+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Yes thank you :) I am not sure if I want to go for IELTS again since it took me 3 attempts to get this score. I thought I was finally done with IELTS but guess need to go for it again :(
Yes, go for it ...... Remember Birthday is on the way :p

My wife is primary and got CLB9 in first attempt but trying for CLB10, attempted 2nd time but CLB9 again now gonna try 3rd time next month for CLB10 :rolleyes::oops:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes, go for it ...... Remember Birthday is on the way :p

My wife is primary and got CLB9 in first attempt but trying for CLB10, attempted 2nd time but CLB9 again now gonna try 3rd time next month for CLB10 :rolleyes::oops:
I really applaud your wife's perseverance :D

Acff

Aug 30, 2018
No, HCP Ontario nomination doesn't require LMIA (I'm 100% sure of this information). It's a different category that requires LMIA (which EE direct ITA, that will give you the 50-200 points for EE).

However, HCP Ontario job offer requirement is simple. And the Ontario nomination will give you 600 points.
As long as it's a job within A, B, or 0 classification and your employment offer is valid, you're alright! Go ahead and have fun with the post-nomination process.
Hi,
I have a question:
I have a job offer in Ontario for more than a year in NOC 0213 - No LMIA approved.

When you mentioned ; " No, HCP Ontario nomination doesn't require LMIA(I'm 100% sure of this information)" , it means we can fill out EE application with YES for Job offer and NO for LMIA and I am good? Even with Open work permit? Are you sure?

Another point: - Even if OINP doesn't ask for LMIA, after we got NOI and 600 points, do we need to apply through EE, right?
In this situation CIC (EE) won't ask us about LMIA, if we answered YES in job offer?

Sunny0014

Aug 1, 2018
I think next draw will be our last hope for this year for HCP (without a job), as only 1054 NOIs are remaining.
fingers are crossed now.

Gursanj

Aug 31, 2018
Hi. I am Doctor by profession. My CRS score is 423.I updated my application on 16 August after my ielts. What are my chances of PNP Ontario.

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hi,
I have a question:
I have a job offer in Ontario for more than a year in NOC 0213 - No LMIA approved.

When you mentioned ; " No, HCP Ontario nomination doesn't require LMIA(I'm 100% sure of this information)" , it means we can fill out EE application with YES for Job offer and NO for LMIA and I am good? Even with Open work permit? Are you sure?

Another point: - Even if OINP doesn't ask for LMIA, after we got NOI and 600 points, do we need to apply through EE, right?
In this situation CIC (EE) won't ask us about LMIA, if we answered YES in job offer?
- Yes I am 100% sure you'll receive a NOI IF you currently employed or have a job offer by/form an Ontario employer; so even if it's not LMIA supported you're good. Once you fill in the EE profile, it's gonna ask you several questions related to the job itself (ie location, start date, end date, level, etc). Section " Intended work in Canada" will ask you if you have a job offer, answer "Yes" and it will show up a new window asking for further fields including (start/end, location, job title, level, LMIA or not.. etc).

- Yes, after you finish with OINP (which takes 4-6 months anyways!) you'll be eligible for the additional 600 points (only then you'll receive ITA from EE). Long process compared to direct ITA from EE, however, some people cannot (or will not) fulfil the 440+ points CRS so NOI from provinces is their only choice. OINP Steps are outlined here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: SumH12 and Acff

Acff

Aug 30, 2018
- Yes I am 100% sure you'll receive a NOI IF you currently employed or have a job offer by/form an Ontario employer; so even if it's not LMIA supported you're good. Once you fill in the EE profile, it's gonna ask you several questions related to the job itself (ie location, start date, end date, level, etc). Section " Intended work in Canada" will ask you if you have a job offer, answer "Yes" and it will show up a new window asking for further fields including (start/end, location, job title, level, LMIA or not.. etc).

- Yes, after you finish with OINP (which takes 4-6 months anyways!) you'll be eligible for the additional 600 points (only then you'll receive ITA from EE). Long process compared to direct ITA from EE, however, some people cannot (or will not) fulfil the 440+ points CRS so NOI from provinces is their only choice. OINP Steps are outlined here: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

Hope this helps!
Thanks Lindt.
Yes, it is a long process for sure, but for low CRS points applicants, it's the only choice.
Based on your answer, what you are saying is that EE won't ask for LMIA (or LMIA exemption) eventually, I mean when we apply for PR through EE (after ITA). Cause, I though that Job offer (in EE profile) was "linked" some how with LMIA or LMIA Exemption.

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Thanks Lindt.
Yes, it is a long process for sure, but for low CRS points applicants, it's the only choice.
Based on your answer, what you are saying is that EE won't ask for LMIA (or LMIA exemption) eventually, I mean when we apply for PR through EE (after ITA). Cause, I though that Job offer (in EE profile) was "linked" some how with LMIA or LMIA Exemption.
Yes, EE will ask SEVERAL questions, and each question has its own field to select an answer from. So .....LMIA question field is different than the job offer question field, job location, age and so on... This means that the EE system can actually categories candidate based on several and many many ways: For example: selected candidates based on 1) french language test level, 2) job offer, 3) job offer but in British Columbia, 4) LMIA job offer in Alberta, 5) job offer and female and younger than 27 years old, .............etc. This is how Ontario will select you, they will search for people who are in the pool who have a job offer IN Ontario (so they'll use 2 parameters here, location & job offer marked as "Yes"). This will bring OINP to you!

EE requires LMIA if you want to be invited directly from EE using an LMIA supported job offer, (BUT even with that... this LMIA arrangement will only grant you 50-200 points max). source: https://www.canadavisa.com/labour-market-impact-assessment-for-express-entry.html

However, when you have a NOI, and later, a nomination certificate from a province (after you're done with all OINP paper work), you will be granted straight 600 points. You still need to upload this certificate to your EE profile to be eligible for the 600 points bonus. Once you do so, this means you will be eligible for ITA the nearest EE round of invitation. After ITA from EE, it shouldn't take you more than 6 months, so all in all is roughly 12 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acff and Saumya1993

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018

Hope this helps!
Hi

May I know if LIMA means those jobs posted on the jobbank website ?