+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Re: OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Bank balance for CEC applicant

Hello Raj and All,

OINP is asking me to send the 6 months of bank statements with my name and bank balance on the top.
when i applied tp OINP, i mentioned as i have 15K CAD to support myself, however i believe 12K is kind of fine to have for OINP.
so now when i send them bank statements should i make sure i have 15K or 12K is fine. ( becuase currently i have 12K only, but i can arrange them from anywhere if needed)

However, i think i read some where as if an applicant applying under CEC class to OINP, they don't need to show any money in their accounts,
since we regularly get the pay cheque deposited into my account from employer. plz kindly suggest your opinion on this.

Thanks & Regards

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Nreddy said:
Hello Raj and All,

OINP is asking me to send the 6 months of bank statements with my name and bank balance on the top.
when i applied tp OINP, i mentioned as i have 15K CAD to support myself, however i believe 12K is kind of fine to have for OINP.
so now when i send them bank statements should i make sure i have 15K or 12K is fine. ( becuase currently i have 12K only, but i can arrange them from anywhere if needed)

However, i think i read some where as if an applicant applying under CEC class to OINP, they don't need to show any money in their accounts,
since we regularly get the pay cheque deposited into my account from employer. plz kindly suggest your opinion on this.

Thanks & Regards
You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
As far as OINP is concerned, your age is locked the day you receive your PT NOI. Getting older after that will not affect your application.
This info was unknown to me. +1 for this Raj. (dont know how to post it though).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nreddy said:
Hello Raj and All,

Thanks & Regards
I believe you should have at least 12164 CAD for a single applicant. Having 12,164 CAD will will suffice.

I believe that rule applies when you are submitting your e-APR. However, when you have submitted an application to OINP, you MUST show funds if you are not currently working in Ontario.

Income in Ontario

If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario or a valid job offer in Ontario (note that you must be able to legally work in Ontario). See Section 3.1 for required documents.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi Raj & ALL,

I have below queries, for which I require your guidance.

Ques 1: I have received nomination on 29-sept-16 and have completed Medicals on 9-Nov-16 and need to pay $2230/- as PR fees (Primary Applicant + 2) ? Can I pay the same from Debit card instead of Credit Card?

Answer:

Ques 2: I am trying to pay the fees, but there is technical error "Our Site is Down" from last 3 days? I have raised technical query, and yet to receive the reply from MY CIC? Is anyone else facing problem to pay PR + RPRF Fees through MY CIC?

Asnwer:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
rajkamalmohanram said:
As far as OINP is concerned, your age is locked the day you receive your PT NOI. Getting older after that will not affect your application.
Hi Tan & Raj, and ALL!!

Thanks, however upon reading up OINP guide and CIC/EE system info again, age/age points are locked in @ ITA stage if we talk country / federal level draws/PR process, but for Ontario - one needs to maintain 400 for longer.

A - Federal govt/country intake - there's a clear relaxation wrt age (if age increase is the ONLY item causing points reduction) such that after receiving an ITA, age increase will not adversely impact points. Can't post the link but text is given at the bottom of this post.

B - Not sure if this federal level relaxation applies even for provinces, esplly Ontario in this case. Their guide clearly says points should stay >=400 till one applies for a PR. quote <<You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.>> unquote. This means having 400 points when I receive a PT NOI from Ontario, in response to which I apply, their 4 - 6 weeks of evaluating my application, and sending me a nomination - which I accept, and then wait for a CRS draw wherein I receive an ITA, based on which I apply after having arranged all dox!!!!

Need genuine guidance even if disheartening. THIS IS LOOKING LIKE A LOSING BATTLE. Earliest Ontario reopens is Jan'17. From there till mid March (my birthday) - completing all of the above steps looks highly infeasible. :-(

On the other hand, it is a stretched imagination that CRS cutoff in itself would come down to 400s (in which case I needn't rely on Ontario's rules). Though with the changes in points structure, all are anticipating cutoffs to be lowered. :-(

Public Policy to exempt applicants for Permanent Residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application
Background
Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) which came into force on January 1, 2015, requires officers to refuse an application for permanent residence from an Express Entry candidate if, at the time the invitation was issued, or at the time the officer received the candidate’s application, the candidate did not or does not meet the criteria to be eligible to be invited to make an application for permanent residence, or the candidate did not or does not possess the qualifications on the basis of which they were invited to apply.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitaition to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

This temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by CIC and the receipt of the resulting application by CIC.

Public Policy
In the view of the circumstances described above and pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), I hereby establish that there are public policy considerations warranting exemption from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA where the application of that section would have occurred due to a loss of eligibility or qualification for reason of the applicant aging between receipt of invitation to apply for permanent residence and the submission of the application resulting from that invitation, and for exemption from the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) with respect to points allocated to applicants on the basis of age under section 81 for Express Entry candidates only, where the applicant would no longer meet those requirements as a result of aging between invitation to apply and application.

This public policy does not constitute a complete exemption from the above-cited provisions, but only exempts applicants for failure to meet the requirements of these provisions due to an increase in reported age within the specified period. Applicants are not exempted from meeting other requirements under these provisions, or other requirements of the IRPA and the IRPR.

This public policy is effective January 1, 2015 until revoked by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

The Honourable Chris Alexander
Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Dated at Ottawa, this 31st day of December, 2014

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
2017CanadaHo! said:
Hi Tan & Raj, and ALL!!

Thanks, however upon reading up OINP guide and CIC/EE system info again, age/age points are locked in @ ITA stage if we talk country / federal level draws/PR process, but for Ontario - one needs to maintain 400 for longer.

A - Federal govt/country intake - there's a clear relaxation wrt age (if age increase is the ONLY item causing points reduction) such that after receiving an ITA, age increase will not adversely impact points. Can't post the link but text is given at the bottom of this post.

B - Not sure if this federal level relaxation applies even for provinces, esplly Ontario in this case. Their guide clearly says points should stay >=400 till one applies for a PR. quote <<You must maintain a minimum score of 400 points on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) through the Ontario processing stage and your Application for Permanent Residence to IRCC.>> unquote. This means having 400 points when I receive a PT NOI from Ontario, in response to which I apply, their 4 - 6 weeks of evaluating my application, and sending me a nomination - which I accept, and then wait for a CRS draw wherein I receive an ITA, based on which I apply after having arranged all dox!!!!

Need genuine guidance even if disheartening. THIS IS LOOKING LIKE A LOSING BATTLE. Earliest Ontario reopens is Jan'17. From there till mid March (my birthday) - completing all of the above steps looks highly infeasible. :-(

On the other hand, it is a stretched imagination that CRS cutoff in itself would come down to 400s (in which case I needn't rely on Ontario's rules). Though with the changes in points structure, all are anticipating cutoffs to be lowered. :-(

Public Policy to exempt applicants for Permanent Residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application
Background
Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) which came into force on January 1, 2015, requires officers to refuse an application for permanent residence from an Express Entry candidate if, at the time the invitation was issued, or at the time the officer received the candidate’s application, the candidate did not or does not meet the criteria to be eligible to be invited to make an application for permanent residence, or the candidate did not or does not possess the qualifications on the basis of which they were invited to apply.

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive an invitaition to apply (ITA) and the time they submit an application for permanent residence (APR) could lose points that were awarded to them for their age, which is one criterion used to establish their rank relative to other Express Entry candidates, and to determine their eligibility to receive an invitation to apply. Applications can be refused for this reason despite the applicant’s ability to meet regulatory requirements of the economic immigration program for which they have applied.

This temporary public policy will permit the exemption of candidates from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA only if the loss of eligibility or qualification has occurred due to aging of the applicant between the submission of an invitation by CIC and the receipt of the resulting application by CIC.

Public Policy
In the view of the circumstances described above and pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), I hereby establish that there are public policy considerations warranting exemption from application of section 11.2 of the IRPA where the application of that section would have occurred due to a loss of eligibility or qualification for reason of the applicant aging between receipt of invitation to apply for permanent residence and the submission of the application resulting from that invitation, and for exemption from the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) with respect to points allocated to applicants on the basis of age under section 81 for Express Entry candidates only, where the applicant would no longer meet those requirements as a result of aging between invitation to apply and application.

This public policy does not constitute a complete exemption from the above-cited provisions, but only exempts applicants for failure to meet the requirements of these provisions due to an increase in reported age within the specified period. Applicants are not exempted from meeting other requirements under these provisions, or other requirements of the IRPA and the IRPR.

This public policy is effective January 1, 2015 until revoked by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.

The Honourable Chris Alexander
Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Dated at Ottawa, this 31st day of December, 2014
The problem with OINP is they don't mention important stuff like this to the applicants. They have to work on betterment of their services.

Check this -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ontario-pnp-sent-in-jan-2016-lets-connect-here-t393982.0.html;msg5305040#msg5305040

"A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from OINP and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed. In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination. OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria"

This does apply to programs sponsored by OINP as well.

harshilsm

Star Member
Aug 30, 2016
Hi Raj,

A quick question!

Primary applicant is my wife.

I have the required amount(CAD$ 15,143) as a Fixed Deposit since a year. But the Fixed Deposit is in my and my mom's name. My mom's name was added in FD so that all banking formalities(like renewing the FD, signing any forms etc) becomes easy. FD was opened in Gujarat and me & my wife stay in Karnataka. So thought to add mom's name(as she stays in Gujarat) so that all formalities becomes easy and we don't have to travel much just for a sign.

So the immigration officer requested the Proof of support/Affidavit of support that we are going to support her, for which we created affidavit and mailed the same to immigration officer.

But with the affidavits, the officer also asked letter of explanation. Not sure what kind of explanation they are looking for. Can you elaborate and let me know what kind of explanation they are looking for.

Please guide me on this.

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi,

I am unable to pay (PR +RPRF) fees from "MY CIC" website. After uploading all documents there is an option "Transmit & Pay". Once I click on same, there is error "System is facing Techical error and we are in process of reolving the same". This error is coming from 20-Nov-2016.

I have tried to call CIC from canada through one of my relative and they say that the Site is working fine. I have raised techical query through MY CIC but they have failed to provide solution till date.

Is anyone els facing rpobel to pay (PR +RPRF) fees?

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi,

I am unable to pay (PR +RPRF) fees from "MY CIC" website. After uploading all documents there is an option "Transmit & Pay". Once I click on same, there is an error "System is facing Techical error and we are in process of resolving the same". This error is coming from 20-Nov-2016.

I have tried to call CIC -canada through one of my relative and they say that the Site is working fine. I have raised technical query through MY CIC but they have failed to provide solution till date.

Is anyone else facing problem to pay (PR +RPRF) fees?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: 25-Oct-15. Ontario Nomination: 28-Oct-15. Docs Sent: 7-Nov-15. Docs Received by OINP: 12-Nov-15. AOR Received: 08-Mar-16. 1st Query: 25-Apr-16. Nomination Received: 30-Sept-16. 600 Points Received: 3-Oct-16. Medicals: 11-Nov-16. Present Status: Docs Uploaded Online on MY CIC Site and Unable to pay fees due to technical error in CIC payment website since 20-Nov-16. Can anyone help?

ajkidwai

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08/06/2017
Passport Req..
18/08/2017
Dear Admin,

Please add me to OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide whats appgroup .... +965 55210500

ajkidwai

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08/06/2017
Passport Req..
18/08/2017
Dear Raj,

Is the speculation of a change in OINP true? Increase in CRS scores eligibility and a n occupation-in-demand sort of a thingy?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
rajkamalmohanram said:
The problem with OINP is they don't mention important stuff like this to the applicants. They have to work on betterment of their services.

Check this -

"A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from OINP and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed. In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination. OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria"

This does apply to programs sponsored by OINP as well.
Hey Raj, many thanks. Yes when I went searching I saw many candidates quoting similar text verbatim from email reverts given by the OINP folks. This SIGNIFICANTLY eases my heartaches as both OINP and federal folks offer relaxations on the age front. With that said, for complete-ness sake I'll still pursue surfing to find the said public policy or perhaps use the "contact an expert" option. If I have luck from either of the two, I'll post the outcome here.

To gain time, am now initiating following steps/gathering documents as a priority; few questions for you inline below and a request for you to stop me if I'm going wrong anywhere or have missed out on something to treat as priority.

Stage: Awaiting OINP to open / PT NOI to come
A - All employment letters (got 4 to arrange); with the hope that these never go stale barring the current job/employer letter - which I'll redo if need be.
B - Financial certification & statements; am sure these'd be stale in a while but by having done it once ahead of time, I'd be aware of requirements/formats/pitfalls/banks' processes etc. to be better prepared and take lesser time when the moment of truth comes.
-------> Should I strengthen the case by including my tax returns, and payslips and employer annual pay hike letters?
C - Marriage certificate from the municipal folks
D - Trial runs at filling in the editable pdf application form (already seeing challenges in it as it is not letting me move to the next page if some of the info though not applicable to me, isn't filled in)
E - Photocopies of IELTS TRF/ECA/education credentials/civil documents etc. - notarizing them all for abundant caution!
F - Write up/letter of intent, to make it as personal and logical/honest as I can.
G - LOE for not having a birth cert with my name in it.

Stage: PT NOI received
H - Indonesia PCC, which I know would take a while (2 months maybe)
I - India PCC (1 month max)
J - (Perhaps) re-doing some of the time linked documents
K - Application package, exactly as you described - sorted/indexed etc.

Stage: AOR received; if things are fine & no/not much additional documents are sought; i.e. awaiting a CRS draw and then an ITA
L - Do you suggest I do H & I at the stage of receiving the PT NOI or only after receiving the AOR?
M - Wife's maiden to current surname change affidavit

PS - how do I get +1s for you?! Is a message here to the Admin enough? If yes "Hi Admin, pl add three +1s for Raj"!

frankivy

Oct 16, 2015
ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
new rules are out , i will see if i got more points

rajkamalmohanram said:
Thanks a ton for pointing that out! + 1 for that!

Edited the post - Marriage certificate added!

shaparak

Nov 19, 2016
Hi Every one,

I'm new to this group. Please help me on this.
I have a Canadian degree, one year Canadian experience and an LMIA exempt job offer in ON. I recently made an EE profile and got 444 score (after Nov.19th changes) and entered the pool, eligible for CEC (not for FSWP).
Would you please help me with the followings:
1- I have little/no chance to get out of pool, so I'm thinking of OINP. Since there is lots of pause and launch news for OINP in 2016, I wanna know has some one got PT after making EE profile in 2016 or they are old ones? if so when did you make the EE profile? and how long it took to get the PT?

2- Regarding the CEC itself, the new rules says we can get 50 to 200 points for job offer even without LIMA. I'm working under PGWP (which is LMIA exempt work permit) and my current job is also LMIA exempt. Do you think I am eligible for those 50 points? I could not get them since in the profile it asks me do you have a LMIA job offer? and mine is exempt. I'm under NOC A. I'm thinking maybe I was eligible and I should fill the form in a different way.

Thank you so much,

Shaparak