+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

blueivory

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
I am not sure of that. There is also another stream Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream. Please note that all these streams are not Express Entry eligible. You need to file a paper PR which can take 15-19 months to process (Plus OINP time to get you the nomination).
Please can u explain further what u mean by not EE eligible. If I get a nomination, doesn't it give me the 600 points for EE? Does it take that long to get d nomination? Pls explain as it seems I am getting this wrong.

Reactions: Mann157

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Please can u explain further what u mean by not EE eligible. If I get a nomination, doesn't it give me the 600 points for EE? Does it take that long to get d nomination? Pls explain as it seems I am getting this wrong.
First, you have to apply to get the nomination from Ontario, which will take about 90-120 days.
With the certificate of nomination, you have to apply to IRCC, and you will not have the 600 points as this stream is not EE ligated, it's totally independent and is not point-based.
You should apply to PR via paper (the process is not online), and you will get PR if you fulfil the requirements (it does not matter your points).
This process will take about 15-19 months instead of EE, which is six months.
The good news is that you do not need WES. And, if your NOC is A or B, you do not need IELTS/CELPIP either.
In summary, the whole process will be around 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: phanikiran.kara

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
First, you have to apply to get the nomination from Ontario, which will take about 90-120 days.
With the certificate of nomination, you have to apply to IRCC, and you will not have the 600 points as this stream is not EE ligated, it's totally independent and is not point-based.
You should apply to PR via paper (the process is not online), and you will get PR if you fulfil the requirements (it does not matter your points).
This process will take about 15-19 months instead of EE, which is six months.
The good news is that you do not need WES. And, if your NOC is A or B, you do not need IELTS/CELPIP either.
In summary, the whole process will be around 2 years.
I think we should repeat this message in every page of this thread :p

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I am adding further clarification for new comers on this page 122 :) --
1. Please note that this OINP program - Employer Job offer foreign worker is NOT an express entry eligible nomination. You will NOT get 600 points. You cannot modify your Express Entry profile and try to add this OINP nomination number there. Infact its better to disable and withdraw an Express Entry profile + Job Bank profile once you receive nomination in this stream and apply for PR. DO NOT apply PR in both the streams simultaneously. You would obviously not get two PR cards :p. Both may be rejected instead. Who knows...

2. You will need to wait 3-6 months for OINP nomination and then wait about 1 year 6 months to get the PR and the application is via paper process initially and then you can link it to an online profile once you get AoR. Progress will be slow and there is no way to speed it up, in any way, shape or form.

3. You will not need education credential evaluation - WES when applying through this stream.

4. LMIA is usually not required but expect additional documentation to be requested from employer, by OINP. OINP nomination can be used to file a closed Work Permit under LMIA exempt category. Open work permit will not be issued, even with a AoR.

5. IELTS is not required for NOC A and B (and some other specific NoCs?).

6. Age is not a factor and there are no points in this stream like Express Entry.

7. Proof of funds need not be submitted initially (unless specific case applies to you, like common law partner etc).

8. Police clearance certificates + photos are the only original documents you would typically submit for PR initially, for this stream. Nothing in original needs to be sent to OINP (unless asked specifically). OINP process is completely online.

Complete OINP document list can be found here -- https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream-applicant-checklist

Paper PR process details can be found here -- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

9. Be ready to shell out C$2000 ($1500 for outside Greater Toronto Area) for OINP plus the additional PR costs (similar to EE).

Last edited:

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
1. Please note that this OINP program - Employer Job offer foreign worker is NOT an express entry eligible nomination. You will NOT get 600 points. You cannot modify your Express Entry profile and try to add this OINP nomination number there. Infact its better to disable and withdraw an Express Entry profile + Job Bank profile once you receive nomination in this stream and apply for PR.

2. You will need to wait 3-6 months for OINP nomination and then wait about 1 year 6 months to get the PR and the application is via paper process initially and then you can link it to an online profile once you get AoR. Progress will be slow and there is no way to speed it up, in any way, shape or form.

3. You will not need education credential evaluation - WES when applying through this stream.

4. LMIA is usually not required but expect additional documentation to be requested from employer, by OINP. OINP nomination can be used to file a closed Work Permit under LMIA exempt category. Open work permit will not be issued, even with a AoR.

6. Age is not a factor and there are no points in this stream like Express Entry.

7. Proof of funds need not be submitted initially (unless specific case applies to you, like common law partner etc).

8. Police clearance certificates + photos are the only original documents you would typically submit for PR initially, for this stream. Nothing in original needs to be sent to OINP (unless asked specifically). OINP process is completely online.

Complete OINP document list can be found here -- https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream-applicant-checklist

Paper PR process details can be found here -- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

9. Be ready to shell out C$2000 for OINP plus the PR costs (similar to EE).
nice! wonderful job! we must remember #122!!!
All of us can become an immigration assessor for OINP! ;)

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
1. Please note that this OINP program - Employer Job offer foreign worker is NOT an express entry eligible nomination. You will NOT get 600 points. You cannot modify your Express Entry profile and try to add this OINP nomination number there. Infact its better to disable and withdraw an Express Entry profile + Job Bank profile once you receive nomination in this stream and apply for PR.

9. Be ready to shell out C$2000 for OINP plus the PR costs (similar to EE).
10. If you have applied for OINP and received AOR for EE same time---- But still you will get only 1 PR Not 2. So, use either of the options and help others. lol

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
10. If you have applied for OINP and received AOR for EE same time---- But still you will get only 1 PR Not 2. So, use either of the options and help others. lol
Well, if people dont know even this, they have no right to be in Canada :p.. I know your message was a joke ;)

Reactions: chivinas

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
There have been cases like these Phani. People still do it, IRCC cancels the paper based PR in this case.
O I C... Good to know. I will add this point.