+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I was checking the announcement / update page : did they delete these old announcements?
I only saw they have history of how many NOI were issued...didn’t see there was any announcement kept there for previous invitation rounds.. am I looking at the wrong place to search for updates ?
Hi can you check this archive page?
I'm not sure if you'll see what you're looking for in here.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW_2017.html

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Do OINP issue NOI every 3 months or so? Or do they randomly issue NOI to selected candidate all time throughout the year?

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Do OINP issue NOI every 3 months or so? Or do they randomly issue NOI to selected candidate all time throughout the year?
They issue NOI during the start of the year and then nominate for 2-4 months. Afterwards, they issue NOI again (maybe around June or July) and then issue nominations until they exhaust the quota.
You can check the announcements from their page for last year. I think they're employing the same pattern.

They are running late now because of slow processing perhaps (the accepted theory). They should pick up speed around this time provided they finish all the applications from NOI they issued during the start of 2018.

Reactions: Deep01021991

maitredufoot

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
20-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
05-12-2018
They issue NOI during the start of the year and then nominate for 2-4 months. Afterwards, they issue NOI again (maybe around June or July) and then issue nominations until they exhaust the quota.
You can check the announcements from their page for last year. I think they're employing the same pattern.

They are running late now because of slow processing perhaps (the accepted theory). They should pick up speed around this time provided they finish all the applications from NOI they issued during the start of 2018.
It looks like they are struggling now with the number of NOI issued this year, but if we check last year, they might start again to send NOI by Mid August, begining of September.

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
It looks like they are struggling now with the number of NOI issued this year, but if we check last year, they might start again to send NOI by Mid August, begining of September.
You are correct. My optimistic guess is early August or next week :) But the realistic guess is probably Early September. However it seems like almost everyone got their Nominations. Praying we all get the NOI soonest!

Reactions: peacefulwarrior

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
You are correct. My optimistic guess is early August or next week :) But the realistic guess is probably Early September. However it seems like almost everyone got their Nominations. Praying we all get the NOI soonest!

So I conclude from your response that NOI's are not random, indeed OINP does have their own specefic time/rounds every quarter. Correct?

Lindt

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, that is correct.
I phone called OINP today to confirm their 'rounds of NOI'. They actually said the exact opposite of what you said. They do NOT have a specefic time or rounds to send NOI. They said rounds are for EE only, and not for OINP. OINP employees constantly and continuously searching for candidates on EE pool, and sending NOI to candidates fitting certain criteria at their own time, according to their needs.

Of course, I asked what 'criteria' they use to send out these random NOI? He said that OINP works with different and hundred of 'stakeholders' whom they have access to EE profiles and willing to send NOI at their own discrete and according to their demand. So, really, those NOI are not random or by luck, nor do they have a round on its own. Also OINP doesn't have a "one-size fits all" or 1-2-3 set of criteria.

Based on his answer, another question was raised which was about the 'rounds within EE'. I asked, then "why I see some PNP # within some of the EE draws"?
He said that those NOI numbers are actually a collection or a sum of all invitations that are sent to all candidates for a certain period (ie. 1 Jan - 30 Apr) - those numbers are calculated AFTR all NOI of that period are sent.. So not for a one-time PNP invite round. Hope this clears out your doubts and everyone's.

Conclusion:
Meeting OINP minimum requirements automatically put you in Que for NOI at ANY TIME.

Deep01021991

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
Same here...The status is Submitted since April...no change...Hoping to get NOI anytime in August

Reactions: SumH12

hellotipsy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I phone called OINP today to confirm their 'rounds of NOI'. They actually said the exact opposite of what you said. They do NOT have a specefic time or rounds to send NOI. They said rounds are for EE only, and not for OINP. OINP employees constantly and continuously searching for candidates on EE pool, and sending NOI to candidates fitting certain criteria at their own time, according to their needs.

Of course, I asked what 'criteria' they use to send out these random NOI? He said that OINP works with different and hundred of 'stakeholders' whom they have access to EE profiles and willing to send NOI at their own discrete and according to their demand. So, really, those NOI are not random or by luck, nor do they have a round on its own. Also OINP doesn't have a "one-size fits all" or 1-2-3 set of criteria.

Based on his answer, another question was raised which was about the 'rounds within EE'. I asked, then "why I see some PNP # within some of the EE draws"?
He said that those NOI numbers are actually a collection or a sum of all invitations that are sent to all candidates for a certain period (ie. 1 Jan - 30 Apr) - those numbers are calculated AFTR all NOI of that period are sent.. So not for a one-time PNP invite round. Hope this clears out your doubts and everyone's.

Conclusion:
Meeting OINP minimum requirements automatically put you in Que for NOI at ANY TIME.
Good for you for calling OINP to clarify these issues.
I am otherwise humbled for being corrected.

For this year however, it seems like they have a pattern for sending NOIs at the start of the year and in the middle of the year (Of course, the dates are yet to be constant.) That's what I meant by saying that they seem to have a pattern.

I hope you asked them when they are going to send out the next batch of NOIs though? :)

Deep01021991

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017

Conclusion:
It's all about being Patient if you are above 400 CRS:) OINP or CIC must be getting thousands of calls every day just to tell the status.....so let's stay calm

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
We should be seeing NOI's between draws, no point issuing NOI to those who can easily meet ITA cutoff right? I'd say those sitting between 438 and 440 should have a good chance of receiving NOI. In fact, I think BC and Alberta issue NOIs too but they have very limited quota as per my understanding.