+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
Did they request additional documents? Did they call your employer?

I'm curious, it seems like some applications don't get any document requests and others request TS4 slips, CRA documents pay slips, organizational charts, call your employer to double-check everything, ask you to prove your intention to reside in Ontario...

Also, it says the standard processing times for FW and IS streams are around 90 to 120 days. Do you think because of the "coronabacklog" they're rushing nominations so they can open the remaining streams ASAP to meet the annual allocation and call it a year?
I heard from some consultants that quickness of approval also depends how comprehensive your documents are and what documents has been provided by the organisation, The organisation where I got the opportunity has been in Ontario from last 15 years with more than 100 employees. I believe it has helped to get nomination quickly.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Did they request additional documents? Did they call your employer?

I'm curious, it seems like some applications don't get any document requests and others request TS4 slips, CRA documents pay slips, organizational charts, call your employer to double-check everything, ask you to prove your intention to reside in Ontario...

Also, it says the standard processing times for FW and IS streams are around 90 to 120 days. Do you think because of the "coronabacklog" they're rushing nominations so they can open the remaining streams ASAP to meet the annual allocation and call it a year?
Depends on the agent too, some could be more junior and some more experienced. Some might want to confirm more details than others etc.

FWIW my application was near perfect with all of the documentation required supplied and more and I've been sitting on Waiting for Information for 3 weeks with no update.

I don't think they'll be opening the stream again this year - they've already got 4800+ nominations issued as of August 13, and they did a few rounds of EE streams after that.

madavila03

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
See potential changes in the OINP under evaluation that could impact the foreign worker stream

https://www.ontariocanada.com/registry/view.do?language=en&postingId=34247

“Under an EOI system, individuals would register with the OINP and be placed in a selection pool. Individuals would then be required to provide personal information and other labour market and/or human capital information that would form the basis of any Invitation to Apply (ITA).

An individual's EOI would be scored based on the information provided in their EOI. The OINP would review the scoring and issue ITAs to select EOI registrants. Registrants who received an ITA would be eligible to apply for nomination under the OINP.”

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
So OINP will become a "Working Holiday Visa" pool and will no longer be served on a first-come, first-served basis but it will have its own point-based system? Does this mean employer job offer streams will be processed the same way as Express Entry or this is just to select who can apply to the paper-based process?
WHV pool isn't based on points, it's a pool that's randomly selected from and each country has a set allocation. I doubt OINP would follow this approach, instead they'd probably do a similar thing to the EE FSW stream where they take in a number of factors and assign a score based on that, that would make the most sense.

If this becomes a thing, I feel so sorry for people who don't have enough EE points and won't be able to get an ITA because of their age or whatever reason and were relying on PNP paper-based. On the other hand, it was obvious they would have to introduce changes to the system at some point because demand has outgrown offer to the point whenever the streams are open for registrations the page collapses for hours.
What else are they supposed to do that keeps the system without bias? The demand for both foreign-worker and student streams are super high, how is it fair that those who can afford to sit up all night / morning clicking refresh on a portal are the ones who are able to register, where there might be far more suitable candidates who are at work or waited and missed a spot?

I hope OINP bring their program more in line with BC - BC is far more progressive and quicker. Tech Pilot turnaround is 2 weeks, here you must compete in the HCP stream with education requirements.

Reactions: J20190911

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Ontario immigration plans to manage the application process for some of its most popular streams using an Expression of Interest system.

The Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development introduced the changes in a proposal published on Tuesday, September 8.

Under the proposal, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will introduce an EOI system for the following streams:

Employer Job Offer category.
Foreign Worker stream.
International Student stream.
In-Demand Skills stream.
Masters Graduate.
Ph.D. Graduate.

The EOI system will work in the same way as the federal Express Entry system.

“Under an EOI system, individuals would register with the OINP and be placed in a selection pool,” the proposal says.

“Individuals would then be required to provide personal information and other labour market and/or human capital information that would form the basis of any Invitation to Apply (ITA).”

Specific regulatory amendments in Tuesday’s proposal include the right to:

Conduct both general and targeted draws.
Score prospective applicants in the EOI pool.
Determine and publish EOI point allocations.
Allocate points to various factors including education and language skills.
Issue ITAs to the top-scoring candidates.
Ontario says the introduction of an EOI system will allow it to better respond to specific labour market needs, manage high OINP demand and prioritize the best candidates.

Many Canadian provinces already operate their own EOI systems, including Quebec, which launched the Arrima platform in 2018, making the first invitations in 2019.

Ontario is asking for stakeholder feedback on the plan to introduce an EOI system. A consultation period is open until October 23, 2020.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello Folks,

I am an inland applicant.

I had applied for OINP: Foreign Worker Stream in July 2020. However, i was fortunate enough to secure express entry ITA in last CEC only draw.
What should i do?

I prefer express entry, but then should i decline my OINP nomination (currently in process) Or keep it valid until i get decision on my express entry PR application?

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Hello Folks,

I am an inland applicant.

I had applied for OINP: Foreign Worker Stream in July 2020. However, i was fortunate enough to secure express entry ITA in last CEC only draw.
What should i do?

I prefer express entry, but then should i decline my OINP nomination (currently in process) Or keep it valid until i get decision on my express entry PR application?
If you've received an ITA in CEC I'd just do that. Turnaround even with COVID shouldn't be too bad - they've been processing and issuing CoPR there for a while whereas paper based only recently started up again. Plus you can apply for an open work permit once you apply for PR after AOR through CEC whereas with OINP you can't.

I don't think you would get a refund for your OINP application if it's being processed, so you might as well keep that process going as a backup. I just wouldn't go through the hassle of a paper application if you can avoid it.

Nabin912

Sep 10, 2020
Hello everyone
I am experienced graduate civil engineer working outside of Canada and I would like to get in touch with the related peoples and stakeholders to know more.

Nabin912

Sep 10, 2020
Hello
I am experienced civil engineer working in civil engineering field and interested to know more about this visa category.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
If you've received an ITA in CEC I'd just do that. Turnaround even with COVID shouldn't be too bad - they've been processing and issuing CoPR there for a while whereas paper based only recently started up again. Plus you can apply for an open work permit once you apply for PR after AOR through CEC whereas with OINP you can't.

I don't think you would get a refund for your OINP application if it's being processed, so you might as well keep that process going as a backup. I just wouldn't go through the hassle of a paper application if you can avoid it.
Sure thanks

Nabin912

Sep 10, 2020
No I didn’t received ITA yet. Though I am beginner in this category,I would like to receive guidance step by step to move forward.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
For PR, if Police certificates have expired but you never went back to that country should the applicant apply for new one.