+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Booster

Jun 4, 2023
Hello all. I received a NOI on March 16 and submitted on April 22. 43 days later my status is still showing submitted. Is this normal please?

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the OINP application and Express Entry profile.

A little background:
Currently in my EE profile, I am only showing work experience that I am claiming points for. I have overall 4 years of work experience in my primary NOC with atleast 1 year of continuous work experience (as required by OINP). I received NOI from OINP under Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW. In my EE profile, I have selected 3+ years of work experience to claim maximum points.
Questions:
  • If I choose not to claim points for a job that falls under my primary National Occupational Classification (NOC) due to lack of documentation, what should I do? Please note that even after removing this job, my CRS score is not impacted.
  • Should I remove this job from the work history section of my Express Entry profile? Additionally, should I exclude it from the work history section of the OINP application and instead include it in the "other activities" section? Should I include a Letter of Explanation for the work experience(that lacks documentation) in Other activities?
Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance. I don't have much time left to submit my application. Your advise is highly appreciated. :)

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Hi,

Does OINP HCP require travel History Documents? I can't seem to find where to upload it while submitting the application.

If they need it can someone assist me under which section I should upload it?

Thanks in advance..

Booster

Jun 4, 2023
Hi,

Does OINP HCP require travel History Documents? I can't seem to find where to upload it while submitting the application.

Thanks in advance..
I think under the area where you have to upload the biometric page of your passport it is said biometric page and every other page with a Canadian visa stamp. Go through it again

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Hi,

Thanks in advance..
Yes, I got it inside Other Activities.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Hey guys, do you think that ontario is gonna change anything in their program requirements considering that now IRCC will target tech categories and french speakers??? maybe they will ask for NCLC 6 in french instead of NCLC 7

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the OINP application and Express Entry profile.

A little background:
Currently in my EE profile, I am only showing work experience that I am claiming points for. I have overall 4 years of work experience in my primary NOC with atleast 1 year of continuous work experience (as required by OINP). I received NOI from OINP under Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW. In my EE profile, I have selected 3+ years of work experience to claim maximum points.

a few important details:
  • I have 4 years of Work experience in my primary NOC for which I received NOI.
  • Out of those 4 years, I don't want to claim points for JOB X which lasted for 4 months (also in my primary NOC) due to lack of documentation.
  • Thus, if i remove Job X from my 4 years of work experience, I would still have 3 years and 8 months- fulfilling EE (3+ years) criteria for which I got CRS points.
  • I will also be having 1 year of continuous full-time experience in my primary NOC as mandated by OINP.
  • I have removed JOB X from EE profile and my EE profile now shows only the relevant work experience that I want to claim points for. My CRS remains exact same.
Now, given above details, these are my questions:
  • where should I show JOB X in OINP? Should I show it in "work history" or "other activities". Other activities mention "excluding paid work and education" therefore, I am confused.
  • If I show it in "Other activities", should I attach an LOE explaining that I am not using JOB X for CRS points due to lack of documentation.
  • If I show it in "Work History" section of OINP, how can I tell OINP that I don't want to use JOB X for claiming CRS points as I don't have required documentation?
Please kindly advise. I would be really grateful. I don't have much time left to submit my application. Your advise is highly appreciated. :)

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
hey guys for OINP healthcare is work experience valid if it is older than 5 years and last worked in 2017? no work experience after that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hey guys for OINP healthcare is work experience valid if it is older than 5 years and last worked in 2017? no work experience after that
As per OINP - Human Capital Stream…

Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last five years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in the same primary occupation as you identified in your Express Entry profile

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi all. Is it ok if I add a screenshot in my LoE? or should I upload a screenshot separately as a supporting document?

Also, do I need to upload a marriage certificate and spouse's WES duplicate copy? pls help :(

Last edited:

juhi2020

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
As per OINP - Human Capital Stream…

Your work experience must have been:

• obtained within the last five years from the date of submitting your application to the OINP
  • in the same primary occupation as you identified in your Express Entry profile
thank you for your reply, but EE says last 10 years and OINP says 5, so no chance of getting picked by the latter? sorry if my Q sounds dumb

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for your reply, but EE says last 10 years and OINP says 5, so no chance of getting picked by the latter? sorry if my Q sounds dumb
OINP and EE are separate programs with different eligibility requirements.You need to meet OINP requirements to get nomination. So if you don’t have experience within the last 5 years then you will not get OINP nomination. You are still eligible for ITA for EE draws based on 10 years.