+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

manubalasree

Jan 17, 2022
I got my OINP NOI Techdraw(May 5). I had 3 weeks before finishing 1 year of experience at that time. I am confused about what to do. I am planning to file under CEC HCP after finishing a year

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I got my OINP NOI Techdraw(May 5). I had 3 weeks before finishing 1 year of experience at that time. I am confused about what to do. I am planning to file under CEC HCP after finishing a year
You have neither mentioned your current CRS score nor the future score which you will attain at the completion of on 1 year of Canadian local experience. Hence it is impossible for anyone to comment.
- In 3 weeks when you complete 1 year yes if you will have 483 or preferably above then it is sure advisable for you to go via CEC.
- On the other hand if your score in much lower than 483 you might have to wait for many months to get the CEC ITA. So think and decide

I was in the same boat as you 6 months back. Those days CRS never dropped below 491 for almost 5-6 months, during which I got an OINP NOI, which I applied and thankfully received nomination on time. However immediately after I accepted OINP nomination in my profile the CRS for general draws went as low as 481.

manubalasree

Jan 17, 2022
You have neither mentioned your current CRS score nor the future score which you will attain at the completion of on 1 year of Canadian local experience. Hence it is impossible for anyone to comment.
- In 3 weeks when you complete 1 year yes if you will have 483 or preferably above then it is sure advisable for you to go via CEC.
- On the other hand if your score in much lower than 483 you might have to wait for many months to get the CEC ITA. So think and decide

I was in the same boat as you 6 months back. Those days CRS never dropped below 491 for almost 5-6 months, during which I got an OINP NOI, which I applied and thankfully received nomination on time. However immediately after I accepted OINP nomination in my profile the CRS for general draws went as low as 481.
The question is not about going the ITA route or OINP. It is about whether I can file under OINP HCP CEC after finishing a year, since got the NOI before that.

I was looking at the OINP HCP requirements and it says.

Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last three years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
  • in Canada while maintaining legal status in Canada
So I think I am good to go as long as I have finished a year at the time of submission.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
The question is not about going the ITA route or OINP. It is about whether I can file under OINP HCP CEC after finishing a year, since got the NOI before that.

I was looking at the OINP HCP requirements and it says.

Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last three years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile
  • in Canada while maintaining legal status in Canada
So I think I am good to go as long as I have finished a year at the time of submission.
Yes the 1 year completion only matters to IRCC when you respond the ITA hence apply for PR.
For applying for the OINP nomination No it shouldn't matter. However to be safe what you can do is send a letter of explanation to OINP folks that that you are working with the same employer and you expect to complete a year on NN date. Ontario are taking 2-3 months nowadays hence by the time they process your application you should have comfortably completed 1 year.

Last edited:
Reactions: manubalasree

ciaobellea

May 15, 2023
Hello Everyone!

I just received NOI last May 8 for Human Capital - Health. I came in Canada last 2019 as International Student. I applied for PGWP April 2021. We had it extended due to the public policy til October 2022. So my current situation is I'm out of status as of the moment but have already applied for restoration. I tried applying for the extension thinking I was eligible but was refused. After I received the refusal letter Feb 2023, I applied for the Restoration as Visitor and is still pending. Is there any problem in my situation? Do I currently have a legal status in Canada, yes or no?

I also have an ongoing LMIA application with an employer but it’s still in processing. Do I consider this as a valid job offer?

ravikumark815

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have received an NOI for OINP and while applying for the same, I need help in filling the 'Intention to Reside in Ontario' section. I have no ties mentioned in the help list. What should I fill in this section?
Also I already submitted a statement of intent pdf in 'Your Required Documents' section. Should I copy paste the same letter here or just mention 'No ties available' in this section?
What is the correct way to proceed here?

Screenshot: https://postimg.cc/QHKMFd9t

Thanks,
Ravi

deepsd

Oct 14, 2018
Hey All,

So today I was submitting my application under International student stream. I uploaded everything and was at payment stage. I added my card details and clicked Submit payment, it redirected me to OINP home page logged out. I logged back in again and I see that my application is still in 'waiting for submission' so I thought that my payment did not went through. I opened my application and tried the payment again but this time it did not even let me go to the payment page I was getting the following error:
Error. Please try again. If you continue to encounter problems, please email the ministry for assistance.

I checked my card and the 1500$ fees is already deducted but I have still not received any email confirmation for application submitted, its been more than 4 hours now but my status is still showing 'waiting for submission' and still getting error while trying the payment again. I have emailed OINP regarding the same but my deadline is 22nd Monday and as its long weekend I am not sure if anyone is going to reply or even pick up the call. I am not sure what to do, my card shows that the payment was deducted but the application status is not updated. I am afraid that if my application is not submitted and if I went pass deadline my application will be withdrawn.

Please let me know if anyone faced this issue before.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hey All,

So today I was submitting my application under International student stream. I uploaded everything and was at payment stage. I added my card details and clicked Submit payment, it redirected me to OINP home page logged out. I logged back in again and I see that my application is still in 'waiting for submission' so I thought that my payment did not went through. I opened my application and tried the payment again but this time it did not even let me go to the payment page I was getting the following error:
Error. Please try again. If you continue to encounter problems, please email the ministry for assistance.

I checked my card and the 1500$ fees is already deducted but I have still not received any email confirmation for application submitted, its been more than 4 hours now but my status is still showing 'waiting for submission' and still getting error while trying the payment again. I have emailed OINP regarding the same but my deadline is 22nd Monday and as its long weekend I am not sure if anyone is going to reply or even pick up the call. I am not sure what to do, my card shows that the payment was deducted but the application status is not updated. I am afraid that if my application is not submitted and if I went pass deadline my application will be withdrawn.

Please let me know if anyone faced this issue before.
I hope you will get the confirmation before Tuesday if not call them on the phone.

addy03

Sep 29, 2022
Hi All,
I have received NOI for HCP stream on 5th May.
Now I am filling the application in OINP portal, my wife does not have a last name on passport. what do I enter in the first name and last name fields as those are mandatory in the family information

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
If I get PR through Ontario PNP, we are allowed to visit other provinces right? Possibly a dumb question to ask but just want to make sure because as per the rules cannot reside in any other province other than the nominated province

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
If you are abroad, when you move to Canada it is advisable that you land in your PNP sponsor state. If not the CBSA officer might either deny your entry or refer you to IRCC who will further investigate and can even revoke your PR. They often refuse to grant the PR status, on the grounds of misrepresentation.

After landing i.e. getting your PR approved to apply for the PR card you can travel you travel to other provinces however the permanent place of abode is recommended to be the PNP province. Please keep in mind if you relocate to another province due to a job or other unavoidable reasons. You should gather proper documentation to explain your situation of why you moved, reach out to the PNP province to explain your situation, and get a No Objection letter. e.g. if you moved for a job, they will ask proof-like your job hunting and your rejection letters from the companies within PNP province etc..

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
One of my former employers, the HR give a letter in which the first page has a generic summary of my role, duration worked, pay etc signed by the HR - regular / scanned signature . The following page is the detailed role and responsibilities which had the approving managers email and phone number and spot was signature that was empty. I asked my former manager to e-sign the , mine got accepted both my OINP and IRCC. Don't please don't take mine as universal truth my letter had the HR manager remember

Reactions: hihello227

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello,

When preparing the Proof of Funds letter, if the bank refuses to include statements such as 'No credit card debts or loans' due to legal restrictions, instead, they state that the "Account is Active and in Good Standing", would this raise any concerns for OINP (Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW) application?

Thank you in advance. :)

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to check regarding work experience in EE vs OINP. I got my NOI recently and currently working on my application.

In my EE profile, I have only shown the work experience that aligns with my primary NOC. The total work experience shown in EE profile is more than 3 years.
In my OINP- Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW application, I am showing all my past work experience in 10 years, including, primary NOC jobs and also, the other work experience.

I have the following questions:
  1. Is this the right approach to fill both EE profile and OINP application i.e. only primary NOC work experience in EE profile and all work experiences in OINP?
  2. I have also recently changed jobs after getting my NOI. Should I include the new job in my OINP application and EE profile?
  3. If I have a short gap between jobs (i.e about a month), should I add this gap in the OINP- Activities section and additionally, upload a Letter of Explanation(LOE)?

Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance. :)