Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I was thinking about this... I created my profile in the e-filing portal and got my file number on August 27 (the same day that the stream re-opened) and sent the application on September 3. Maybe this is why my application is already on DIP...
I created my profile on Aug 27 too but submitted on 9th Sept. Mine is still in Assessment.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
In my case, my work permit will expire before the paper based PR process will complete. I read that we would get a work permit support letter from ONIP after nomination to apply for the closed work permit. Actually the employer needs to pay for compliance fee it seems. Anyone has any idea about this process?
Yes Employer needs to submit the offer letter and pay Approx CAD$250 as employer compliance fee. You will get a number from the employer. This employer offer submission + compliance fee payment is instant and online. After that, you can use the OINP Work permit support letter and the Employer number to apply for closed work permit. After that, once you submit your paper PR and get the acknowledgement of receipt [AoR] (Takes Approx 1-2 months), you will get Open work permit from next time. Just my research, I may be wrong. Yet to taste all this. I am outside Canada.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I am so clueless about this whole process. Never taught that there would be need to go through this long process for getting PR.Really frustrating.

Some questions regarding PR application:

In the list of documents, i did not see any requirement for :

Job letters from past employer
Bank statements or proof of funds

Regarding police clearance certificate, do we submit it when we apply for paper based or will CIC ask us later on during processing?

Also it states that "Do send any additional documents when submitting your application to CIO".
Yah the paper process is really slow and is a disadvantage for people with very good IELTS scores, WES in hand etc but do not have enough points for Express entry. Well, the express entry is called "express", for a reason:)

Advantages of paper --
1. No need to panic to submit the application within 60 days. You have a good 6 months.
2. No WES evaluation required.
3. No need of IELTS for many job codes. IELTS/CELPIP only for those with NOC C or D, they have to achieve CLB 4, only if the province that gave the nomination asks for a language test.

Disadvantages of paper
1. Super slow process. You can link your paper to online (Just to get updates).
2. You will need to take a work permit. No employer will ever wait for 1.5 years for PR approval. Virtually, you cannot land with a PR.
3. You get a closed Work permit initially.
4. Tied to nomination and nomination can be withdrawn, for example, if you change employer etc.

So, paper would help some class of people of some age band, who are really good, but sadly don't get invited in Express entry due to various factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: rodgarcialima

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi, How long did it take to change status from Submitted to Assessment?
Profile created : Aug 27
Submitted : After - hours on Sept 9th
Received Assessment email : 10th of Oct
Decision in Progress (DIP) : ??? Desperately waiting

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
What do u think..
Nearby what date i can be nominated..?
Any idea...
I should say that not before 60 days since submission as the processing time is 60-90 days. I didn't see anybody who had nomination before that the expected time. But, this is my supposition, don't take it for granted.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Yah the paper process is really slow and is a disadvantage for people with very good IELTS scores, WES in hand etc but do not have enough points for Express entry. Well, the express entry is called "express", for a reason:)

Advantages of paper --
1. No need to panic to submit the application within 60 days. You have a good 6 months.
2. No WES evaluation required.
3. No need of IELTS for many job codes. (This rule is not clear to me still, I may be wrong. I have IELTS anyways, with a CLB9 score, for which I did work hard, but probably is useless now)
4. No need of police clearance for country of residence and country of origin ? Can someone please clarify this? Will this be asked later? Not sure.

Disadvantages of paper
1. Super slow process. You can link your paper to online (Just to get updates).
2. You will need to take a work permit. No employer will ever wait for 1.5 years for PR approval. Virtually, you cannot land with a PR.
3. You get a closed Work permit initially.
4. Tied to nomination and nomination can be withdrawn, for example, if you change employer etc.

So, paper would help some class of people of some age band, who are really good, but sadly don't get invited in Express entry due to various factors.
You have to send the police clearance along with the presentation. As the final decision will take more than one year, it's probable that after one year, they ask for the clearance again.
You must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18. If the original certificate isn’t in English or French, you must get an accredited translator to translate it. You must include both the police certificate and the original copy of the translation.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
3. No need of IELTS for many job codes. (This rule is not clear to me still, I may be wrong. I have IELTS anyways, with a CLB9 score, for which I did work hard, but probably is useless now)
IELTS/CELPIP only for those with NOC C or D, they have to achieve CLB 4, only if the province that give the nomination asks for a language test: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/requirements-provincial-nominees.html

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
You have to send the police clearance along with the presentation. As the final decision will take more than one year, it's probable that after one year, they ask for the clearance again.
You must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18. If the original certificate isn’t in English or French, you must get an accredited translator to translate it. You must include both the police certificate and the original copy of the translation.
Hi @chivinas Thanks for the clarification. I removed the point from plus list.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
What if the 6650 limit is hit for PnP, will other applications be carried forward to 2020? If not, then what else would happen?

Last edited: