+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nilkanth Lucky said:
How long we can stay in Canada after getting nomination from OINP?
Perhaps your question isn't too clear.
After you get your nomination from OINP, you would get an ITA. If your application is successful, you would have a PR visa that allows you to reside in Canada permanently and after 4 years of residence, you can apply for Canadian passport that makes you a citizen.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Dear Wisak,

May be my question is not clear but I wanted to ask you that lots of international students and their spouses have work permit expiry issue even after they get OINP nomination and as long as I know spouse can not apply for BOWP. So either they have to apply for Visitor visa or student visa to stay in Canada. Say Once they get nomination, they have to accept it and apply for federal PR and it takes say 6 months but they do not have 6 months on their work permit. Their work permit expire before they get their federal PR.
For example:
OINP invitation: Jan, 2016
Application Submitted: Feb, 2016
AOR: April, 2016
Nomination: June, 2016
ITA: July, 2016
Application Submitted & AOR: July, 2016
Work permit expire: August, 2016 (for both PA & spouse; PA can apply for BOWP but what about spouse??? So my question was with the OINP nomination can we stay in Canada up to 6 months without applying student visa or visitor visa for spouse????? or is there any other option?? What are the privileges we will have it once we get OINP nomination??)
PR: November, 2016

Hope this explanation will help you to understand my question. Thank you.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nilkanth Lucky said:
Dear Wisak,

May be my question is not clear but I wanted to ask you that lots of international students and their spouses have work permit expiry issue even after they get OINP nomination and as long as I know spouse can not apply for BOWP.
Ok, now I get your question correctly.
I really don't know other options available for a spouse other than for he/she to return to his/her country of nationality and wait for the outcome of the PR or get on another type of visa (student or visitor) to buy time. Maybe others that have more information/experience on this situation can advise further.

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
tusharpatel said:
Hello there,
I want to say thank you to everyone who is helping each other regarding immigration issues.
Today I came with two questions:
1) Does anybody has an idea when last AOR was received for person recently. I submitted my file February 2nd,2016. I did not get my AOR yet.
2) My work permit i expiring in May 2016. If I will get my AOR by then, will I be able to apply for bridging work permit based on AOR?

Thank you again
AOR for you will probably be in May or end of April if you're lucky.
Not sure if you would be able to apply for a bridging work permit based on an AOR... I'm actually in a similar situation as you, my work permit expires July 2016 and I submitted my OINP application in February too. I plan to switch my status to visitor as I await for the AOR + Nomination + ITA to apply for PR. The sucky part is that I will have to stop working. Hope this helps.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Butters1690,

Do you have any idea about OINP nomination validity? I mean we can get OINP nomination before our work permit expire then can we able to stay for next 6 months in ON without applying for visitor visa or BOWP? Confuse???

tusharpatel

Feb 11, 2014
wisak said:
I mailed my application to OINP on February 02, 2016 and it was received as confirmed by DHL on February 05, 2016. I have also not received AOR. From my calculations, it is currently taking between 80-100days to to receive an AOR as a result of the backlog. so we should receive our AORs by April ending or early May, 2016. I hope you are able to meet up and get your bridging work permit pending when you get nominated.
Thank you so much sir..... :)

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Nilkanth Lucky said:
Butters1690,

Do you have any idea about OINP nomination validity? I mean we can get OINP nomination before our work permit expire then can we able to stay for next 6 months in ON without applying for visitor visa or BOWP? Confuse???
Doubt it. In order to get a BOWP, you need to pass certain stages of the PR application. OINP states that they take '90 days' to process complete applications (AOR), although these days they take over 90 days.. so nomination may just happen sometime September/October, which is past our WP expiration date. I think it's best to maintain some kind of status even if it's a visitor status.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nilkanth Lucky said:
Work permit expire: August, 2016 (for both PA & spouse; PA can apply for BOWP but what about spouse??? So my question was with the OINP nomination can we stay in Canada up to 6 months without applying student visa or visitor visa for spouse????? or is there any other option?? What are the privileges we will have it once we get OINP nomination??)
I think none.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

June 20, 2015

Due to Federal level changes to the issuance of temporary work permits, as of June 20th, 2015, OINP no longer has the authority to issue support letters for open work permits. This only applies to nominees in streams under the Human Capital Category and includes all streams that do not require a job offer.To learn about your options for retaining legal status in Canada, see CIC’s website for information about Bridging Open Work Permit eligibility requirements.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj and Others,

The copy of ECA report that is to be sent directly from WES to OINP was sent on March 15th 2016. It could take one week or less time, due to which it could reach after March23rd which happens to be my 45th day for OINP. Is it necessary that it should also be received within 45 days time that OINP has given us. I had attached the receipt of ECA duplicate report order along with the photocopy of the ECA hard copy report with my application package which reached well ahead of time. Will that be ok even if the ECA report reaches after 45 days time?.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj and Others,

The copy of ECA report that is to be sent directly from WES to OINP was sent on March 15th 2016. It could take one week or less time, due to which it could reach after March23rd which happens to be my 45th day for OINP. Is it necessary that it should also be received within 45 days time that OINP has given us. I had attached the receipt of ECA duplicate report order along with the photocopy of the ECA hard copy report with my application package which reached well ahead of time. Will that be ok even if the ECA report reaches after 45 days time?.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala.
No such time limit for Duplicate copy, except if they request for iyt you have 30 calendar days from the email request date for them to receive it directly from WES or any agency that you may have used.

In fact the duplicate copy requests are generally sent by MCIIT post AOR.

vikasdeep

Apr 24, 2015
hi all,

pls guide me for this issue. MY crs score is 400 and got PT.I submitted my file on 9 jan. Now i don't receive AOR yet. And my birthday falls in july,so i am afraid that due to that my score can fall. So, kindly guide me whether it will affect my nomination process .

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikasdeep said:
hi all,

pls guide me for this issue. MY crs score is 400 and got PT.I submitted my file on 9 jan. Now i don't receive AOR yet. And my birthday falls in july,so i am afraid that due to that my score can fall. So, kindly guide me whether it will affect my nomination process .
All things being equal, you should be just fine. With the current timing, you should receive you AOR in April and if everything goes right you should be nominated before July. Once you are nominated and you accept it before your birthday, it is locked and your score immediately goes above 600. You would receive an ITA afterwards and get your PR hopefully before the year runs out. One thing though, hope you adhered to all the instructions and guidelines of OINP because that's the only part that can delay the process and rob you. Can you also try to improve your CRS points? EILTS, Education etc...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vikasdeep said:
hi all,

Ontario will not refuse your application if your birthday falls after you get PT. Don't worry. Good luck and all the very best.

Remzi

Mar 10, 2016
Hi

Did anyone receive any PT Notification of Interest for the profiles created in or after Feb 15th ? I know they have been stopped for now but was just wondering if anyone did ?

I have secured 446 points and my work permit is ending in July.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Remzi said:
Hi

Did anyone receive any PT Notification of Interest for the profiles created in or after Feb 15th ? I know they have been stopped for now but was just wondering if anyone did ?

I have secured 446 points and my work permit is ending in July.

Thanks
No PTs from mid Feb from what I hear.