+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Does it mean by bank balance should be at least 24000 CAD or INR 12 Lacs right from the time I apply for OINP?
The total should be more than the required minimum for the number of family members included in your application. Whether you have INR or CAD, they can convert and total up. Make sure to keep some buffer as the conversion rate may move a little up or down. Although I hope they would be a little considerate of minor ups/down. But, why take a chance. Yes, and at the time you submit for OINP.

Reactions: ihsamkhan

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
The total should be more than the required minimum for the number of family members included in your application. Whether you have INR or CAD, they can convert and total up. Make sure to keep some buffer as the conversion rate may move a little up or down. Although I hope they would be a little considerate of minor ups/down. But, why take a chance. Yes, and at the time you submit for OINP.
Got it. I was earlier in the opinion that I need to show this balance when I apply for PR ie after the receipt of ITA. Now it is clear. How long I have to keep this money in my bank account? Is it OK I can reduce it after I get my PR or do I have to keep balance for certain no of months after getting the PR

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Got it. I was earlier in the opinion that I need to show this balance when I apply for PR ie after the receipt of ITA. Now it is clear. How long I have to keep this money in my bank account? Is it OK I can reduce it after I get my PR or do I have to keep balance for certain no of months after getting the PR
6 months of bank statements should suffice. Keep the balance at least until you complete landing and become a PR. After that, no one would bother.

divyanshohr

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Yes, you should recreate your profile if you are interested in receiving Ontario NOI. You need to withdraw your old application and put in the same details all over again (new application, same EE profile). Negative effect could be in terms of tie-breaking rule if and when CRS drops to 432 but I don't think you should worry about that too much. I recreated my profile at CRS 436.
Thanks Sandy for your reply. Just one more thing, when I withdraw my application do they ask for particular reason why am I withdrawing my application? Also when I reapply for application on same profile will they ask if I have created application before? sorry for stupid question..

RohitSingh

Mar 2, 2018
Hi All

I Got NOI from Ontario on 26 Jan 2018 and i submitted my profile on 30 Jan 2018 under skilled trade.

Its been a month now and status is still showing "submitted". I just want to know if there is anyone who got NOI in 2018 and got AOR ? or do you if they have started processing the files ?

unli2020

Feb 5, 2018
Yes, you should recreate your profile if you are interested in receiving Ontario NOI. You need to withdraw your old application and put in the same details all over again (new application, same EE profile). Negative effect could be in terms of tie-breaking rule if and when CRS drops to 432 but I don't think you should worry about that too much. I recreated my profile at CRS 436.
/
Have you received an invite after re-creating your profile?

Reactions: DreamBig18

Aryan7

Mar 2, 2018
Hello guys,

CRS: 365 (NOC 2133)
EE profile created: 23rd June 2017
NOI Received: 29th June 2017
Application submitted: 6th November (missed July submission)
Assessment: 12th December
DIP: 12th Jan 2018
PFL: 12th Feb 2018 (30 days time to reply)
Status now: Awaiting information
I have send the requested PFL documents on 13 Feb at the same email but didn’t receive any acknowledgment . I called them and they told me to send the PFL documents to Ontario-nominee as well, which I did and receive confirmation from them. The status is same till date “Awaiting Information”. :)
Can any one give some advise or have similar things. :cool:

Hardit singh

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Hi,
IMO, the conviction whether to go for it or not is solely yours. Some have said, "Don't accept OINP, scores would surely go down". I agree that it would go down, but when? Do you loose points due to age while you wait? How long would you have to wait before getting direct ITA? The influx of people into the pool has increased and am sure even IRCC did not plan for that. It's not just about IRCC bringing the score down, but the rate at which people with high scores are entering the pool will indeed affect the cut-off mark. I read somewhere online that people with H1B visa are leaving the united states for Canada, due to the uncertainty of H1B and of course that would mean many more people entering the stream.

For me, I received NOI on 05 Feb 2018 and lost points due to age on 16 Feb, so my score dropped from 437 to 432. I waited for a few draws and when I saw it wasn't coming down and certainly can't predict when it would come down, I decided to go for OINP. To me, all that I am sacrificing is CAD$1,500. And to be honest, if I get what I want, the cost wouldn't matter at all. Let's be honest, so many of us will pay much than that were it possible to pay directly for PR. With regards to time, I know OINP has longer processing time but either way, I'll still have to wait for Direct ITA and I don't know how long I'll have to wait for that. But one thing I am certain of is that, I am no longer tensed waiting for the scores to drop.

Take time and think your options through and decide on the best course of action.
Sir i totally agree with you.
Me and my wife are 27yrs old. Points deduction is not the case with. I m worrying about the fact that whether crs will.come to 439 in recent time or not.

thecluo

Mar 2, 2018
Dear experts @BillHyatt @legalfalcon @CooperStation22

Would appreciate your advice on my question below:

I have received NOI of Ontario and my current score is 441. I now want to add my spouse as accompanying which will reduce my score to 415. Though it is above 400, I notice that the published score range of this round of invitation was 435-441.

So: 435 > my new score 415 if adding spouse > 400 minimum. In this case, am I still eligible to continue my application for OINP if I add my spouse? I am not sure whether I should refer to "score range" or "400 minimum" to decide my eligibility if making such change.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

varsim91

Mar 4, 2018
Hey Guys,

I created my express entry profile with NOC 2173 and got a NOI from Ontario. Now, 2174 seems like a better description for my job profile. Can I modify my NOC code now in both profiles?
If I update my express entry profile with a new NOC with I have to withdraw my profile first?
Please Help!!!
Congratulations on getting NOI...
I have CRS score of 432. My NOC is 2174, and I have any experience of 4+ years. I am hoping for NOI, just wanted to clarify one thing, does the number of experience matter for NOI? How many years of experience you have?