+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AmirHNK said:
No, All my work experience was and is in Canada. I have done 16 month of internship (NOC 2171), As I mentioned before, during my bachelors. Also, I have been working part time in NOC 2171 since October 2013. I also worked full time for 4 months in NOC 2174 in summer 2015. the last 2 were during my grad studies which is currently ongoing.
Then, I have no clue whatsoever how your profile showed you are eligible under FSW! If you only have Canadian work experience, IMO, there is no way you can be eligible under FSW .

@Asivad, any thoughts?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Then, I have no clue whatsoever how your profile showed you are eligible under FSW! If you only have Canadian work experience, IMO, there is no way you can be eligible under FSW .

@Asivad, any thoughts?
This seems some error on the system side or some entry error...else how can an applicant w/o foreign work experience be assessed as FSW profile?

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Precisely!!
I just checked my EE profile. Where it asks for when I became eligible to work in my NOC, I mentioned the date I started my internship job!
To be eligible for NOC 2171, one must have:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
    or
  • Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

I did do a few years of college and 3 years of university before my internship. Anyways I am just gonna leave my EE it as is.

As for FSW, where does it mention that the work must be outside Canada?

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Precisely!!
Following is taken straight out of the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream Application Guide (Page 8 under the Work Experience - FSWP Candidate section):

"If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas."

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi Raj!

Such an awesome, detailed information. thanks for sharing!

I'm just wondering how to get 'recognized' and eventually nominated from OINP to apply under the human capital priorities stream...
My express entry profile has been active since august 2015 and my CRS score is 438.

Any thoughts? Many thanks for your time.

Udayesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
butters1690 said:
Hi Raj!

Such an awesome, detailed information. thanks for sharing!

I'm just wondering how to get 'recognized' and eventually nominated from OINP to apply under the human capital priorities stream...
My express entry profile has been active since august 2015 and my CRS score is 438.

Any thoughts? Many thanks for your time.
Please try to recreate your EE profile. It has helped me. Initially i created it in June 15, withdrew on November and recreated on Nov last week. Got OINP PT within a week. Many other members have also benefited by recreating their profile.
Give a try, i am sure you will get it. All the best .

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
is there a list of NOC to check before i can apply in OINP? because in sask and bc they need an employer / your noc should be on their list of noc

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
LOVK said:
is there a list of NOC to check before i can apply in OINP? because in sask and bc they need an employer / your noc should be on their list of noc
There is no NOC list or Demand occupation list for OINP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AmirHNK said:
Following is taken straight out of the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream Application Guide (Page 8 under the Work Experience - FSWP Candidate section):

"If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas."
Hmmm - This is strange! I cannot comprehend how work experience gained in Canada would count towards FSW or why your profile was not shown as eligible under CEC while you satisfied the criteria.

So, going by the verbiage above, if your CIC profile says you are eligible under FSW and you have asked Ontario to asses you under under FSW, you might be fine.

Sad (and strange) that your profile did not show your profile under CEC - OINP processes CEC applicants very quickly compared to FSW applicants.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Rajkamal,
Since you have already taken so much efforts to create this wonderful thread, let's replicate this thread on the "Express Entry" section of this forum.

As most of you will agree, there are many candidates applying for OINP on the "Express Entry" section and asking questions.
It will be easy for them to read through this sticky thread and eventually the number of questions or new threads created will be less.
Many of them may not visit this "PNP" section and might continue to raise the same set of questions.

So, I hope you can do the needful.

Thank you.

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram, very comprehensive indeed!

I need some advice. I applied for SINP last November and received the rejection letter this January due to occupation not in-demand and insufficient settlement fund. I wanted to appeal with the POF but decided not to since i concur that my NOC is really not in the list of their in-demand jobs. Now that I received a PT interest letter from ON, should i declare that my SINP application was denied? It is stated in the application guide but I am afraid that ON will also deny my application because SINP did. Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsmart15 said:
Rajkamal,
Since you have already taken so much efforts to create this wonderful thread, let's replicate this thread on the "Express Entry" section of this forum.

As most of you will agree, there are many candidates applying for OINP on the "Express Entry" section and asking questions.
It will be easy for them to read through this sticky thread and eventually the number of questions or new threads created will be less.
Many of them may not visit this "PNP" section and might continue to raise the same set of questions.

So, I hope you can do the needful.

Thank you.
Well, I am not sure if the moderators/admins will be happy if I copy this post to the "Express Entry" board.

Admin/Moderator - I think sushsmart15 is right. If possible, kindly move this topic to the "Express Entry" board and make it sticky there.

@sushsmart15 - Please report my initial post to the moderator and ask them to move it to the "Express Entry" board.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Done. Reported to Admin to replicate this thread.
It is better to have the same sticky thread in two different sections of the forum.
Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmirHNK said:
No, All my work experience was and is in Canada. I have done 16 month of internship (NOC 2171), As I mentioned before, during my bachelors. Also, I have been working part time in NOC 2171 since October 2013. I also worked full time for 4 months in NOC 2174 in summer 2015. the last 2 were during my grad studies which is currently ongoing.
You cannot count work experience acquired while you were a full-time student inside Canada to gain eligibility for CEC and/or gain CRS points.