+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hi

May I know if LIMA means those jobs posted on the jobbank website ?
I think you should read LMIA 101 ( your question seems to came from someone who didn't even bother to search and read).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/temporary/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment.html#do_you_nedd_LMIA

In general: 1) no one (no employer) will issue you an LMIA if you're located overseas. 2) Job bank is also, mostly useless (just do a quick search by yourself to learn why jobbank website is useless for EE applicants). Take both of these facts combined, and you should know the answer.

Last edited:

Acff

Aug 30, 2018
Yes, EE will ask SEVERAL questions, and each question has its own field to select an answer from. So .....LMIA question field is different than the job offer question field, job location, age and so on... This means that the EE system can actually categories candidate based on several and many many ways: For example: selected candidates based on 1) french language test level, 2) job offer, 3) job offer but in British Columbia, 4) LMIA job offer in Alberta, 5) job offer and female and younger than 27 years old, .............etc. This is how Ontario will select you, they will search for people who are in the pool who have a job offer IN Ontario (so they'll use 2 parameters here, location & job offer marked as "Yes"). This will bring OINP to you!

EE requires LMIA if you want to be invited directly from EE using an LMIA supported job offer, (BUT even with that... this LMIA arrangement will only grant you 50-200 points max). source: https://www.canadavisa.com/labour-market-impact-assessment-for-express-entry.html

However, when you have a NOI, and later, a nomination certificate from a province (after you're done with all OINP paper work), you will be granted straight 600 points. You still need to upload this certificate to your EE profile to be eligible for the 600 points bonus. Once you do so, this means you will be eligible for ITA the nearest EE round of invitation. After ITA from EE, it shouldn't take you more than 6 months, so all in all is roughly 12 months.
Thanks Lindt!

october9

Nov 17, 2015
Hi,
Could you anyone who applied through OINP-HCP can answer my questions below?

I am going to request my current employer (in Ontario) about current job related documents.
1. Job Offer
-> I received a job offer via email when I was passed an interview. But it did not have signature from Employer.
Is it okay to submit? Or should I ask HR for asking to write a job offer they require?

2. Work Contracts
-> Our company did not ask me to sign on a contact form. I did it online through the company system because it is a global company.
In this case, should I ask HR to make a contract form? Or can I replace it with employment reference letter?
I do not believe all people keep their contact document forever.

Thanks!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
No, you cannot send them the soft copy! You need the hard copy. Applicants who have sent soft copies in the past have had their applications returned!
Hi raj,
I'm not a PNP applicant, but I stumbled on your answer to someone who asked about submitting a soft copy ECA report.
Has anyone really been rejected for uploading the soft copy ECA report rather than a scanned hard copy report in their PR application? I submitted my application almost 2 months ago using the soft copy ECA report from WES because the hard copy report was lost in transit and I still haven't received it till date.
I'll appreciate a response, because now I'm getting worried since seeing that comment

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Hi raj,
I'm not a PNP applicant, but I stumbled on your answer to someone who asked about submitting a soft copy ECA report.
Has anyone really been rejected for uploading the soft copy ECA report rather than a scanned hard copy report in their PR application? I submitted my application almost 2 months ago using the soft copy ECA report from WES because the hard copy report was lost in transit and I still haven't received it till date.
I'll appreciate a response, because now I'm getting worried since seeing that comment
you can always order another copy from WES right?

Ruchi@24

Aug 2, 2018
Hi,

Please reply :
I have created an express entry profile on 3rd September, 2018.
My score is 418
IELTS score is 8 : L: 8.5 R:8 W: 8 S:8
Work exp 10+ in India
NOC code0013
Don't have any Canadian work experience.
Don't have any job offer from Canada.
Have done MBA from NMIMS Mumbai. But Wes equivalent as a postgraduate diploma for one year, so I have lost my seven points there. Can I expect NoI from Ontario.
Thanks

pritamjena

Jul 12, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

Please reply :
I have created an express entry profile on 3rd September, 2018.
My score is 418
IELTS score is 8 : L: 8.5 R:8 W: 8 S:8
Work exp 10+ in India
NOC code0013
Don't have any Canadian work experience.
Don't have any job offer from Canada.
Have done MBA from NMIMS Mumbai. But Wes equivalent as a postgraduate diploma for one year, so I have lost my seven points there. Can I expect NoI from Ontario.
Thanks
Hi,
I think we need to see if there are any offers for HCP today.
As far as your MBA from NMIMS is concerned, is it a 1yr or a 2yr course that you got your degree for which was evaluated as postgraduate diploma for one year.
I have seen some other threads where in sending NAAC credentials to WES evaluates it to Masters, but you would need to check.