+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 visitor visa applicants

JAMAL257

Sep 14, 2022
review of eligibility change from your application is in progress to we are reviewing is that mean starting process my file
Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
review of eligibility change from your application is in progress to we are reviewing is that mean starting process my file
HEY JAMAL
yes, it means that they have started to look at your file. you can expect an update (whether a request or decision) shortly.
this is what's happened to other applicants. although what we know is not 100% exact, but it is the experience of other people.

Reactions: JAMAL257

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Can I ask your timeline? when did you apply? when did you finish Biometrics and where did you apply from?
thanks man

JAMAL257

Sep 14, 2022
Can I ask your timeline? when did you apply? when did you finish Biometrics and where did you apply from?
thanks man
applying on 30 August
biometric on 1 September
update status complete biometric on 16 October
reviewing eligibility 9 November

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
applying on 30 August
biometric on 1 September
update status complete biometric on 16 October
reviewing eligibility 9 November
Why it took so long from your biometric on 01 sept to 16 oct to complete biometrics. wow !
where did you apply from?
anyways, good luck man

deisyjr

Nov 10, 2022
I applied for transit visa on 14th september i had flight scheduled 26th october web stated 15 days process max 45days lost the flight had to reschedule
29th september got asked for biometrics
26 october got asked for police records for prior drink driving conviction in 2018
Sent it showed i had convicted but cleared just a ban
10 november got sent a letter for fairness procedure requested client information which i do t know what it means
Now i may miss my flight 14th

deisyjr

Nov 10, 2022
Application date: 15th October 2022
Biometrics: 17th October 2022
Current status: background check since application date
Anyone else applied from london, what's your timeline?
I done the same but applied 14th of september and still awaiting
They sent a letter for fairness procedure due to prior convictions drink driving i responded hoping it helps but they are taking very long

eager

Jul 20, 2015
I applied for transit visa on 14th september i had flight scheduled 26th october web stated 15 days process max 45days lost the flight had to reschedule
29th september got asked for biometrics
26 october got asked for police records for prior drink driving conviction in 2018
Sent it showed i had convicted but cleared just a ban
10 november got sent a letter for fairness procedure requested client information which i do t know what it means
Now i may miss my flight 14th
PFL is a letter that gives the applicant one last chance to reasonably justify their case and to provide evidence supporting the situation in their favour. It is extremely important to respond to the PFL or the chances of rejection are higher . Make sure you respond to them with an explaination that the ban was temporary and now all is clear . Hope this helps.

sanjayji

Apr 14, 2016
Applied on first week of October,2022. Application was review on October 22,2022. Did anyone receive visitors visa for October Outland application from India ?

psharma87

Aug 5, 2016
Hi members,

I've applied for visitor visa for my girlfriend, who is currently working in India. We showed the case that she is my bestfriend and we know each other from long time and we're travel buddies and willing to explore Canada. I am a PR and my girlfriend has strong ties back home which we showed through proofs and evidence.

Application was submitted on October 22, 2022 and she got her biometric done on October 28, 2022.

I know it's too early to ask but looking at the processing timelines for visitor visa, the waiting timelines are just testing our patience.

There is no clarity on how long should one wait as some people have been waiting for more than the processing timeline i.e. 162 days.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that IRCC had such long piled-up backlog otherwise, I would have taken a different route. Also, I was hopeful that the new portal has expedited the process and we should hear something in the coming days. But after reading lot of comments, I am swinging in an unpredictable situation.

Can someone suggest how do I make a decision to wait or not wait after the processing time has passed or my patience to wait? I will lose my relationship if the waiting takes long time because long distances do get tough. Please be compassionate before commenting.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hi members,

I've applied for visitor visa for my girlfriend, who is currently working in India. We showed the case that she is my bestfriend and we know each other from long time and we're travel buddies and willing to explore Canada. I am a PR and my girlfriend has strong ties back home which we showed through proofs and evidence.

Application was submitted on October 22, 2022 and she got her biometric done on October 28, 2022.

I know it's too early to ask but looking at the processing timelines for visitor visa, the waiting timelines are just testing our patience.

There is no clarity on how long should one wait as some people have been waiting for more than the processing timeline i.e. 162 days.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that IRCC had such long piled-up backlog otherwise, I would have taken a different route. Also, I was hopeful that the new portal has expedited the process and we should hear something in the coming days. But after reading lot of comments, I am swinging in an unpredictable situation.

Can someone suggest how do I make a decision to wait or not wait after the processing time has passed or my patience to wait? I will lose my relationship if the waiting takes long time because long distances do get tough. Please be compassionate before commenting.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. My situation is much the same except its my fiancé and because of the wait, things have gotten pretty bad relationship wise. We applied for her visitor visa on Aug 17 and biometrics was updated on Aug 25 - all done through the portal. Since then, its been stuck in "background check". She resides in Hungary (not a European citizen hence needs the visitor visa) but she does have strong ties to Europe as she has a valid work permit and a job there, and personal bank accounts to show that her trip will be fully paid for by herself and she will return back.

Unfortunately in our case, the whole Ukraine crisis is backlogging the European offices so I've given up hope that we will hear anything until 2023.

krishnaoza

Nov 3, 2022
I am a resident in Dubai, holding valid USA visa.
I submitted my application on 21st Oct via IRCC portal.
Biometrics completed on 24th Oct. and got the eligibility review update immediately.
Details about your application status
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
We do not need additional documents.
October 24, 2022 Completed
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As per processing time, its 193 days from Dubai :confused:

sanjayji

Apr 14, 2016
I am a resident in Dubai, holding valid USA visa.
I submitted my application on 21st Oct via IRCC portal.
Biometrics completed on 24th Oct. and got the eligibility review update immediately.
Details about your application status
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
We do not need additional documents.
October 24, 2022 Completed
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As per processing time, its 193 days from Dubai :confused:
They r not following any strict standard processing days so it could be before or after 193 days