+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2017

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
So by Aug 2017 I had 2 years of work exo and it automatically got uodated in my ee profile. I wasnt actually expecting an ITA. Graduated on min aug 2015 and started working right away. Was part time for couple.months because of imolied status issue but my Record of employment states my start and end dates and doesnt specify part time part. Plus I satisy over 3200 hrs part too. What are my chamces of passing eligibility? Is it comolicated??
From what I read in your posts, it seems like you knew the ITA wouldn't have been issued had you not have 2 years of work experience. So I don't understand why did you claim full-time job if you knew you worked part-time for a couple of months at the beginning? that's the only way EE system can award you points for 2 years of work experience. As a result, I think you should've rejected ITAs until you get 24 calendar months of full-time work experience. Otherwise, it seems like your trying to mislead or overlook the Canadian work experience requirement. Also keep in mind eligibility (A.11) is the first thing assessed for CEC applicants and it is based on a PASSED/FAILED test.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
From what I read in your posts, it seems like you knew the ITA wouldn't have been issued had you not have 2 years of work experience. So I don't understand why did you claim full-time job if you knew you worked part-time for a couple of months at the beginning? that's the only way EE system can award you points for 2 years of work experience. As a result, I think you should've rejected ITAs until you get 24 calendar months of full-time work experience. Otherwise, it seems like your trying to mislead or overlook the Canadian work experience requirement. Also keep in mind eligibility (A.11) is the first thing assessed for CEC applicants and it is based on a PASSED/FAILED test.
Hi,
Thanks for your input but I dont think you understood the whole scenerio. May be I did not explain it well enough. My lawyer completed the documentation and now I'm little worried after followijg some threads. My lawyer asked me in when I had started working FT . I responded saying mid Aug as I did start the very next day after my graduation as I was alrwady enrolled with them. But was only doing PT as I was a student. My concern is that I was still on my student status. I had only applied for my work peemit on sept 3rd cuz I had to wait for my transcript and gradutaion letter..duh!!!
I did not intentionally try to scam the system nor will I ever will. I even told my lawyer that I dont want to accept the ITA. But he thought I'd be fine. And the implied status part. It wasnt my fault that I was on implied status..I did what I had to. And the employer (ford oakville) was not ready to employ me anymore as mu SIN expired. I gave them the letter cic provided and they said it was too general. Please get your facts right before you publicy blame someone saying scaming the system. Or atleast try to understand the situation before you do so. There is a reason why I payed my lawyers hoping they know wjat they are doing. I'm just here as I wasnt fully staisfied tbe way the filed my application. I was just trying to understand. I dod call CIC amd they told me that so far everythi g is smooth and my document is at ottawa. Thanks for your input still.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I filled out a document that my lawyer gave me and stated everything. They completed the file and like I said I wasnt expecting ITA in AUG. It makes sense cuz I did start working in aug so from aug 2015 -jumy 2017 I will have 24 months for work exp and satisfy the hrs. But I wasnt still expecting as I think work exp should have been claimed from sept. Those 2 weeks are the only thing that bugs me.
I think people post their concerns to understand if it will affevt their application not to be blamed or felt bad. Support each other and be resourceful. As a matter of fact I think you did answer my question as you mentioned eligibilty is one of the first thing they check and I'm at 67 days now. So I think I will be fine. Sorry for the rest of you ..I think I need some self motivation.
Sincerley,

sanay.kal

Dec 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in October 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!

Good Luck!

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
An update from my side.....
AoR-3rd OCT
Got IP-2 yesterday.....
Surprisingly got..................RPRF request this morning.........paid RPRF already...................
Now eagerly waiting for PPR...............

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
It would be nice when posting your stats to include your stream as well. It looks like FSW streams are getting PPRs a lot faster than CEC. As well as families (applicants with dependants). Congratulations to all who have received PPRs thus far.
Here's my stats:

ITA: Aug 9
AOR: Oct 18
MEP: Nov 4
BGC: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I am not sure at what state my BG is. After I submitted my application I didn't bother to check my CIC account until I got an email on Nov 4 and saw that medical was passed. I still haven't been checking until last Friday when I found this forum. Now I check everyday. :)
Update: Got PPR email today. Email was sent last night and was sitting in my inbox.

Here's my timeline:

CEC Inland
ITA: Aug 9
AOR: Oct 18
MEP: Nov 4
PPR: Dec 19
Days from application submission to PPR: 62 days

MyCIC account status has not changed to approved. Still saying application is in progress. Good luck to all who are still waiting

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dear Experts.............

I have a question...........I got RPRF request recently and paid and uploaded the recipt in the placeholder specified........do i have to send a hard copy?........

lamtrongthuc

Nov 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

My status just changed to IP2 last night. No email update though. My timeline is as below:

AOR: 24 October 2017
Medical pass: 8 November 2017
IP1 & NA2: 8 November 2017
ADR - We do not need additional documents: 1 December 2017
IP2: 20 December 2017

Still no response from CIC regarding my LVO.

Anyone having the same timeline?