+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Shyam48

Star Member
May 6, 2017
Happy weekend to everybody, I am in the midst of gathering my documents and while reading the application guide I read that we need to provide my work experience in the past ten years. I was studying and working part time at that moment and I didn't gain any points for it. Please I will happy if someone can shed light on this matter and regarding the proof of funds is it advisable to submit bank statement or bank letter?
Minimum one year of paid work experience is required to get your express entry profile created. In nutshell. you will require 1560 hours of paid work. How did you created an express entry without this?

Refer following link for more details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

-Shyam

ade_kun

Jan 16, 2016
Minimum one year of paid work experience is required to get your express entry profile created. In nutshell. you will require 1560 hours of paid work. How did you created an express entry without this?

Refer following link for more details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

-Shyam
Thanks Shyam for the answer, perhaps I did not make myself clear enough. Let me rephrase the question. So I meet the one year minimum work experience requirement. However I have read that I would need to provide a ten year history of my work life.
This is my scenario, I worked for company A for eight months and company B for 1year and this is still on going. My question is that do I need to get a reference letter from company A? The reason why I am asking this question is that it states on the OINP application guide that we should provide a list all of the paid work experience in the last ten years. Remember I don't get points for the eight months job that I did with company A.

Marius J

Jun 20, 2017
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I submitted my application on 21 June. On 23 June I got an email from OINP that requests me to send bank statement from Dec 2016 to May 2017 with proof of funds. I have the funds, but only since 22 May because when I got NOI, I immediately sold my apartment that I had bought a year ago as an investment. In the application, I submitted an explanation letter, proof of sell and bank statement with the money that I received on 22 May, when the sale was done and I also submitted screen shot of the ads I posted online with the selling.

I have the feeling they didn't see the documents. Because they would explain the situation very good.
please advise what should I do in this case? should I send the again the documents that explain why I don't have the bank statement from 6 months back? Would it be a good idea to also include a notarized affidavit explaining the hole story?

Do you think that my situation could get me rejected?

Thank you!

Jepheke

Jun 13, 2017
Can i answer yes to the below question if my Cousin sister who is married and she is a canadian citizen whoms maiden name is my last name?

10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my application on 21 June. On 23 June I got an email from OINP that requests me to send bank statement from Dec 2016 to May 2017 with proof of funds. I have the funds, but only since 22 May because when I got NOI, I immediately sold my apartment that I had bought a year ago as an investment. In the application, I submitted an explanation letter, proof of sell and bank statement with the money that I received on 22 May, when the sale was done and I also submitted screen shot of the ads I posted online with the selling.

I have the feeling they didn't see the documents. Because they would explain the situation very good.
please advise what should I do in this case? should I send the again the documents that explain why I don't have the bank statement from 6 months back? Would it be a good idea to also include a notarized affidavit explaining the hole story?

Do you think that my situation could get me rejected?

Thank you!

Hi Marius J,

They require 6 months bank statement whether the funds have been in the account for a day or from the start. I would suggest you get the last 6 months bank statement since the latest one will show the funds that you have which is their requirement.

Also if possible get a letter from the bank which says that the bank account belongs to you and at the end of 31-May-2017 you have how much funds in your account.

I hope this will suffice.

All the best.

Marius J

Jun 20, 2017
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Marius J,

They require 6 months bank statement whether the funds have been in the account for a day or from the start. I would suggest you get the last 6 months bank statement since the latest one will show the funds that you have which is their requirement.

Also if possible get a letter from the bank which says that the bank account belongs to you and at the end of 31-May-2017 you have how much funds in your account.

I hope this will suffice.

All the best.
Thank you harmit214!

Thing is, I only opened the account in April, specially for this transaction.
Maybe the bank could also mention this in a letter...
I really hope this issue doesn't affect my chances!

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Thank you harmit214!

Thing is, I only opened the account in April, specially for this transaction.
Maybe the bank could also mention this in a letter...
I really hope this issue doesn't affect my chances!

Hi Marius J,

They've highlighted in bold in their guide that applicants have to present 6 months of bank statements.

I would suggest you move the funds to another account which is more than 6 months old if possible then take statements and show OINP your funds.

All the best.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
According to OINP guide, "You will be required to upload a copy of your NOI with your application. If this letter is not included, your application will be deemed incomplete"

How we can we upload copy NOI, should we copy paste the NOI because it is not a pdf file in CIC account to be saved? Please guide!

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
According to OINP guide, "You will be required to upload a copy of your NOI with your application. If this letter is not included, your application will be deemed incomplete"

How we can we upload copy NOI, should we copy paste the NOI because it is not a pdf file in CIC account to be saved? Please guide!

Hi,

Yes, you need to copy paste the NOI and make sure the name and date is also seen.

Easy thing is to copy n paste in Google docs and then save as pdf.

Alternatively copy paste in word then convert to pdf online

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi team,

I submitted my OINP application yesterday and surprisingly I did not receive AOR.
I have applied for PR through express entry last year but I withdraw the application. When I applied for PR, I received AOR within few minutes.
Here, with OINP case looks somewhat different.

Any idea how much time it takes to received AOR?

Shyam48

Star Member
May 6, 2017
Thanks Shyam for the answer, perhaps I did not make myself clear enough. Let me rephrase the question. So I meet the one year minimum work experience requirement. However I have read that I would need to provide a ten year history of my work life.
This is my scenario, I worked for company A for eight months and company B for 1year and this is still on going. My question is that do I need to get a reference letter from company A? The reason why I am asking this question is that it states on the OINP application guide that we should provide a list all of the paid work experience in the last ten years. Remember I don't get points for the eight months job that I did with company A.
You are not getting any points for 8 months of service, then why are you including that in your profile. That will increase you paperwork and will also put immigration officer in confusion. If you are filling information of service A in express entry, then you will have to provide all its documents. Immigration officer will start comparing both the jobs, are they falling in same NOC Code, all all its documents. Why to give extra work to immigration officer when you are not going to gain anything out of it?

Shyam48

Star Member
May 6, 2017
Hi team,

I submitted my OINP application yesterday and surprisingly I did not receive AOR.
I have applied for PR through express entry last year but I withdraw the application. When I applied for PR, I received AOR within few minutes.
Here, with OINP case looks somewhat different.

Any idea how much time it takes to received AOR?
AOR comes with a mail in maximum 5 minutes. You can contact Ontario with your file number and ask for confirmation.

I am bit confused on what you are writing "I have applied for PR through express entry last year but I withdraw the application. When I applied for PR, I received AOR within few minutes." .

How can you apply for Ontario when you have withdraw the express entry application??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mrnassaro

Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only be rejected for not providing the required documents otherwise you will get your nomination but it can be delayed due to some reasons including NOC (due to priority).
Thank you Bill. I have a list of questions after I have seen the full guide and review my docs, and would love to have your input:

1- I have applied for tourist visa before and got rejected. Should I include it in the additional activities as immigration information?
2- Should I claim my MSc even ECA is not done yet?
3- I have done multiple paid internships. however, they were for a couple of months each and not in Noc 0, A or B - Should I include this? ( I have no gaps between employment)
4- What kind of other activities should I include? I Have traveled many times by for tourism as part of my paid leave.
5- If the 14 days expired before submitting the docs. Can I recreate another profile and submit all the docs?
6- Should the work Ref. letter be notarized if it is signed by the direct supervisor? and from where should it be notarized?