Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in October 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!

Good Luck!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Some common abbreviations:

PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
FSW - Federal Skill Worker
EE - Express Entry
ITA- Invitation To Apply
PPR - Passport Requirement
MR - Medical Request
POF - Proof of Fund
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
NOC - National Occupation Clarification
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
CEC - Canadian Experience Class
AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt
RPRF - Right of permanent residence fee
PPR - Passport request
COPR - Confirmation of permanent residence
RFO - Ready for Officer
GCMS - Global case management system
VO - Visa officer
CIO - Centralized Intake Office
CPPO - Case Processing Pilot Ottawa
BOWP - Bridged open work permit
PGWP - Post graduation work permit
WP - Work permit
Eligibility - CIC evaluation of your compliance with all requirements (pass or fail)
Medical - Applicants medical exam when requested by CIC
Criminality - PCC sent with application, including CIC independent checks and RCMP (when requested)
Security - Checks completed by CSIS

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
September round-up report!

It is especially useful for you guys from October AOR.

Use this report to estimate your dates and understand the pattern!

If you have any feedback on this report please PM me.

If you find this status update useful please click [LIKE] - thank you in advance.

p.s. Sorry guys I like colours a lot, hence colourful report:)

**Current Processing**:

**PPRs by period from Jan 1st to the end of September:**

**PPRs in September:**

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/passport-requests-pprs-by-period-report

**Statuses by the month of submission up to date:**
*We notice some "activity" for May/June applicants now, March and April are very slow, Feb and Jan is moving but slooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyy.

**Statuses by day of submission for April:**
*Remember 40% are PNP applicants, they are currently being processed, 90% of PPRS for jan past two weeks were for PNP applicants. I saw 1 CEC applicants getting PPR. London VO was very active this week.

**Statuses by day of submission for May:**
*CEC has received a few PPRs in September, some FSW, but overall slow with more activity visible towards end of September.

**Statuses by day of submission for June:**

**Statuses by day of submission for July:**

**Statuses by day of submission for August:**

**Statuses by day of submission for September:**

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

**Average wait to PPR by stream for the past few months, "average mean", showing increase in processing on "average":**
*Please note the constant increase in the processing time of PNPs.

**Average by stream (last 30 days):**

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/dashboard/canada/estimation_and_analysis

**Average by Visa office in the last 30 days:**

**Applicants by Stream:**
*The share of PNP is now increasing, this is contributed mainly by NSNP, OINP and SINP applicants, we have witnessed quite an increase in the number of nominations in the past 2-3 months.

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/applicants-by-stream

**Average wait for PNP based on the province of application (the sample size is small, but still some results are exciting)**

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/dashboard/canada/estimation_and_analysis

rorschach13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
AOR Received.
25-06-2017
Hey @andy108, thank you for the great work that you are doing, would it be possible to add different ranges for averages? Something like average time to PPR for those who got PPR in less than 60 days and more than 60 days. I am suggesting this, because it seems like those new super-fast PPRs are moving the average in the wrong direction.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hey @andy108, thank you for the great work that you are doing, would it be possible to add different ranges for averages? Something like average time to PPR for those who got PPR in less than 60 days and more than 60 days. I am suggesting this, because it seems like those new super-fast PPRs are moving the average in the wrong direction.
Hey mate!

Thank you for feedback.

This is easily can be done, by any user.

Each report has a FILTER button in the right left top corner, above the chart.

Just click on it, and exclude these who got PPR less than 30 days for example.

Hope this helps.

ultimateenergy

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Wow, great info, thanks a lot for sharing. When can we request the data about the visa office, I mean how many days after the AOR?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Wow, great info, thanks a lot for sharing. When can we request the data about the visa office, I mean how many days after the AOR?
hey, thank you!

It depends, like you can try request as soon as meds will pass, but no guarantee that your LVO will be known by this time... i would say after 30 days chance is much higher that you will get to know your LVO.

Reactions: ultimateenergy