+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2017

Lion2807

Aug 30, 2017
Hi people,

I'm being asked to fill the IMM5406 form - ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION.
I can't understand, am not being sponsored...

Instructions clearly state, my spouse and I must each fill our own forms.
In my case, as principal applicant, it's quite clear what to fill.
But for my wife's form, I'm quite confused...
1. Does she have to fill the applicant box (put her name or mine) or Not applicable?
2. For the spouse box, is it she or me? Do our names swap on both our forms?
3. Section 3 (Brothers and sisters), is it for her siblings or still mine (I being the Principal applicant)...just to be sure...

Can anyone please help?

Cecoct2017

Oct 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

I decided to call CIC this afternoon, and the agent said I passed all elegibility requirements, security and criminal check and that the next step is that I will be contacted soon to finalize my application which I guess it’s PPR

CEC inland in IP2 since Nov 24th

Hopefully all of us waiting will get PPR soon!
Any updats on your application?

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes for your passport to return after submitting it to Ottawa for PR visa stamp?

Application is CEC inland.

vijay037

Dec 22, 2017
Hi,

I am EE FSW profile, the below are my details:

AOR - 25 Oct
Medical passed - 6 Nov
BG status - NA (Not sure which stage I am in)

Tried calling the agent, but they refused to give me more details than the one found online.
Any other way I can get more details? I have no updates in my application status for more than 45 days, getting a little nervous.

Regards,
Vijay Singaram

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Hi,

I am EE FSW profile, the below are my details:

AOR - 25 Oct
Medical passed - 6 Nov
BG status - NA (Not sure which stage I am in)

Tried calling the agent, but they refused to give me more details than the one found online.
Any other way I can get more details? I have no updates in my application status for more than 45 days, getting a little nervous.

Regards,
Vijay Singaram
You can apply for your GCMS notes if you are in Canada which takes about a month to come through. This thread gives details.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Otherwise post your status wording and any changes to that status wording you have noticed and someone will try to help you out here.

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Inland CEC
AOR 25th Oct
MEP 8th Nov
IP2 10th Nov
NA3 3rd Dec
PPR e-mail 19th Dec. Online status still "In progress"
Fingers crossed for a rapid CoPR return

BOWP confirmation e-mail 20th Dec.
BOWP and ETA showing approved in online status.
Thanks for all the information, support and assistance.

Last edited:

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Does anyone know how long it takes for your passport to return after submitting it to Ottawa for PR visa stamp?

Application is CEC inland.
Looking at threads on this site 4-5 weeks and IRCC ask you to chase up after 6weeks if you haven't heard from them.

lakers17

Jul 20, 2017
AOR : Oct 11
Submitted PCC on Oct 27th.

When I sent an email to check for VISA office, I got this note. Is this something I need to worry about ? What is the posted processing time ?

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

vijay037

Dec 22, 2017
You can apply for your GCMS notes if you are in Canada which takes about a month to come through. This thread gives details.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Otherwise post your status wording and any changes to that status wording you have noticed and someone will try to help you out here.
Thanks for the information, I have requested for GCMS notes - I am in Canada. The below is my status:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have two question: 1. Additional documents - I have not provided any as I did not get any requesting the same
2. Which stage am I in right now. My medicals were done as far back as Nov-6 .Is there anyway I can confirm that my application is being processed? I am nervous if my application is in process or is it missed somehow, as there has been no update for more than 45 days now.

Regards,
Vijay Singaram

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Thanks for the information, I have requested for GCMS notes - I am in Canada. The below is my status:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have two question: 1. Additional documents - I have not provided any as I did not get any requesting the same
2. Which stage am I in right now. My medicals were done as far back as Nov-6 .Is there anyway I can confirm that my application is being processed? I am nervous if my application is in process or is it missed somehow, as there has been no update for more than 45 days now.

Regards,
Vijay Singaram
Question 1 - I had this message and had not been requested additional information and did not provide any additional information other than a change of address. It may refer to your letter of explanation.
Question 2 - Not sure - maybe NA3. Have you seen a message "we are processing your background checks" prior to the NA you are on now? If you have seen that message you are likely to be passed IP2 and PPR is next. Although I did go back into background checks a second time for a few days in my status.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Guys my gift deed amount has fallen below the threshold level due to market exchange rate fluctuation. I had not seen it coming. I'm in stage NA2. Any suggestions what to do now ? I'm scared to death of possible rejection.

Polar@005

May 7, 2017
Hi..please see below situation;
FSW-O
AOR- 8 Oct 2017
MEP -25 Oct 2017
BG check: we will inform once we start your background check.
No change since MEP till date.
Almost 76 days now since AOR.
E-mailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
and got below reply;
"Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office"

Anybody with similar situation?
Any guess what stage I might be at?

Please comment. Thank you.