+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Rocky127 said:
I think it would make more sense to recreate close to the date Ontario will start sending PT's

This way we will be closer to one year mark from EE profile perspective and last year Ontario picked up latest created profiles
Hello Rocky,

Thanks for reply. And by deleting existing EE profile means we have to withdraw profile and it will delete the profile?

And we have to delete job bank account also but there the only option is to deactivate profile?

Is it correct?

Thanks..

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
My work experience that I have included in my profile, is 4 years old. Does that mean Ontario won't pick my profile? Is it necessary that my work experience should have been at least last year?

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

we have a crs score of 410. I have couple of questions..pls assist.

I understand oinp is closed now and might open soon. Is is that they send a letter of interest to everybody who have scores above their cut off list? I believe last time it was 400.

Also when is it expected to open and will the score cut off remin same?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Chef Sumit said:
Hi guys,

we have a crs score of 410. I have couple of questions..pls assist.

I understand oinp is closed now and might open soon. Is is that they send a letter of interest to everybody who have scores above their cut off list? I believe last time it was 400.

Also when is it expected to open and will the score cut off remin same?
Well, if you have a CRS score > their CRS criteria, you will most likely get a PT NOI. We do not know if the cut-off will be the same. They might probably open in November.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JabNas said:
My work experience that I have included in my profile, is 4 years old. Does that mean Ontario won't pick my profile? Is it necessary that my work experience should have been at least last year?
You should have at least 1 year of full time or equivalent part time experience in the past 5 years. If your work experience is within the past 5 years, then you might be eligible to receive a PT NOI.

tan09

Mar 2, 2013
rajkamalmohanram said:
Good luck and all the very best!!
Many thanks Raj for your prompt reply. Your answers are a heads up.

My CRS score is 438, after losing 5 points on my b-day recently. The education part is OK though, since I got a WES equivalency of 1 year Masters & husband has a 3-year bachelor. Lost 3 points after getting 8 in my recent IELTS , compared to the previous score of 8.5. So even if I retake IELTS, the maximum points I will be able to improve is 3 points. And if husband had a Masters degree, I guess that would add another 1 point - so it would be 442 at best.

So, let's see if OINP revises its policy or not.

I'm wondering if there's any hope PEI, because SINP has a in-demand list, but my husband & I are largely business and marketing majors. So SINP is largely not for us. Would you happen to know if PEI pnp is also closed currently or for 2016?

TIA

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tan09 said:
Many thanks Raj for your prompt reply. Your answers are a heads up.

My CRS score is 438, after losing 5 points on my b-day recently. The education part is OK though, since I got a WES equivalency of 1 year Masters & husband has a 3-year bachelor. Lost 3 points after getting 8 in my recent IELTS , compared to the previous score of 8.5. So even if I retake IELTS, the maximum points I will be able to improve is 3 points. And if husband had a Masters degree, I guess that would add another 1 point - so it would be 442 at best.

So, let's see if OINP revises its policy or not.

I'm wondering if there's any hope PEI, because SINP has a in-demand list, but my husband & I are largely business and marketing majors. So SINP is largely not for us. Would you happen to know if PEI pnp is also closed currently or for 2016?

TIA
Well, you can try sending in a EOI to PEI. PEI used to prefer applicants with IT related NOCs last year (I didn't really check the pattern this year). If OINP doesn't revise the CRS, there is a good chance that you will receive a PT NOI.

To know more about Provincial nominations, check this -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html;msg5295212#msg5295212

Roxy04

Jul 18, 2016
Hi Raj,

Congratulations on your ITA! God's grace, your long wait is over!!

I have been a silent follower of this forum and I want your valuable advice on the concern I currently have. My timeline as follows :

EE Profile Created: Nov 25, 2015(FSW)
OINP PT Notification: Nov 27, 2015
App Submitted to OINP: Jan 11, 2016
AOR Received: July 13, 2016
Addtl Doc Req: Awaiting
Nomination: Awaiting

My concern is that my profile is about to expire by Nov 24th, 2016 and my IELTS expires by Dec 13th, 2016. I should create a new profile by the end of November and notify to OINP. I have booked for an IELTS on 03rd December 2016. Hence I will only be able to receive the Result from IELTs by 20th December or so. Between the period of 13th Dec - till I receive my result, will my express entry profile become invalid? Will I have to create a new profile again and notify to OINP or I'll just be able to update my IELTS score to the existing profile? Will that complicate the process?

Your response is highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

JuliaShal

Mar 9, 2016
Dear rajkamalmohanram,

My congratulations! You really deserve it for your patience and belief in yourself!

Do you know what will be next? After getting 600 points, what should you do? Another round of all this bureaucratic stuff? And how long will it take?
I hope you won't wait for the end of process another year....

Thank you in advacne for your reply!

Best regards<
Julia

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JuliaShal said:
Dear rajkamalmohanram,

My congratulations! You really deserve it for your patience and belief in yourself!

Do you know what will be next? After getting 600 points, what should you do? Another round of all this bureaucratic stuff? And how long will it take?
I hope you won't wait for the end of process another year....

Thank you in advacne for your reply!

Best regards<
Julia
Thank you!

After the 600 points are added, the "actual" PR application process begins. You get an invitation to apply and you have to submit documentation online to IRCC. Once that is done, the application is evaluated and a decision is made. Usually takes 6 months post e-APR submission, more or less.

Check the below threads -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html;msg5501832#msg5501832

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html;msg4915358#msg4915358

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, so a few months back, one applicant had her IELTS expiring and she decided to write to OINP asking for clarification if IELTS should be valid throughout the process. She also wanted to confirm is age gets locked at the time of PT NOI. She got a very interesting reply. I have given word to the applicant that I will not be disclosing her identity and so, obviously, I am not going to mention as to who got this e-mail.

Dear Sir/Madam,

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from OINP and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed. In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination. OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria.

For the purposes of our program, the IELTS results must be considered valid on the date we receive it. It need not remain valid for the duration of processing of the file. However, if OINP grants you the nomination, you will need to submit valid IELTS results to IRCC (formerly CIC) as part of your permanent residence application.

Regards,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l'immigration

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

5th Floor | 5ème étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University

Toronto ON | M7A 2R9

Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860

Email: Opportunities.Ontario@ontario.ca

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this telecommunication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return electronic mail and destroy the message.
It is explicitly (highlighted in red above) mentioned that it is sufficient if the IELTS is valid at the time they receive the application and doesn't have to be valid throughout the process.

This reply is going to be extremely beneficial since many applicants are worried that their IELTS is going to expire. My interpretation is that when they say " must be considered valid on the date we receive it", it is the time when the application reaches their office. However, for the post ITA process, you will require a valid IELTS test results.

This has been checked and I believe it to be authentic. However, I would suggest applicants with expiring IELTS to check with OINP regarding this.

Wish you all good luck and all the very best!

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Thanks for clarifying the IELTS part raj! I'm still waiting for AOR, and they have yet to request WES ECA to be sent to them. I will wait until AOR to do another IELTS.