+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Odds I get Denied At The Border?

pauly2

Jan 20, 2014
Okay one last question and this is going to be an important one.

Im going to book a bus ticket to canada and thus i have to buy a return ticket back. Last time they didn't let me board a bus to canada without a return ticket. When i bought a return ticket, i bought a return ticket for a little less than 6 months back because i could always change the date, i bought a refundable one.

So if i buy a return bus ticket, do you recommend my return trip to be before september 30 then? When they checked me at the bus station in the US, they looked at my passport and my return ticket when i went back to canada the 2nd time and didn't let me board without a return ticket.

My situation here is i have that FMM thing there so would buying a bus ticket 3 months from now be a very bad idea? note i will be buying a refundable bus ticket so of course i want to buy a bus ticket many months down the road then when i plan to leave, i just go there and change my date. But if i have to buy a return ticket before september 30, let say i was given 3 month or maybe 6 month, then i would just get a refund minus the 20 percent fee since i wouldnt know the exact date im leaving which isn't that big of a deal.

Can someone recommend me if my return bus ticket date will be a big issue? Example, if i make the return ticket say november 8, would that be a big problem when i check in at the bus stop in ny when they check passport? I do recall at the border, they didnt ask to check my return ticket just asked me how long im staying etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
pauly2 said:
Okay one last question and this is going to be an important one.

Im going to book a bus ticket to canada and thus i have to buy a return ticket back. Last time they didn't let me board a bus to canada without a return ticket. When i bought a return ticket, i bought a return ticket for a little less than 6 months back because i could always change the date, i bought a refundable one.

So if i buy a return bus ticket, do you recommend my return trip to be before september 30 then? When they checked me at the bus station in the US, they looked at my passport and my return ticket when i went back to canada the 2nd time and didn't let me board without a return ticket.

My situation here is i have that FMM thing there so would buying a bus ticket 3 months from now be a very bad idea? note i will be buying a refundable bus ticket so of course i want to buy a bus ticket many months down the road then when i plan to leave, i just go there and change my date. But if i have to buy a return ticket before september 30, let say i was given 3 month or maybe 6 month, then i would just get a refund minus the 20 percent fee since i wouldnt know the exact date im leaving which isn't that big of a deal.

Can someone recommend me if my return bus ticket date will be a big issue? Example, if i make the return ticket say november 8, would that be a big problem when i check in at the bus stop in ny when they check passport? I do recall at the border, they didnt ask to check my return ticket just asked me how long im staying etc.
As you have been issued a "Visitor Record", CBSA will be aware of your movements and possibly subject you to much closer scrutiny this time. On that basis, it probably won't make any difference what date your return ticket is set for. You're a poker player, take a chance... And, as stated before, by me and others, the IRS will have been informed about your offshore bank account details by BMO. FATCA is here to stay and it's designed for people like you.

techtalk

Jun 30, 2014
As everyone say here. Your chances depends a lot on immig officer you meet at the border. Your chances might become thin if you mention about reason why you are coming in and your job.

pauly2

Jan 20, 2014
I already bought a bus ticket coming to canada and need to buy a return one. So i should buy a return ticket before september 30 then you guys recommend? I will be buying a refundable ticket.

Also does anyone know if its true when you take a bus to canada from the USA, its 100 percent required to have a roundtrip ticket? The 2nd time i went back to canada, when i went to board the greyhound i was told no return ticket, no boarding allowed. So i then bought a ticket. However, when i flew into canada, i didnt buy a roundtrip ticket but had no issues getting in. Both times however i printed a bank acct with a balance there to show i had the funds to stay in canada.

To the person that mention why i am coming into canada, i have to mention poker because that is my reason. Im not going to lie and say something else. The first time i came into canada zero issues. The 2nd time i had to answer lot of questoins but eventually i got in.