+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Zeeshan Moin

Mar 8, 2024
I am going to start my process under Employer offer letter category (tech). I am VERY new to this and been reading a lot of things over the internet to not to miss out on something. I have few questions, here they are..

1. After submitting the employer form, is there a chance that LMIA is also asked from the employer ? Or are you aware of case where LMIA was also asked .
2. Do the employer submits proof of employement demonstration in the employer form or is it something being asked separtely ?
3. Is it a kind of mandatory documents ? and are the employers generally are aware of this, that they can be asked the proof of demonstration ?
4. What questions I can possibly ask the employer to be sure my process does not get stuck in future due to employer (unwilling to provide certain documents). ? One is ofcourse is Employer form. Can someone let me know what else are REALLY important things to be aware of employer perspective to be sure and I can ask before hand to them. I dont wish to burn myself midway due to certain employer related document (possibly)

Appreciate answers here :)

Last edited:

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am going to start my process under Employer offer letter category (tech). I am VERY new to this and been reading a lot of things over the internet to not to miss out on something. I have few questions, here they are..

1. After submitting the employer form, is there a chance that LMIA is also asked from the employer ?
2. Do the employer submits proof of employment demonstration in the employer form or is it something being asked separately ?
3. Is it a kind of mandatory documents ? and are the employers generally are aware of this, that they can be asked the proof of demonstration ?
4. What questions I can possibly ask the employer to be sure my process does not get stuck in future due to employer (unwilling to provide certain documents). ? One is ofcourse is Employer form. Can someone let me know what else are REALLY important things to be aware of employer perspective to be sure and I can ask before hand to them. I don't wish to burn myself midway due to certain employer related document (possibly)

Appreciate answers here :)
I can't answer all your questions specifically. But i recently got Employer job offer form filled by my employer. But getting LMIA is whole other game. IN my experience, my employer keep on denying giving LMIA for me stating that LMIA they have issued mainly for new hiring purpose not to existing employees. If employer really need you and see you as important asset in the team, they will give atleast give you employer job offer form.

Zeeshan Moin

Mar 8, 2024
I can't answer all your questions specifically. But i recently got Employer job offer form filled by my employer. But getting LMIA is whole other game. IN my experience, my employer keep on denying giving LMIA for me stating that LMIA they have issued mainly for new hiring purpose not to existing employees. If employer really need you and see you as important asset in the team, they will give atleast give you employer job offer form.
Ok. From what I am hearing from others in my company. They deny LMIA but employer form they give. I have discussion with my employer this week so I wish to be prepared to through questions at them.

prashant55

Apr 13, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Category........
PNP
Hopefully, you get your nomination before your PGWP expires. As soon as you get your nomination, you can apply immediately for a closed work permit through the work permit support letter (WPSL).
Thanks for the reply. I did not knew about WPSL.

I will apply for a work permit, but as of now there is no update on my OINP application and I am worried because I have 3 months only!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok. From what I am hearing from others in my company. They deny LMIA but employer form they give. I have discussion with my employer this week so I wish to be prepared to through questions at them.
The employer form is mandatory but this doesn't mean that employers are aware of it. It is good that you are having a discussion with your employer this week to see if they are willing to support the process. Some employers, especially large organizations, are not willing to complete the form. Good luck

Mayt

Feb 3, 2021
@scylla

Hi,

In immigration process OINP does employer need to give LMIA letter? if not what is the name of support document from employer does need to get the applicant.?

does employer support document count as LMIA?

Please little bit elaborate if any one knows...!!!!

With regds
May

Sarper

Mar 7, 2024
@scylla

Hi,

In immigration process OINP does employer need to give LMIA letter? if not what is the name of support document from employer does need to get the applicant.?

does employer support document count as LMIA?

Please little bit elaborate if any one knows...!!!!

With regds
May
Hi,

You need this form from your employer. You don't need LMIA form for OINP.

Form Number 009-0233
Title Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer Streams Employer Form

Reactions: Mayt

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
SO I have applied under Ontario Foreign Worker Job Offer Stream using Ontario Portal.
Can I also apply for Human capital stream CEC class from same account?

TSQUARE

Jun 16, 2015
My timeline:
ITA: 19th Jan 2024
Submitted: 31st Jan 2024
Assessment: 22nd Feb 2024
DIP: ?

OINP Employer Job Offer - Foreign Worker Stream:
My timeline:
ITA: 19th Jan 2024
Submitted: 31st Jan 2024
Assessment: 22nd Feb 2024