+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Point 1 I'd email them - you'll probably need to redo but check with OINP. If it's invalid hopefully they will allow you to redo within the same NOI. But you will need it as it's crucial for nomination, so check how OINP want you to manage it.

I only know about receiving a NOI via Human Capital stream, so I can't comment on your situation. I'd suggest researching OINP more, your NOI draw date will dictate which stream you're in. e.g mine was 27th July, I can see OINP did a Human Capital NOI selection on 27th July, so that's clearly the stream I'm in.

paramveerz

Aug 7, 2019
Gurgaon
Point 1 I'd email them - you'll probably need to redo but check with OINP. If it's invalid hopefully they will allow you to redo within the same NOI. But you will need it as it's crucial for nomination, so check how OINP want you to manage it.

I only know about receiving a NOI via Human Capital stream, so I can't comment on your situation. I'd suggest researching OINP more, your NOI draw date will dictate which stream you're in. e.g mine was 27th July, I can see OINP did a Human Capital NOI selection on 27th July, so that's clearly the stream I'm in.
great thanks so much. It really helps.
mine too was 27th July actually but got really confused. As you can se I'm pretty nervous here. But again, thank you so much.
I'll update here on their response so it helps others too.

DEELETTE

Aug 4, 2021

Reposting my queries here since nobody seems to be replying. Please do reply and help me out here.

1) My IELTS is expiring on 10th Aug 2021. I got NOI from Ontario on July 27 2021. I am planning to submit my OINP application by 5th Aug 2021 by which date the IELTS will still be valid. Will this be okay? There are no dates till Sep 22 2021 or else I would have taken a fresh test before submission.

2) Have no ties to Ontario. Will this hinder my application in any way? How do I workaround this? Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Reposting my queries here since nobody seems to be replying. Please do reply and help me out here.

1) My IELTS is expiring on 10th Aug 2021. I got NOI from Ontario on July 27 2021. I am planning to submit my OINP application by 5th Aug 2021 by which date the IELTS will still be valid. Will this be okay? There are no dates till Sep 22 2021 or else I would have taken a fresh test before submission.

2) Have no ties to Ontario. Will this hinder my application in any way? How do I workaround this? Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.
Will try and help with what knowledge I have. Your plan for IELTS with OINP seems sensible. You'll submit the doc before it expires so that should be fine. Unless they assess it after the expiry date - they may want to see an in date version at the point they assess...

Also after receiving OINP nomination, you'd still need to show IELTS for IRCC as part of your application for PR? So I think for this reason you'll need to do another IELTS. Email OINP in the first instance to check. Sorry if you have to redo, such a pain!

Ties to Ontario aren't compulsory for the programme I don't believe - but I would write a letter expressing why you want to reside in the province. Mine was based on previous travel to Toronto, as well as genuine interviews (remote) I've had for job roles in Toronto too, that I'm still awaiting an outcome for. I don't have any other ties. But it hopefully shows I'm serious about the province!

Reactions: DEELETTE

DEELETTE

Aug 4, 2021
Will try and help with what knowledge I have. Your plan for IELTS with OINP seems sensible. You'll submit the doc before it expires so that should be fine. Unless they assess it after the expiry date - they may want to see an in date version at the point they assess...

Also after receiving OINP nomination, you'd still need to show IELTS for IRCC as part of your application for PR? So I think for this reason you'll need to do another IELTS. Email OINP in the first instance to check. Sorry if you have to redo, such a pain!

Ties to Ontario aren't compulsory for the programme I don't believe - but I would write a letter expressing why you want to reside in the province. Mine was based on previous travel to Toronto, as well as genuine interviews (remote) I've had for job roles in Toronto too, that I'm still awaiting an outcome for. I don't have any other ties. But it hopefully shows I'm serious about the province!
Thank you! That was lucidly explained. I'll mail OINP as you suggested, however I really have no choice other than submitting without the re-test score as there are no dates for IELTS in my region till September 22 and the 45 day application period gets over by 10th september.

And yes, I know that for IRCC I'll have to retake the test. No escaping it! I just need to tide over this tricky situation with OINP, as without it I'll never be able to get to apply to IRCC (without the additional 600 points my CRS score doesn't stand a chance in the draw rounds)

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply. All the very best for the interview outcomes you are waiting on!!

Reactions: getmetocanada101

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
I submitted my profile on 24th July . My profile reached to assessment on 31st July. As of now no update. any idea?
They are moving fast it seems, but for now it's a waiting game. The entire process could take 90 days, so you could be stuck in one stage for weeks. I submitted 29th July and moved to assessment 01st August. Awaiting the move to Decision in Progress too.

SmartChap

Aug 5, 2021
HI Everyone,

A couple of questions: I got an interest on profile via OINP on my EE profile on 27th July within Human Capital stream.

1st question : Can i still make changes to my EE profile as i have not received ITA ? Will this anyway affect OINP profile which i am filling ?

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
HI Everyone,

A couple of questions: I got an interest on profile via OINP on my EE profile on 27th July within Human Capital stream.

1st question : Can i still make changes to my EE profile as i have not received ITA ? Will this anyway affect OINP profile which i am filling ?
Yes you can make changes on EE up to the point you accept ITA

Reactions: SmartChap

SmartChap

Aug 5, 2021
Depends what I guess - if you use common sense you should be fine. If you got NOI for a specific job code and changed that in EE that would mess up your nomination...
Thanks for the response. Obviously i am not gonna change the job code, but there is a change in marital status as i am getting divorced. So i need to change from married to separated in EE profile

gshin89

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
They are moving fast it seems, but for now it's a waiting game. The entire process could take 90 days, so you could be stuck in one stage for weeks. I submitted 29th July and moved to assessment 01st August. Awaiting the move to Decision in Progress too.
Nice, I submitted mine on 31st and still stuck on submitted..