+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

perpetualROH

Feb 21, 2018
Congratulations on getting NOI...
I have CRS score of 432. My NOC is 2174, and I have any experience of 4+ years. I am hoping for NOI, just wanted to clarify one thing, does the number of experience matter for NOI? How many years of experience you have?
The Ontario OINP FAQ does mention that experience is a factor in the decision. I have 6+ years of experience.

varsim91

Mar 4, 2018
The Ontario OINP FAQ does mention that experience is a factor in the decision. I have 6+ years of experience.
One more thing, I am a software developer, mainly in automation, and I am confused whether my NOC is 2173 or 2174. I feel like, NOC 2174 is the correct one for me. What is the main difference between these two that made you change from 2173 to 2174?

Reactions: ihsamkhan

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Dear experts @BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22

Would appreciate your advice on my question below:

I have received NOI of Ontario and my current score is 441. I now want to add my spouse as accompanying which will reduce my score to 415. Though it is above 400, I notice that the published score range of this round of invitation was 435-441.

So: 435 > my new score 415 if adding spouse > 400 minimum. In this case, am I still eligible to continue my application for OINP if I add my spouse? I am not sure whether I should refer to "score range" or "400 minimum" to decide my eligibility if making such change.

Many thanks!
No issues. You'll still obey OINP's basic rule (CRS 400 or above). As long as you comply to this rule and remain FSW eligible (67+ of 100), you're good.

Remember that unlike IRCC, your CRS was a parameter to have received a NOI, not for eligibility altogether. Make a quick LOE explaining the marriage and you should be fine.

I have a buddy in a similar situation.

dkchaitanya

May 12, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My spouse is the primary applicant and we have received the nomination from Ontario.
But my IELTS for general module is expiring in April 30 2018.
We are still waiting for the ITA and should I write IELTS exam once again or it doesnt matter if it is expired?
Will it affect my visa process if my ielts score is expired?

Thanks,
Chaitanya

thecluo

Mar 2, 2018
No issues. You'll still obey OINP's basic rule (CRS 400 or above). As long as you comply to this rule and remain FSW eligible (67+ of 100), you're good.

Remember that unlike IRCC, your CRS was a parameter to have received a NOI, not for eligibility altogether. Make a quick LOE explaining the marriage and you should be fine.

I have a buddy in a similar situation.
Thanks for sharing joaojr123! This is encouraging. May I also know:

(1) Did your buddy eventually succeed in his application with wife included?
(2) I got married a month before receiving NOI. Did your buddy get married before or after NOI? Hopefully getting married BEFORE instead of AFTER NOI won't have adverse impact on my chance.

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017

(2) I got married a month before receiving NOI. Did your buddy get married before or after NOI? Hopefully getting married BEFORE instead of AFTER NOI won't have adverse impact on my chance.
1. I don't know. Haven't heard from him since last month. He received NOI but was still deciding whether he'd apply or not (marriage wasn't exactly the issue, but the expectation of a direct ITA). But even if he applied, he's probably still in queue for processing - OINP is still processing november 2017 applications.

2. After NOI. He got NOI last month and will marry late this month.

Zen_1987

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Navsari
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

My spouse is the primary applicant and we have received the nomination from Ontario.
But my IELTS for general module is expiring in April 30 2018.
We are still waiting for the ITA and should I write IELTS exam once again or it doesnt matter if it is expired?
Will it affect my visa process if my ielts score is expired?

Thanks,
Chaitanya
HI Chaitanya,

If you get the nomination before your IELTS expires, I still suggest you to take the IELTS exam again and try to get as maximum as you can.
As per my knowledge, you should have a valid IELTS till you get the PR.

All the best :)

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019

You should've updated your profile before getting an NOI.

Aug 4, 2017
Hi All,

My partner and I submitted our application on 15 November 2017 and it is currently in Decision in Progress stage. Our CRS is 415.

We received an ADR on 1 March 2018 asking for various documents. One of the things being requested is proof that the main applicant has the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree. We both had our credentials assessed by WES and the main applicants education is the equivalent of a Diploma (three years). I am aware that Ontario requires a degree as a minimum however is there any way, if our score is above 67 (we have relatives in Canada which will help the score), that we would still be nominated?

Please help!

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi,

I have a crs score of 435. My profile was submitted on 30th December 2017. I haven't received the NOI from Ontario though I have met the cutoff. Is it because my profile was created in 2017 ?

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi

Please help if anyone in a similar situation.
I am not able to get my birth certificate as it’s lost and it’s a mandatory requirement for Ontario PNP. Will any other documents work?

Effer

Aug 1, 2017
Hi

I am not able to get my birth certificate as it’s lost and it’s a mandatory requirement for Ontario PNP. Will any other documents work?
Yes it is very important . Please get a birth certificate

Reactions: harneetk

Effer

Aug 1, 2017
I got this email "As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive."
Does this mean I can start distributing sweets or should I wait for passport stamping ?

avlesk

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi

Not an answer to your primary question. However, I am just producing the process to get it in India.

Not sure which country you are from. For India, you can get a letter from your doctor (who delivered you as a baby) and submit it to your municipal corporation. Birth records in India are getting uploaded to the govt database over the last two decades. If the municipal corporation cannot find your record based on your doctor's affidavit, you can find a lawyer who will file a case in the court and the judge will instruct the corporation to search and confirm your records. The corporation will reply that they cannot find it. After receiving that response, the judge will order your corporation to issue a new one based on the doctor's affidavit. I went through this 10 years ago. The turnaround time is faster and if you request the honorable judge politely justifying your urgency for employment or education, he will ask the corporation to respond within 10 days.