+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

prashant55

Apr 13, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Category........
PNP
Hello Everyone, I have applied for nomination under Employer Job Offer stream on January 17th 2024.

I am currently in Ontario, working for the same employer from whom I have got the job offer. But, my current work permit (PGWP) will be expiring on June 30th.

What are the ways I can extend my work permit? Please suggest me a way.
Thanks in advance.

Krunal96

Feb 23, 2024
Hello everyone, My colleague and I applied to OINP: Foreign Worker Stream and the EOI was selected on Dec 5th.
I completed and submitted documents/application on Dec 14, '23, while he did it a week ago.
Today, he received an email stating that our current wages are lower than the median wage, and that the application may be withdrawn within 5 days, if no supporting documents are provided. I believe I will be receiving the same email soon during the next week.

Upon talking to our HR, they might match our wages to the median wages to update the application. What else will be required from our side and HR besides the new letter? Do we have to submit an explanation letter along with the new wage/offer letter? If yes, what should be the format of this letter?

Is there any other way to PNP or PR, if the wages aren't matched?

Anyone who was able to get their approvals after such incidents, please contact ASAP.

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello Everyone, I have applied for nomination under Employer Job Offer stream on January 17th 2024.

I am currently in Ontario, working for the same employer from whom I have got the job offer. But, my current work permit (PGWP) will be expiring on June 30th.

What are the ways I can extend my work permit? Please suggest me a way.
Thanks in advance.
Hopefully, you get your nomination before your PGWP expires. As soon as you get your nomination, you can apply immediately for a closed work permit through the work permit support letter (WPSL).

Reactions: andrews17

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello everyone, My colleague and I applied to OINP: Foreign Worker Stream and the EOI was selected on Dec 5th.
I completed and submitted documents/application on Dec 14, '23, while he did it a week ago.
Today, he received an email stating that our current wages are lower than the median wage, and that the application may be withdrawn within 5 days, if no supporting documents are provided. I believe I will be receiving the same email soon during the next week.

Upon talking to our HR, they might match our wages to the median wages to update the application. What else will be required from our side and HR besides the new letter? Do we have to submit an explanation letter along with the new wage/offer letter? If yes, what should be the format of this letter?

Is there any other way to PNP or PR, if the wages aren't matched?

Anyone who was able to get their approvals after such incidents, please contact ASAP.
My experience with the job offer stream, Ontario is very strict with regards to the wage requirements. An updated offer letter alone may not be enough to support your application unless you can also attach a latest payslip to show that you are indeed being paid with what is in your offer letter. Just an opinion.

Feb 26, 2024
Hey everyone, new here. My application has been in DIP state for over a month now, and I asked employer if they had received any email or call from the Visa Officer or the IRCC to verify my employment status. To my surprise, they did not get any call or email.
My question is, do they always verify our employment by contacting the employer before making a decision? Or do they sometimes find the information provided in the documents sufficient to make a decision? Please do tell.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hey everyone, new here. My application has been in DIP state for over a month now, and I asked employer if they had received any email or call from the Visa Officer or the IRCC to verify my employment status. To my surprise, they did not get any call or email.
My question is, do they always verify our employment by contacting the employer before making a decision? Or do they sometimes find the information provided in the documents sufficient to make a decision? Please do tell.
For what I've read/heard, DIP to Nomination takes an average of 3-4 months. Sometimes less, sometimes more than that.

Feb 26, 2024
Hi guys,

I'm currently in Ontario, and my PNP application got approved, I got married last year while my PNP was under process. I'm just waiting for my PCC and my wife's PCC and medical. I applied for my PCC on Feb 5th, 2024 this month. My nomination expires June 10. My wife is currently in India, my open work permit is expiring in August 2024 this year. I'm thinking of applying PR for both of us and meanwhile can I also apply for work permit for both of us (My closed work permit with the current employer and my wife's open work permit - as I have to state that my family member will accompany me in work permit application) correct? any thoughts on my application, Am I missing anything or any suggestions? Thank you in advance. Also can somebody suggest which application should I do first and which one later - between PR and Work permit for both of us.

cheenu1222

Feb 27, 2024
Hi
I got a job offer from ontarip employer and I am qualified to apply for this program -employer job offer stream. Just wanted to check with you all if Proof of fund is mandatory to apply for this program. Currently I am staying outside canada and we are a family of3. Please someone suggest me if it is required to apply for nomination from ontario & when I apply for PR directly with IRCC.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I got a job offer from ontarip employer and I am qualified to apply for this program -employer job offer stream. Just wanted to check with you all if Proof of fund is mandatory to apply for this program. Currently I am staying outside canada and we are a family of3. Please someone suggest me if it is required to apply for nomination from ontario & when I apply for PR directly with IRCC.

Thanks
Not a requirement. What is your score and NOC? Is it selected in draws?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-3

cheenu1222

Feb 27, 2024
Feb 26, 2024
Not a requirement. What is your score and NOC? Is it selected in draws?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-3
Could someone please also reply to my query?

Repeating my question here, during the Decision In Progress state, does the Visa Officer or IRCC always contact our employer to verify our employment before making a decision?

Or do they sometimes find the information provided in the documents sufficient to make a decision?

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Do I need ielts for OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream? I think I am eligible got 2 years of experience in Tier 1 Noc A
Just not sure WHether I need ielts or not. PLease share your thoughts.

PRSeeker1

Feb 15, 2024
I have a question, do OINP respond to applications based on batch after batch, so do they finish 1 and go onto the next or can august 2023 cohorts be getting processed alongside December 2023 batch.

davidbrasil

Star Member
Dec 18, 2023
No! and distributed individually to agents, if you're lucky, get an effective and quick one. Unfortunately, I haven't had one and I've been waiting for 150 days.