Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Paper processing is news to me too. So, we need to wait 18 months to get Invitation to apply? :confused:. My status changed to Assessment today. Applied 9th Sept. So, which company on earth will wait 18 months? Should we go on work permit? Is that the norm? Will the nomination help in work permit ?

Last edited:

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Paper processing is news to me too. So, we need to wait 18 months to get Invitation to apply? :confused:. My status changed to Assessment today. Applied 9th Sept. So, which company on earth will wait 18 months? Should we go on work permit? Is that the norm? Will the nomination help in work permit ?
No, the 18 months is to get the PR, no an invitation to apply. CIC process your permanent residence directly based on Ontario nomination.

On CIC web page says:

If you’re currently working in Canada:
If your existing work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. If you’re eligible, this permit can let you keep working while you wait for a final decision on your permanent residence application. You’ll need the letter called “Acknowledgment of receipt – Application for permanent residence” to apply for a bridging open work permit.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
No, the 18 months is to get the PR, no an invitation to apply. CIC process your permanent residence directly based on Ontario nomination.

On CIC web page says:

If your existing work permit is about to expire, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. If you’re eligible, this permit can let you keep working while you wait for a final decision on your permanent residence application. You’ll need the letter called “Acknowledgment of receipt – Application for permanent residence” to apply for a bridging open work permit.
What if I am outside Canada? Lets say, hypothetically, I received a nomination confirmation today. What do you think should be my next step? Assume no LMIA. Assume I have all the documents and clearances to apply for PR. Who will give a PR invitation? CIC via Express entry or CIC via mail ? Or no one gives anything and we apply by paper and apply for Work Permit at the same time? What category of Work Permit to apply?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
when we applied OINP, a case number was assigned to us.
I am trying to figure out if they process our case according to the date we submitted or the date we applied.

Since hj2019's case number is 7xx and he/she applied on Sep 18th, his/her status changed to assessement, I guess they process our case according to the date we submitted.
if that is the case then first those luxixi who submitted on Sept 12 should have got the case assessment status before hj2019 applied on sep 18th correct?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019

On CIC web page says:

it is actually 18 months to get the Decision from IRCC - !! PR or NO PR !!

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
What if I am outside Canada? Lets say, hypothetically, I received a nomination confirmation today. What do you think should be my next step? Assume no LMIA. Assume I have all the documents and clearances to apply for PR. Who will give a PR invitation? CIC via Express entry or CIC via mail ? Or no one gives anything and we apply by paper and apply for Work Permit at the same time? What category of Work Permit to apply?

I am not sure, but I think that if you get your nomination, you cannot leave the employer who supported your nomination till you get your PR.
There is not invitation to PR nor Express Entry. With your nomination, you should apply to PR by paper to IRCC and wait 12-18 months to get approved. Meanwhile, you have to apply for the bridging Work Permit.

Aryan888

Oct 7, 2019
Hey guys I applied on Sep 9 and still in submitted status.

I have one question, after being nominated, what should I do (next step)? I friend of mine said that I have to apply by paper, not using the Express Entry website, and the entire process could take 2 years.

What do you guys know about this?

Thx
Hi you apply on 9 or 19 ??? accutly I applied on sep 12 so I think I am alone with this date for assesment.