+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Nope... I didnt get it as i was having slightly higher CRS score than their cut off
So 1121 is your NOC code? If so, NOIs seem to be issued monthly. Check this out here:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

So the next one will probably be August.

There's no actual predictor really for which CRS scores will be selected but the range is pretty consistent, usually 467 tops. This is because if you have a score higher than this you'll probably get an invite for FSW anyway within EE. I'm sure they'll start re-inviting when the country reopens, maybe Sept or Oct this year.

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Hey, can you help me out too. I don't have any established ties in ON, no family, friend or social connection. Should I just write ' I have no established ties in ON' . If I do this, based on your experience will my application be rejected (provided all other documents are in order) .
Also my IELTS is expiring soon though I will submit my OINP application before that date. However I heard the EE profile expires if the IELTS expires. So even if I get the nomination, the profile will no longer be valid. How do I deal with this. Can I just put dummy dates in my EE profile until I get my new score? My IELTS result will only come by August end.
Don't put dummy dates as that could be viewed as misrepresentation maybe. I would put your current IELTS dates, take a new test ASAP, then email OINP to swap them over when you get new results.

I don't know about EE expiring if IELTS expires - it makes sense considering you need at least one language test before creating an EE profile.

You may have to just have a period without a EE profile until your new results come in.

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Thank you for replying. I have a question about the mandatory ties in ON column.
I have secured a connection through my cousins friend's Brother in law(very remote) however the person's details I am planning to use has no idea about me nor do I know anything about him except his name. address and phone number. Does ON verify whether the connection is genuine by contacting them? Can you guide how best I can proceed with these details or is it better to skip using a connection and writing instead that I have no established ties in ON. TIA
Ties to ON aren't mandatory with OINP. I just wrote a letter saying why I want to live there. I've had interviews in Toronto so provided this evidence. Do some more research into OINP requirements online and what you'll need to supply with NOI.

nouvea

Aug 7, 2021
Ties to ON aren't mandatory with OINP. I just wrote a letter saying why I want to live there. I've had interviews in Toronto so provided this evidence. Do some more research into OINP requirements online and what you'll need to supply with NOI.
Sure mate, Thanks a bunch for helping out! Has your profile been assessed. Can you give a rough timeline of the whole process

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hello, If you already have 1121 points I think you already have a PNP nomination. In that case, you are probably waiting for IRCC PNP draw. Correct me if I am wrong. Another PNP draw is expected soon going from what some websites are saying.
I think he was talking about NOC code 1121.

Nikhil1824

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Reposting my queries here since nobody seems to be replying. Please do reply and help me out here.

1) My IELTS is expiring on 10th Aug 2021. I got NOI from Ontario on July 27 2021. I am planning to submit my OINP application by 5th Aug 2021 by which date the IELTS will still be valid. Will this be okay? There are no dates till Sep 22 2021 or else I would have taken a fresh test before submission.

2) Have no ties to Ontario. Will this hinder my application in any way? How do I workaround this? Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.
You need to have a valid IELTS score, you should plan for more rewriting IELTS and simultaneously write a mail to oinp at the website mentioned explain your situation and understand from them, my friend had lost 5 points due to age after receiving and he wrote a mail to get confirmation from them.

Nikhil1824

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hey guys, I have a silly question which I'm hoping to get answers for:

Can you proactively apply for OINP even without receiving a NOI? I have an express entry profile (FSW-O) with a score of 466 and NOC code of 0213, but there is a lot of conflicting info on the immigration pages. Some say you absolutely need a NOI before application, but some say you can apply for a "nomination" - not sure which one is accurate.

Thank you!
For OINP-outland application you need not have to apply explicitly, just that in EE profile you should check Ontario as a province where you are interested to move, and oinp may pick your profile basis score and noc.

Reactions: akhil.sanjiva

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
So 1121 is your NOC code? If so, NOIs seem to be issued monthly. Check this out here:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

So the next one will probably be August.

There's no actual predictor really for which CRS scores will be selected but the range is pretty consistent, usually 467 tops. This is because if you have a score higher than this you'll probably get an invite for FSW anyway within EE. I'm sure they'll start re-inviting when the country reopens, maybe Sept or Oct this year.
As per the past trend, they conduct General draw once in 2 months and what happened in July was unexpected. It was supposed to be a tech draw right? So in that case, next general draw might be in Sep or Oct... Im not sure if this is how they work.

In case if they conduct general draw, will they again invite 1121? Does that mean there is huge demand in Ontario for this NOC ?

Jan 10, 2021
I have this query, it would be great if I could get your help.
In the CRS score calculator, my score is coming around 463 along with my spouse.
My NOC is 1121 human resource professional and currently, since march it is on the in-demand list of the OINP HCP Stream.
Since our score is not satisfactory I was thinking of coming to Canada as an international student and then later opting for a TR to PR pathway.
My concern is, can I create an express entry profile and simultaneously apply for a study permit while my profile is active in the express entry pool.
Will the EE application affect my study permit ? or should I put the study permit plan on hold and apply for EE first and wait for sometime to see if I get an NOI from OINP and after some months try for the study option if I don't get an NOI. (P.S. I haven't applied for any of the above EE / SP till now).

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
In the CRS score calculator, my score is coming around 463 along with my spouse.
My NOC is 1121 human resource professional and currently, since march it is on the in-demand list of the OINP HCP Stream.
Since our score is not satisfactory I was thinking of coming to Canada as an international student and then later opting for a TR to PR pathway.
My concern is, can I create an express entry profile and simultaneously apply for a study permit while my profile is active in the express entry pool.
Will the EE application affect my study permit ? or should I put the study permit plan on hold and apply for EE first and wait for sometime to see if I get an NOI from OINP and after some months try for the study option if I don't get an NOI. (P.S. I haven't applied for any of the above EE / SP till now).
With this score and NOC, why do you apply for student visa? If you created your profile before July 26th, you would have received invitation from Ontario by now as their last draw cut offs were between 453-467.

I would suggest to create EE immediately and as per latest trend, you will be getting your invitation in next general draw

Reactions: Nikhil1824

Nikhil1824

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
463 is a decent score to get nominated from oinp if your noc falls in the in demand category. Moreover I dont think so EE profile should have any bearing on your student visa, visa will primarily depend on the course you have applied diploma/degree and other factors like financial stability and links in India.