+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP 2017 Masters and PHD Stream ONLY!!-----> JOIN HERE

Mar 18, 2017
Olivergeng said:
Hello guys,

I am nominated under PhD stream. For the federal level do I need to provide language test result. The PhD stream of OPNP does not ask for IELTS, so do I have to take the test now?

Does anyone have the same situation as me?

Thank you guys, I really need your help.
Hi,

I also applied for OINP under PhD stream. I got my certification of nomination few days ago. I do not have an english language test results like you. I consulted with a couple of applicants with the same situation and they told me we do not need to submit an english language test results. Another person also has applied without that and got a file number which means his application was assessed to be complete. I also called CIC a couple of days ago and asked about it, I reminded them of this statement in their website and checklist:

"Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF."

The agent also told me we do not need to submit an english language results with our application. I am going to submit my application without that.

siruoiuyn

Feb 21, 2017
Hi malipersepolis,
When did you submit your application to OINP?

malipersepolis said:
Hi,

I also applied for OINP under PhD stream. I got my certification of nomination few days ago. I do not have an english language test results like you. I consulted with a couple of applicants with the same situation and they told me we do not need to submit an english language test results. Another person also has applied without that and got a file number which means his application was assessed to be complete. I also called CIC a couple of days ago and asked about it, I reminded them of this statement in their website and checklist:

"Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• TEF."

The agent also told me we do not need to submit an english language results with our application. I am going to submit my application without that.

mike221

Apr 4, 2017
My application is Approved...Submitted on Feb 25th under Master's stream. Today my status was changed to approved.

ssar

Apr 24, 2017
Hello all,

What should one choose, if he has both the options, OINP approval and ITA. Should one apply through OINP or EE ?

Suggesstions are appreciated.

Olivergeng

Feb 22, 2017
malipersepolis said:
Hi,

• TEF."

Thank you very much malipersepolis, that helps me a lot. Now I feel better and I can concentrate to prepare other documents.

aaron_1117

Apr 24, 2017
Share my timeline here

Submitted on 21st Feb, but after couple days, it changed to 24th Feb, not sure what happened.
Changed to 'assessment' on 5th March, 'Decision in Progress' on 27th March, and 'approved' on 12th April.

Submitted to CIC by mail on 21st April....so waiting for another 16 months to get it done. Good luck to all you guys!

natik

Feb 15, 2017
My application is approved today! I am under MA stream.
Here is my timeline:
28 Feb - Submitted
09 Mar - Assessment
29 Mar - DIP
25 Apr - Approved.
Good luck to those who are waiting for approval :)