+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Whilst calculating the points in the FSW points grid, work experience in the past 10 years is considered.
My PFL mentions this "If you choose to be assessed against the Foreign Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) criteria, all applicants must meet the following provincial criteria:
 A minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a national Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous part-time) employment must have been in one specific NOC occupation."

My understanding was also 10 years. Now I don't know what is right or wrong anymore...

ingeb

Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Whilst calculating the points in the FSW points grid, work experience in the past 10 years is considered.
Thanks! Didnt know but even then.. enough points.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
FSW 10 years, OINP 5 years. OINP overrides FSW.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bintehassan said:
My PFL mentions this "If you choose to be assessed against the Foreign Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) criteria, all applicants must meet the following provincial criteria:
 A minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a national Occupation Classification (NOC) 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous part-time) employment must have been in one specific NOC occupation."

My understanding was also 10 years. Now I don't know what is right or wrong anymore...
OINP's requirement is 5 years. So, to be nominated by OINP, you should have had at least one year of work experience in the past 5 years from the date of the PT NOI.

When calculating your points under the FSW grid to check if you are eligible to apply under EE under FSW program, then, work experience within the past 10 years is considered.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who changed their assessment from FSW to CEC after applying to OINP / is it advisable?

Do I make this change using form 0161E (change of personal information)?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nurat said:
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who changed their assessment from FSW to CEC after applying to OINP / is it advisable?

Do I make this change using form 0161E (change of personal information)?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Could you please elaborate more on your background? So, after you submitted your application to OINP, you became eligible for CEC? I'm not sure if anyone here has done that.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's sheer negligence of the officer. Once you send the LoE, supporting docs, it will get resolved. Don't give up.
I know till this stage I am thinking the same, untill I hear back from them because I don't know what they have stored for me. Waiting for them to open their cards.

Fingers crossed.

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
OINP's requirement is 5 years. So, to be nominated by OINP, you should have had at least one year of work experience in the past 5 years from the date of the PT NOI.

When calculating your points under the FSW grid to check if you are eligible to apply under EE under FSW program, then, work experience within the past 10 years is considered.
Agreed and same is my understanding. However it is very difficult to fulfil the criteria when in my case they have asked to show 1 year in Canada experience ;D lolzz...I challenged it and asked them to clarify if and what u need for me to facilitate ur decision. In addition I also urged them to call me if there is a confusion. A couple of weeks back when I called OINP to get an update. The gentleman, the only gentle who runs the whole call center I believe, couldn't find my case number but he got a record with my file number. It smelled fishy to me and I do believe that they have mislaid my file in a different department. It is so bizzare and ridiculous at the same time.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I am a little confused with the following;

* 6 photocopies need to be uploaded with the given specification however I read that the name and DOB of candidate should be mentioned behind?
I thought when I go to get photos taken, I can get soft copies from the studio in JPG format and upload it straight.
How did guys who applied recently do this?? Raj??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
royce110 said:
Guys I am a little confused with the following;

* 6 photocopies need to be uploaded with the given specification however I read that the name and DOB of candidate should be mentioned behind?
I thought when I go to get photos taken, I can get soft copies from the studio in JPG format and upload it straight.
How did guys who applied recently do this?? Raj??
What 6 photocopies? Only one copy of the photo will do and the resolution has to be 420X540. You do not have to submit the rear side of the photo.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
What 6 photocopies? Only one copy of the photo will do and the resolution has to be 420X540. You do not have to submit the rear side of the photo.
Thanks Raj.. I got a checklist from the consultant and it was mentioned:
"6 Photographs of every person included in the application will have to be submitted. Please mention the name and date of birth of the person who appears in the
photograph at the rear" :-X

So one digital copy with 420x540 resolution should suffice

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, regarding reference letter;

I had obtained one from a manager in my process in Nov 15', my job, NOC and role everything remains the same.
The manager who gave me the letter is away for 2 months due to his wedding and I cannot obtain updated letter in this instance.
The previous letter has his official email ID and mobile number, will this do if I submit the same letter I submitted to OOPNP?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
royce110 said:
Thanks Raj.. I got a checklist from the consultant and it was mentioned:
"6 Photographs of every person included in the application will have to be submitted. Please mention the name and date of birth of the person who appears in the
photograph at the rear" :-X

So one digital copy with 420x540 resolution should suffice
Time to test the consultant's knowledge.

I believe he might have sent the requirements that existed on pre-express entry applications. May be he is experiencing time dilation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
royce110 said:
Also, regarding reference letter;

I had obtained one from a manager in my process in Nov 15', my job, NOC and role everything remains the same.
The manager who gave me the letter is away for 2 months due to his wedding and I cannot obtain updated letter in this instance.
The previous letter has his official email ID and mobile number, will this do if I submit the same letter I submitted to OOPNP?
I would strongly recommend getting a fresh letter. Can any of your other managers/supervisors/senior colleagues issue such a letter?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Time to test the consultant's knowledge.

I believe he might have sent the requirements that existed on pre-express entry applications. May be he is experiencing time dilation.
:p :p :p Yes, I am pretty sure you can make good money as a consultant (alternate career option) ;D