+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

yatteer

May 3, 2018
Hello everyone.

Please I need advice on the passport requirement for OINP. My current passport is 18 months old. But my previous passport is lost. I only have a copy of the personal details page of the previous passport.

OINP requirement says I need to scan all pages of the previous passport.

What do I do?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello everyone.

Please I need advice on the passport requirement for OINP. My current passport is 18 months old. But my previous passport is lost. I only have a copy of the personal details page of the previous passport.

OINP requirement says I need to scan all pages of the previous passport.

What do I do?
Provide your personal details copy of your previous passport and mention in your LOE that you lost your passport and if possible, give them a proof that your passport is lost (submit FIR, or any other proof).

minimutiny

Dec 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

For the OINP, it states on the site that you need to show proof for all 10 years of work exp, but in my EE profile I've only claimed points for my current job that is more than 5 years. For the OINP do I still need to show 10 years of work exp proof?

Your help will be appreciated.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Guys,

For the OINP, it states on the site that you need to show proof for all 10 years of work exp, but in my EE profile I've only claimed points for my current job that is more than 5 years. For the OINP do I still need to show 10 years of work exp proof?

Your help will be appreciated.
Yes, you would need to show all your 10 years of experience even if you're not claiming points for few of your employment history.

You reference letters (for all 10 years of experience) should meet the requirements/instructions as mentioned in the "Work History" tab. It should include job duties and responsibilities along with the other required details (annual compensation, title, hours of work etc.).

minimutiny

Dec 13, 2018
Yes, you would need to show all your 10 years of experience even if you're not claiming points for few of your employment history.

You reference letters (for all 10 years of experience) should meet the requirements/instructions as mentioned in the "Work History" tab. It should include job duties and responsibilities along with the other required details (annual compensation, title, hours of work etc.).
Thanks this helps, so only in EE you have to show proof for the employer you claim points for.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Required Documents for OINP Application submission:

PRIMARY APPLICANT DOCUMENTS:

1. Notification of Interest from Ontario (mandatory)

Provide a copy (or print screen) of your Notification of Interest letter from Ontario that was sent to you through your online account with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Note: Please ensure that you capture the date that the NOI was sent to your account.

2. Photograph (mandatory)
Provide a copy of a photograph of yourself that meets passport or visa requirements.
Note: Photographs that are not clear or are of low quality will not be accepted.

3. Passport (mandatory)
Provide a copy of your entire valid passport: All pages

4. Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)
Provide copies of all past and current status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Documents may include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document.
If you are currently in implied status, provide a copy of the letter from IRCC acknowledging receipt of your application to extend your status, the IRCC fee receipt and/or post office mailing receipt (if applicable).

5. Education (mandatory)
ECA Report, Degree and Transcripts

6. Language Tests (mandatory)
IELTS Report

7. Résumé (mandatory)
A copy of your current résumé listing your current and past work experience, as well as your educational history. Your résumé should detail your duties and responsibilities for each position held.

8. Work History
Provide the supporting documents for all periods of work (foreign and Canadian) stated in your application

9. Settlement Funds (mandatory)
Balance Confirmation Letter, Last 6 months bank statement, FD (if any)

10. Intention to Reside in Ontario (optional)
Provide additional information on your established ties in Ontario and/or further documents to demonstrate your intention to reside in Ontario.

11. Other (Optional)
Any supplemental documents or explanatory letters that provide clarification or additional information to support your application.

SPOUSE DOCUMENT:

1. Your Family Member's Passports (mandatory, if applicable)

Provide a copy of the personal details page from the passport of each dependent family member.
Your dependent family members include your spouse or common-law partner and your children who are less than 22 years of age, including their children.

2. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Status Documents issued by IRCC or CBSA (mandatory, if applicable)

Provide copies of all status documents issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to your spouse or common-law partner. Documents may include work permits, study permits, temporary resident visas, and/or any other Canadian immigration document.

3. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Work Experience in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

4. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Education in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

5. Your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's Language Tests (mandatory, if applicable)

IELTS Report

6. Relatives in Canada (mandatory, if applicable)

7. Other (if applicable)

Any supplemental documents or explanatory letters that provide clarification or additional information to support your application.

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
Well No, It wasn't in a pdf format or anything, It just says OINP MAYBE interested in you, I guess I have to create a profile with them and all now.
yes doing the same thing

wonderfully

Jun 7, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a question about the family member section.
My common-law partner and I are living in Ontario, and I do not need to provide any financial support for him.
In my EE file, I select the option that he will accompany to Canada, so I am wondering in ONIP, he is a dependent family member or not.

Thanks!

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018

Hi 13nitinsharma, does this requirement apply to Express Entry HCP or the paper-based streams? Do you know if this requirement is mentioned anywhere in Ontario website? I'm not sure but personally think that for EE streams, if we don't claim points, we are not required to show proof.

UPDATED:

I've found 2 threads on this website about this. Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like if you don't want to (or you can't) claim points for any experience, don't list it under Work History. Optionally you can list it under Personal History.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/experience-letter-for-jobs-point-not-claimed.554854/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/personal-history-vs-work-history.562664/

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi 13nitinsharma, does this requirement apply to Express Entry HCP or the paper-based streams? Do you know if this requirement is mentioned anywhere in Ontario website? I'm not sure but personally think that for EE streams, if we don't claim points, we are not required to show proof.

UPDATED:

I've found 2 threads on this website about this. Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like if you don't want to (or you can't) claim points for any experience, don't list it under Work History. Optionally you can list it under Personal History.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/experience-letter-for-jobs-point-not-claimed.554854/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/personal-history-vs-work-history.562664/
This requirement is for ONTARIO HCP not for Express Entry.

Under HCP program, When you receive NOI from Ontario, you create your profile and fill the application form online. In the application form, they have asked to fill last 10 years of all work experience.

For Express Entry, you can mention work experience only for which you’re claiming points.