+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Tagtee

Jun 8, 2019
Hi Raj,
Brilliant piece. I can only imagine the time and effort it took to put this together. It is appreciated.
I got my NOI on my CIC EE page May 31, 2019. I have already started the process of filling the OINP application online. However, I have one sticky point - "proof of funds". I have a family of four (including my spouse and two kids). But we do not have the requisite amount in our combined bank balance.
I am making alternative arrangements. But can I get a FD to supplement our current savings (and maybe donations from family and friends) to make up the required POF?
Will it be a problem if the funds are less than 2-3 months in my account?
If I am sending my application online, will I still need to submit a hard copy please?
Your urgent help will be greatly needed. Hope to hear from you soon.
Emmanuel

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Yes, Correct.

Try your best to get reference letters for employers (as per the requirements).

If you're not able to get it, mention it in your LOE with proper explanation.
Hi Nittin, I just wanted your help in clearing this up for me, Where exactly does it say 10 years of experience has to be shown, The Human capital scheme requires 5 years of which 1 must be constant, for FSW applicants, for CEC its 3. That is my understanding, Does the E-portal questionnaire have a different option? is it absolutely necessary to show 10 years of experience, especially since your profile is selected on the basis of EE profile.

jackan

Jun 10, 2019
Hi,

1) How should I declare semester break time?

If I study at a university from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2013, and the semester break is, for example, from 1 June to 30 June each year, do I need to declare the semester break time separately as vacations in the section "Other Activities (excluding education and paid work)"?

Can I simply declare the education history is from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2013 in the section "Education History" and ignore the semester break time?

2) I recently opened a bank account that has enough funding for Express Entry and OINP near the end of April. Therefore, at the moment, my bank statement does not have enough 3 months of activity. It has only more than 1 month of activity.

OINP requires the most bank statement that has 3 months of activity.

Will it cause any issue when I submit the bank statement for OINP?

Thank you very much! :D

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Nittin, I just wanted your help in clearing this up for me, Where exactly does it say 10 years of experience has to be shown, The Human capital scheme requires 5 years of which 1 must be constant, for FSW applicants, for CEC its 3. That is my understanding, Does the E-portal questionnaire have a different option? is it absolutely necessary to show 10 years of experience, especially since your profile is selected on the basis of EE profile.
OINP has clearly mentioned their requirements in EPortal that they need 10 years of all your experience (if applicable) under work history tab even if you’re not claiming any points for any experience.

Moroever, you’ve to list down all your other activities except education and work experience in ‘Other activities’ tab (any travel,unemployment, training etc)

Reactions: Sagar_nandal

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
OINP has clearly mentioned their requirements in EPortal that they need 10 years of all your experience (if applicable) under work history tab even if you’re not claiming any points for any experience.

Moroever, you’ve to list down all your other activities except education and work experience in ‘Other activities’ tab (any travel,unemployment, training etc)
Wow Thanks a ton man!, ok follow up. So I have 5 yrs of experience that I have listed in my EE and I have all the documents with it. Prior to that I worked with a NGo and apart from a Reference letter I dont have much. Should I still add that to my Work history? or should I add it to Other activities. Basically if you don't have a lot of proof for the previous job, should you add it to the list. Especially since I haven't added it to my EE profile.

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hi! I'm currently filling up OINP application. I'm confused if i should list all jobs under work history section of OINP. I have a job that I wont be claiming points for. I cant get a reference letter for this job and it was just 11 months work experience. It's also different from my primary NOC. I also didnt mention it when I created my EE profile. But in work history of OINP, it says list all jobs in the past 10 years. I'm confused if I should include it or not. Thanks!
Hey I am also in a similar situation, Don't have the documents for the last job and was wondering what to do. Did you add yours to the work history along with an LOE or di you add it to the Personal section. Did they contact you for more proof?

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
One more question guys, I was going through the thread and some people have said that if you are not claiming points for a job it should go into personal history and not Job history, is that true? also if you added it to your personal history do you still add it to your resume, knowing that you have no reference letters for it.

Finally I read on this thread that once you create a profile on OINP you have 14 days to complete it. What happens if you don't? Does your NOI get Cancelled? Should I withdraw my application from OINP and create one when I am ready with the documents? or do I have 45 days to submit all the documents. I Got my NOI on the 31st of May. It will take me atleast another 15 - 20 days to get all the documents ready.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Wow Thanks a ton man!, ok follow up. So I have 5 yrs of experience that I have listed in my EE and I have all the documents with it. Prior to that I worked with a NGo and apart from a Reference letter I dont have much. Should I still add that to my Work history? or should I add it to Other activities. Basically if you don't have a lot of proof for the previous job, should you add it to the list. Especially since I haven't added it to my EE profile.
If you were getting paid for your NGO job, then you would need to include it into the Work History tab (show relevant proofs - payslips, reference letter, ITRs, appointment letter).

If not, then include it into "Other activities" tab since it will be considered as voluntary activity for social cause (no need for any documents then).

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey I am also in a similar situation, Don't have the documents for the last job and was wondering what to do. Did you add yours to the work history along with an LOE or di you add it to the Personal section. Did they contact you for more proof?
Try to submit all your documents. If you've any missing document, it's always advisable to explain in LOE with relevant valid points.

Reactions: MQ12

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
Hello,

I kindly need your advice on the following:

The company I have worked for during my first 4 years of employment was acquired, twice! Ownership changed in 2014 and 2018 consecutively. I was employed from 2009 until 2013 and when I attempted to ask the new HR person for an employment reference letter for my period of employment, they have refused due to "legal repercussions" after the acquisitions. They also refuse to document their refusal in an email, it was done via phone. They also do not maintain any employee records prior to 2015.

I have a copy of my old contract and two promotion memos, as well as a copy of my resignation email, sent to the team internally. No payslips though...

How should I verify my employment? If I explain all of this in a LOE will this suffice?

Thanks

Mikebuddy

Dec 31, 2018
Please it true that they reject people who are from non IT jobs? I got the May 31 PT. I really need an answer to this.

MREZA1988

Feb 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,

If I have an uncle and aunt in Canad, Ontario, which pnp program would be an opportunity for me to apply?

Thanks in advance