+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
g126 said:
That's the million dollar question, I think Raj himself got an AOR in Nov and still has not heard the final verdict (+8 months).

No, I submitted my application in November and got my AOR in Feb (and additional document request in April).

I personally think it depends on two things, how much they like you and your NOC. They probably rank the applications (although no one really knows if or how they do it) based on likehood of settling in Ontario and employability (how much experience you have and how in demand your NOC is)... The higher you're ranked the quicker you'll get selected... I doubt it's a first come first served (FIFO) basis... BUT this is what I think...

This is after OINP at the federal level. When/If you get the nomination you'll get the extra 600 CRS points and receive ITA... If you go ahead and apply for PR visa CIC will requests several documents from you including the police clearance and medical certificates.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj,

When I was trying to update my New Passport information on my Express Entry profile I had options to add it along with my old Passport details. Now when I renewed my Passport the Passport office stamped it as "Cancelled and Returned." This effectively means that my old Passport is no longer valid when though its expiry date is on 23rd December 2017. In that case I thought I should delete the old Passport details and just have only the New Passport details. Please let me know this is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj,

When I was trying to update my New Passport information on my Express Entry profile I had options to add it along with my old Passport details. Now when I renewed my Passport the Passport office stamped it as "Cancelled and Returned." This effectively means that my old Passport is no longer valid when though its expiry date is on 23rd December 2017. In that case I thought I should delete the old Passport details and just have only the New Passport details. Please let me know this is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
I'm not quite sure but I think people just overwrite the existing PP details with the new PP details. Anyone who has actually done this - could you please comment? Thanks!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
rajkamalmohanram said:
I'm not quite sure but I think people just overwrite the existing PP details with the new PP details. Anyone who has actually done this - could you please comment? Thanks!
That's correct, overwrite the data... Or remove your old passport from the file and add your new one. Only keep VALID documents in your EE profile. The ability to add in another passport is only for people with multiple nationalities that have multiple and valid passports.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
g126 said:
That's correct, overwrite the data... Or remove your old passport from the file and add your new one. Only keep VALID documents in your EE profile. The ability to add in another passport is only for people with multiple nationalities that have multiple and valid passports.

Thanks g126. Your answer makes sense. But how does CIC know that I removed the old Passport details as it is no longer valid. There is no space a write a note that my Passport has been renewed and the Old Passport cancelled. Will this not be a problem when get an ITA and apply for PR with CIC?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
pxyarala said:
Thanks g126. Your answer makes sense. But how does CIC know that I removed the old Passport details as it is no longer valid. There is no space a write a note that my Passport has been renewed and the Old Passport cancelled. Will this not be a problem when get an ITA and apply for PR with CIC?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
To add to this, when I called up OINP tonight and asked them this question, the officer told me that he is not sure about it. He told me to check with CIC.

Pavan

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
pxyarala said:

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
Before ITA, IRCC does not bother whether it's your old passport or renewed passport. What matters is that at the time of e-APR submission you provide them with a passport which is atleast valid for another year or more so that they can issue you PPR valid for a year's time from the date of your medical exam report.

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
HI Raj,

after getting an AOR do i need to send any documents to them. you mentioned as you sent ECA after AOR.
can you please kindly suggest on this.

Thanks & Regards

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Nreddy said:
HI Raj,

after getting an AOR do i need to send any documents to them. you mentioned as you sent ECA after AOR.

Thanks & Regards
My suggestion is wait until they contact you requesting any further documents!

If they request the ECA report then search through this forum as there is a detailed how to on how to do it for ONIP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nreddy said:
HI Raj,

Thanks & Regards
You should order a copy of ECA to be sent to OINP directly immediately and send the receipt to OINP via e-mail.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
My question is, what significance does this have? Why do they have to know? You have not submitted your e-APR yet. So, IMO, you can edit the details in your EE profile and inform OINP.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
By the way, after an OINP nomination and getting ITA, do I still need to submit those degree certificates, IELTS, reference letters? Basically things I already submitted for my OINP application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
By the way, after an OINP nomination and getting ITA, do I still need to submit those degree certificates, IELTS, reference letters? Basically things I already submitted for my OINP application?
You had provided the documents to the provincial government. After you get your ITA, you would be submitting documents to the federal government (IRCC). You have to provide the same documentation (for the most) part + medicals and PCC as a part of your e-APR.

Check this ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The above link is a checklist. It shows you what all documents you would have to submit post AOR.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
My question is, what significance does this have? Why do they have to know? You have not submitted your e-APR yet. So, IMO, you can edit the details in your EE profile and inform OINP.
I shall update my New Passport details on the my Express Entry profile and inform OINP that I did so in my Change of Personal Information form. Thanks to you,g126 & Sushsmart for clarifying this to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Thank you..

what is ECA means, is it Educational credential assessment?. i have already sent my WES documents to ONIP within the package.
please kindly suggest on what is ECA means.

Thanks & Regards