+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

akhil.sanjiva

Feb 10, 2021
Hey guys, I have a silly question which I'm hoping to get answers for:

Can you proactively apply for OINP even without receiving a NOI? I have an express entry profile (FSW-O) with a score of 466 and NOC code of 0213, but there is a lot of conflicting info on the immigration pages. Some say you absolutely need a NOI before application, but some say you can apply for a "nomination" - not sure which one is accurate.

Thank you!

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Thanks for the response. Obviously i am not gonna change the job code, but there is a change in marital status as i am getting divorced. So i need to change from married to separated in EE profile
That sounds absolutely fine to me, you're just changing based on a genuine life update not correcting a mistake!

Reactions: SmartChap

akd19

Aug 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I tried searching the information I was looking for but could not find it in the OINP section.

Q1 - I have talked to my employer (verbally) for the reference letter in the format described by OINP authorities. HR has informed that they cannot provide such a document. However, I have -
a) Joining letter
b) Appointment letter (duties not mentioned)
c) Promotion letters
d) Salary slips
e) Increment letters (soft copy)
f) KRA - latest - mentioning my job duties (soft copy in company portal, can take PDF out)
g) My manager can provide me with a reference mail or a notarized letter mentioning my job duties. (Not on company letter head)

Will these documents be sufficient to satisfy the authorities?

Kindly let me know if anyone has a similar experience.

Thank you
Regards

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I tried searching the information I was looking for but could not find it in the OINP section.

Q1 - I have talked to my employer (verbally) for the reference letter in the format described by OINP authorities. HR has informed that they cannot provide such a document. However, I have -
a) Joining letter
b) Appointment letter (duties not mentioned)
c) Promotion letters
d) Salary slips
e) Increment letters (soft copy)
f) KRA - latest - mentioning my job duties (soft copy in company portal, can take PDF out)
g) My manager can provide me with a reference mail or a notarized letter mentioning my job duties.

Will these documents be sufficient to satisfy the authorities?

Kindly let me know if anyone has a similar experience.

Thank you
Regards
That's loads! Add them all to your application, should be more than enough.

Reactions: akd19

r.fika7

Oct 15, 2019
Hey guys, I have a silly question which I'm hoping to get answers for:

Can you proactively apply for OINP even without receiving a NOI? I have an express entry profile (FSW-O) with a score of 466 and NOC code of 0213, but there is a lot of conflicting info on the immigration pages. Some say you absolutely need a NOI before application, but some say you can apply for a "nomination" - not sure which one is accurate.

Thank you!
You must get NOI. Otherwise you cannot apply for OINP. There is a requirement to screenshot the NOI in the application package.

Reactions: akhil.sanjiva

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hello Guys,

Do you have any idea when will be the next OINP HCP General draw? Within a month or two? Any guesses?

Also do you have any idea about the remaining quota of ITAs this year? Any chance for 1121 to get invited again?

Appreciate your valuable responses

nouvea

Aug 7, 2021
Nope. There's a checklist if you Google
Hey, can you help me out too. I don't have any established ties in ON, no family, friend or social connection. Should I just write ' I have no established ties in ON' . If I do this, based on your experience will my application be rejected (provided all other documents are in order) .
Also my IELTS is expiring soon though I will submit my OINP application before that date. However I heard the EE profile expires if the IELTS expires. So even if I get the nomination, the profile will no longer be valid. How do I deal with this. Can I just put dummy dates in my EE profile until I get my new score? My IELTS result will only come by August end.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hello Guys,

Do you have any idea when will be the next OINP HCP General draw? Within a month or two? Any guesses?

Also do you have any idea about the remaining quota of ITAs this year? Any chance for 1121 to get invited again?

Appreciate your valuable responses
Any help here in providing info regarding remaining quote for OINP this year?

nouvea

Aug 7, 2021
Any help here in providing info regarding remaining quote for OINP this year?
Hello, If you already have 1121 points I think you already have a PNP nomination. In that case, you are probably waiting for IRCC PNP draw. Correct me if I am wrong. Another PNP draw is expected soon going from what some websites are saying.

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hello, If you already have 1121 points I think you already have a PNP nomination. In that case, you are probably waiting for IRCC PNP draw. Correct me if I am wrong. Another PNP draw is expected soon going from what some websites are saying.
Nope... I didnt get it as i was having slightly higher CRS score than their cut off

akd19

Aug 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Just a silly request. Will it be possible for anyone to share the NOI email. Personal details can be blacked out.

Regards