+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October AOR 2017

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi, congratulations :)
Did you send your passport and/ or passport photos to the London Visa Office or did you only submit them at the VFS visa applicaion cenre in Nigeria?
VFS in Nigeria. It goes to Ghana as that is my Secondary Visa Office..

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Hi,
My AOR is 21-Sep-2017. I am in IP2.
Yesterday I saw my profile status message as Application/Profile updated and my Medical review status changed to 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes' from 'Medical Passed'.
I haven't also seen any emails sent to my email.
Why it should have happened?. What will be next.

Thanks,
Senthil

urvisheth85

Aug 22, 2017
Hey guys

I submitted my application on October 31st 2017. I raised a query recently because my applications has exceeded the normal processing time, and I got a reply saying my application has been transferred to a special unit. Does anyone know the possible reasons? My application was pretty straightforward, no complications. Not sure what to expect now.

Regards
Urvi

loki1234

Oct 14, 2017
Hey guys

I submitted my application on October 31st 2017. I raised a query recently because my applications has exceeded the normal processing time, and I got a reply saying my application has been transferred to a special unit. Does anyone know the possible reasons? My application was pretty straightforward, no complications. Not sure what to expect now.

Regards
Urvi
Hi Urvi,
Where did you get this reply from? I thought all of us still waiting are in security check or so.

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey guys

Regards
Urvi

Whats your visa office?

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Hi Urvi,
Where did you get this reply from? I thought all of us still waiting are in security check or so.
What is your status IP1 or IP2?
Not sure if this helps but, I am Dec 2017 AOR. Mine application is under eligibility review. They placed my application for further review. I am not sure if these kind of situations are handled by special unit. I am assuming that I am in the same situation as you are.

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
What is your status IP1 or IP2?
Not sure if this helps but, I am Dec 2017 AOR. Mine application is under eligibility review. They placed my application for further review. I am not sure if these kind of situations are handled by special unit. I am assuming that I am in the same situation as you are.
Hi mate. Any news from your application? I am Oct 2017 AOR and in Jan, I was requested to submit new documents regarding my previous employment history. I submitted them in late Feb, and since then, there has been no progress in my file and all my correspondence with IRCC says that my application requires further review. I'm wondering whether the officer has ever reviewed the new documents since Feb! Or how long this further review will take.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi mate. Any news from your application? I am Oct 2017 AOR and in Jan, I was requested to submit new documents regarding my previous employment history. I submitted them in late Feb, and since then, there has been no progress in my file and all my correspondence with IRCC says that my application requires further review. I'm wondering whether the officer has ever reviewed the new documents since Feb! Or how long this further review will take.
no one can tell you that. you can order your gcms notes to see your entire file or wait

Reactions: aliagha

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I have seen some change in the status of background verification. Earlier it was showing 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'
Now it says 'We are processing your Background check'.
On the side note I have read that they are bringing some new system to track the status of PR applications filed after July 1 st (I am not sure of the exact date). May be they will clear all the previous applications or add old pending applications to this. Either way I am thinking this should help speed up processing our applications.

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
Ye
no one can tell you that. you can order your gcms notes to see your entire file or wait
Yeah I know that. I ordered gcms in May (3 months after I sent the new documents) and it stated further review as not started. I will order a new one in this or next week. I just wonder how come the officer has not finished reviewing just a few simple documents in 6 months!

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
That is what I was wondering as well. What takes so much time to review additional documents. I feel like it is the punishment (of waiting) that IRCC is giving us if our application is not properly documented (in my case).
But anyways, there is no clear timeline about when they will finish additional review/ further review. I also tried reading on the blogs, called and emailed IRCC but they have same standard response "Not sure when an officer will get to your application". I left frustrated after 6 months from AOR and as the time passed I stopped worrying about it.
Don't worry and keep up the spirit you will hear from them soon.

kostya_k

Feb 24, 2017
Hi Guys,

Who's got a request to redo the meds?
I'm curious, how many people are just getting their meds prolonged and how many of us have to undergo the whole health check procedure again, like me.

Last edited:

tylerD

Nov 8, 2017
i have been waiting since 18th October 2017, I tried calling the IRCC twice last March but they told me they cannot help me and directed me to contact my Local Visa Office in Cairo. I have sent several enquiries using the webform, they answered once but then they have stopped answering to any since May 2018.