+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I know this may not be the best place to ask this question but please if you can assist, I would greatly appreciate. I have been following up on both immigration to Canada and Australia since last year. I tend to know much about Canadian Immigration process because of groups like this and other information available to me. However, I have just got an ITA for Australia PR (Subclass 189) and I am a little confused because I have got a PT interest from OINP, waiting for a nomination and I have 60 days to apply to Australia or forfeit it. Has anyone done any comparison between both countries that can share with me personally? or send me links to fora like this that I can get useful information on the Australian option to enable me make a quick decision. In order not to distract the discussion line of this thread, you can inbox me privately please or reply here in the case that there are others in my shoes too.

Thank you.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
wisak said:
Dear All,
I know this may not be the best place to ask this question but please if you can assist, I would greatly appreciate. I have been following up on both immigration to Canada and Australia since last year. I tend to know much about Canadian Immigration process because of groups like this and other information available to me. However, I have just got an ITA for Australia PR (Subclass 189) and I am a little confused because I have got a PT interest from OINP, waiting for a nomination and I have 60 days to apply to Australia or forfeit it. Has anyone done any comparison between both countries that can share with me personally? or send me links to fora like this that I can get useful information on the Australian option to enable me make a quick decision. In order not to distract the discussion line of this thread, you can inbox me privately please or reply here in the case that there are others in my shoes too.

Thank you.
The following are some threads on both countries (comparisons) i could sift through on this forum. Hope this helps you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-vs-australia-t275885.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canada-pr-vs-australian-pr-better-t399372.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t280024.0.html

All the very best.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
The following are some threads on both countries (comparisons) i could sift through on this forum. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the links, I really appreciate it.
More contributions/suggestions are still welcomed.

Remzi

Mar 10, 2016
Hi All,

I have created the profile on Feb 25th with 446 Points, but have not yet received any PT nomination of Interest.

I think they are on hold, so please if anyone does get one, please let us all know as everybody is waiting.

Thanks

mohhit

Dec 27, 2015
Hello guys...
I big respect from my side to everyone who is helping each other in a commendable way.
I have one query. I have submitted my EE profile including my wife and lil daughter. My CRS are 381. NOC 1243. Its not possibe to improve my CRS from personal side. The only hope is job offer or PNP. I intend to reside in Ontario only in profile. Should I hope for PNP or search other provinces or stick to job and job offer?
Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
mohhit said:
Hello guys...
I big respect from my side to everyone who is helping each other in a commendable way.
I have one query. I have submitted my EE profile including my wife and lil daughter. My CRS are 381. NOC 1243. Its not possibe to improve my CRS from personal side. The only hope is job offer or PNP. I intend to reside in Ontario only in profile. Should I hope for PNP or search other provinces or stick to job and job offer?
Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
If you CANNOT improve your score any further, then i guess your only hope is PN or Job offer (LMIA based). But unfortunately ON has its PN currently on hold due to huge volumes that they are unable to cope with. Hopefully they will resume shortly, but till then i suggest look at other provinces if your NOC is in demand there or if you may have any friends or relatives there so that they fetch you some additional points. Also for ON the cutoff for PN is/was 400 CRS, so try to see if you can improve your CRS by a little to crossover the cutoff by improving on your IELTS (CLB9 or above).

LMIA based job offer are almost impossible to get, unless there is an employer who needs your skill and is ready to apply & wait for a positive LMIA for you. Also it's a time consuming process with very little certainty of getting a positive LMIA.

All the best to you.

mohhit

Dec 27, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
If you CANNOT improve your score any further, then i guess your only hope is PN or Job offer (LMIA based). But unfortunately ON has its PN currently on hold due to huge volumes that they are unable to cope with. Hopefully they will resume shortly, but till then i suggest look at other provinces if your NOC is in demand there or if you may have any friends or relatives there so that they fetch you some additional points. Also for ON the cutoff for PN is/was 400 CRS, so try to see if you can improve your CRS by a little to crossover the cutoff by improving on your IELTS (CLB9 or above).

LMIA based job offer are almost impossible to get, unless there is an employer who needs your skill and is ready to apply & wait for a positive LMIA for you. Also it's a time consuming process with very little certainty of getting a positive LMIA.

All the best to you.
My job is not in demand sir. My IELTS are L8R7S6.5W6.5.
How many additional CRS points I will get if my friend is a PR in Ontario?

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
mohhit said:
My job is not in demand sir. My IELTS are L8R7S6.5W6.5.
How many additional CRS points I will get if my friend is a PR in Ontario?
First question: How many points did you get for IELTS? 64? 88? 116? If you didn't get 128 that's the first point of increasing your scores.

Not sure about how many points you'll get for your friend. As has been said you need at least 400 points to be able to get an Ontario PN. Here are some options:
a. You can get up to 22 points for the TEF (French exam). This gives you 401. Alternatively you may apply for the French Track in ON for which some people are still getting Notification of interests (this doesn't have the 400 min requirement). You can also consider Quebec if you have the French credential
b. You may consider letting your spouse apply as the principal candidate IF she will score higher than 400 on the CRS scale. This way she's likely to get the PT when they start issuing again.

Unless the age factors are really fighting you, I suggest you look closely again at your current score and compare it to the CRS tool and you might just discover somewhere that you can increase your scores.

All the best

mohhit

Dec 27, 2015
papapsi said:
First question: How many points did you get for IELTS? 64? 88? 116? If you didn't get 128 that's the first point of increasing your scores.

Not sure about how many points you'll get for your friend. As has been said you need at least 400 points to be able to get an Ontario PN. Here are some options:
a. You can get up to 22 points for the TEF (French exam). This gives you 401. Alternatively you may apply for the French Track in ON for which some people are still getting Notification of interests (this doesn't have the 400 min requirement). You can also consider Quebec if you have the French credential
b. You may consider letting your spouse apply as the principal candidate IF she will score higher than 400 on the CRS scale. This way she's likely to get the PT when they start issuing again.

Unless the age factors are really fighting you, I suggest you look closely again at your current score and compare it to the CRS tool and you might just discover somewhere that you can increase your scores.

All the best
CRS are age-100, Level of edu-119,1st lang-102,spouse edu-8, spouse lang-14,skill transf-25,foreign exp-13 total-381.
Thanks Sir in Advance

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohhit said:
CRS are age-100, Level of edu-119,1st lang-102,spouse edu-8, spouse lang-14,skill transf-25,foreign exp-13 total-381.
Thanks Sir in Advance
I can see you only need 19 points to qualify for a PT interest from OINP when they start sending out PTs again and I think your best bet/fasted option would be improving your language score to at least L8,R7,S7,W7. This would significantly improve your CRS to well above 400.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
mohhit said:
Thanks Sir in Advance
Okay. There is a maximum of 128 points for English for your category (with a Spouse). Since you have 102 it means your CLB didn't hit 10. If you get a CLB10 on the IELTS you should be able to earn the extra 26 points which would comfortably place you at 407.
Your spouse can also gain 6 more points if she increases her IELTS CLB. That'll give you 413

All the best on the exam! I hope this helps.

tusharpatel

Feb 11, 2014
Hello there,
I want to say thank you to everyone who is helping each other regarding immigration issues.
Today I came with two questions:
1) Does anybody has an idea when last AOR was received for person recently. I submitted my file February 2nd,2016. I did not get my AOR yet.
2) My work permit i expiring in May 2016. If I will get my AOR by then, will I be able to apply for bridging work permit based on AOR?

Thank you again

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
How long we can stay in Canada after getting nomination from OINP?

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tusharpatel said:
Hello there,
I want to say thank you to everyone who is helping each other regarding immigration issues.
Today I came with two questions:
1) Does anybody has an idea when last AOR was received for person recently. I submitted my file February 2nd,2016. I did not get my AOR yet.
2) My work permit i expiring in May 2016. If I will get my AOR by then, will I be able to apply for bridging work permit based on AOR?

Thank you again
I mailed my application to OINP on February 02, 2016 and it was received as confirmed by DHL on February 05, 2016. I have also not received AOR. From my calculations, it is currently taking between 80-100days to to receive an AOR as a result of the backlog. so we should receive our AORs by April ending or early May, 2016. I hope you are able to meet up and get your bridging work permit pending when you get nominated.

mohhit

Dec 27, 2015
wisak said:
I can see you only need 19 points to qualify for a PT interest from OINP when they start sending out PTs again and I think your best bet/fasted option would be improving your language score to at least L8,R7,S7,W7. This would significantly improve your CRS to well above 400.
Thanks Wisak