they know when the application was submitted and that it was before the expiry.

If you were to have your PR / WP rejected based on missing documentation/signature, or if your new WP expires before your PR is processed - you're able to request a new WP support letter.

You may request an extension of your nomination certificate if you applied to but your application for permanent residence was returned due to being incomplete, or you were delayed in gathering supporting documents (for example, police criminal record check) for your application for permanent residence.
Your work permit support letter is valid for six months. You may request an extension if your work permit is expiring and your application for permanent residence is still in process.
See: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-9

gami

Feb 13, 2020
If you've already applied for both WP and PR, then no need to get it extended as they know when the application was submitted and that it was before the expiry.

If you were to have your PR / WP rejected based on missing documentation/signature, or if your new WP expires before your PR is processed - you're able to request a new WP support letter.

See: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-9
Hey hylian,

Thanks for the clarification, it helped me a lot.

Can you tell me how many months your WP came out after you applied in November? Did you already have a valid WP like me under a student visa?

I called the IRCC today and the attendant told me that in the form I opted for the correct alternative - I am applying for: "work permit with a new employer"

I hope my visa will come out soon so that I can start working at 40 hours.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Can you tell me how many months your WP came out after you applied in November? Did you already have a valid WP like me under a student visa?
Mine came within about 20 days total - mid November and received it in early Deceber 2020. I applied online through the IRCC portal.

Yes was already on a work permit which was expiring in January 2020, which is why it was processed so quickly I believe.

skyisblue2021

Apr 29, 2021
Introducing the new expression of interest system

Did you already see this? They finally opened the new EOI system for Employer Job Offer Category: Foreign Worker and International Student.
This says ONIP system will be open throughout the year to submit Express of Interest. Does anyone here have experience in applying for ONIP when they are working in Canada with a closed WP as ICT( Intra Company Transfer) that's LMIA exempt? Does ONIP accept job offers that are LMIA exempt? Also if you working in the same company for more than a year, is the 'no end date' in job offer is mandatory? Please share your experience if you have gone through this. Thanks!