+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officer missed document

2174Wizard

Jun 7, 2014
Hello,

I had applied for FSW 2014 for NOC 2174. Yesterday, my application returned to me stating that:

You did not provide us with an original Educational Credential Assessment

However, I have tripple checked all my documents. It was there, and it was the original copy. Has anyone experienced such a case that, CIO officer didnt see the document, and returned the application wrongfully? What should I do?

teddydeeps

May 1, 2014
hello wiz
when did you send the application?
you can resend the same with another original eca asap.
all the best.

td.

2174Wizard

Jun 7, 2014
I mailed it on May 2, 2014. It was delivered on May 5, 2014.

I dont have multiple original ECA. So I'm planning to send it with the same. But I dont understand how this is possible. How can they not see the document I have submitted?

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That got back to you quickly, as CIC have in the past used surface mail. Are you based in Canada?

You can resubmit your application as soon as possible. Did you include a copy of your degree certificate and if it's not in English or French a notarised translation of the certificate too?

2174Wizard

Jun 7, 2014
Yes, I'm based in Canada.

I studied in united states. My degree is already is in english. It didnt require translation. Yes it was in there too. :'(

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The assessment agencies offer a General ECA or specific FSWP ECA, did you obtain the FSWP one?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would re-send your application ASAP. I would also contact a lawyer. You need to have someone to advocate on your behalf. If after you re-send your application the cap is reached before your application arrives again, I would through my lawyer try to get back your original priority date.

2174Wizard

Jun 7, 2014
I have resent the application. Have you heard of such a case that officer didnt see the document and returned the application?

askhan

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
2174Wizard said:
I have resent the application. Have you heard of such a case that officer didnt see the document and returned the application?
That is very unfortunate! Things like these should not happen! We spend months preparing documents and wait for years for the NOC categories and then the CIC officers returns applications without checking them!
I hope you are not late, and get into the cap! Good luck