Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
GCKEY is the IRCC secure account, which is older than the IRCC portal account. They are pretty much the same regarding visitor visa application. the only difference is that GCKEY always asks for more supporting documents, which, if necessary, i think you can upload to the client information section in the portal account as well. More supporting documents sometimes means better application, but not always. this is your call after all.
Thanks for the update. I will use new portal as I already hold valid Canada and US visa but wife does not.

Taran2212

Dec 15, 2021
Is it usual for them to ask for biometrics even if I’ve given it last year few years back ?
First one was in india and now I’m in US applying for visitor visa for canada. I’ve studied and worked in canada for few years. Any opinion would be appreciated

Reactions: Kornet

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hey guys
is there any email address that we can ask for an update about our status for visitor's visa from Italy?
the waiting is getting annoying and it has been more than 30 business days and I havent received any words from them.

Symba02

Oct 28, 2022
we submitted visitor visa my Mum October 20
i got PPR Nov 22
we applied online from the UK.
could someone please assist with the address to send my Mum passport from London and any other important details
Any valid usa visa? I applied from UK as well since 15th October and still no response

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
Hey guys
is there any email address that we can ask for an update about our status for visitor's visa from Italy?
the waiting is getting annoying and it has been more than 30 business days and I havent received any words from them.
Hi there, Permanent residence applicant from Rome here. I have bad news: a few people have been waiting for updates on their visitor visas for 5-6 months now from Rome. I am not sure how other VOs have been operating but it's been pretty bad. I myself have been waiting for 6 months for an update from Rome, but nothing. You can contact them through this email, but don't hold much hope for their response: romeimmigration@international.gc.ca

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Hi there, Permanent residence applicant from Rome here. I have bad news: a few people have been waiting for updates on their visitor visas for 5-6 months now from Rome. I am not sure how other VOs have been operating but it's been pretty bad. I myself have been waiting for 6 months for an update from Rome, but nothing. You can contact them through this email, but don't hold much hope for their response: romeimmigration@international.gc.ca
thanks for the reply.
this is strange, the application will be reviewed at VFS where we gave biometrics or they are being processed some other place?
we have different cases and requests but the news is not promising.
I really dont understand why they have to take so much? are there really this much requests? when I applied processing time was 45 days and now is 150 days. October 7th was my completion date

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
thanks for the reply.
this is strange, the application will be reviewed at VFS where we gave biometrics or they are being processed some other place?
we have different cases and requests but the news is not promising.
I really dont understand why they have to take so much? are there really this much requests? when I applied processing time was 45 days and now is 150 days. October 7th was my completion date
@Aurora-10 I just wrote to the address you gave, automatic response came back with link to submit my enquiry. I went ahead and filled the website with my information and there was a box with 1500 character limited message I could write. so I did.
did you try that too?
let's wait and see when they respond

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
@Aurora-10 I just wrote to the address you gave, automatic response came back with link to submit my enquiry. I went ahead and filled the website with my information and there was a box with 1500 character limited message I could write. so I did.
did you try that too?
let's wait and see when they respond
Yeah, you filled out a web form. They will probably reply in a week or so. They replied to me in one day when I inquired but now it takes more time. Rome is one of the less busy VOs, but it could be they're dealing with Ukraine refugees, I don't know, there's zero transparency..

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Yeah, you filled out a web form. They will probably reply in a week or so. They replied to me in one day when I inquired but now it takes more time. Rome is one of the less busy VOs, but it could be they're dealing with Ukraine refugees, I don't know, there's zero transparency..
they responded like half an hour ago. same excuses, we have a lot of cases, the review is on case-by-case basis and we have fewer personnel and same old stuff. they appologized and told that they are doing their "best"
no updates were given though. nothing

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
they responded like half an hour ago. same excuses, we have a lot of cases, the review is on case-by-case basis and we have fewer personnel and same old stuff. they appologized and told that they are doing their "best"
no updates were given though. nothing
I think that one is also an automatic reply haha

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
I think that one is also an automatic reply haha
it definitely is copy+paste becasue first part is really default and sample-like but the second part was clearly written by a human :D
overall, we just have to accept our fate and wait :)))

Aurora-10

Nov 29, 2022
Albania
Category........
FAM
it definitely is copy+paste becasue first part is really default and sample-like but the second part was clearly written by a human :D
overall, we just have to accept our fate and wait :)))
If you would like to join the Rome group btw you’re more than welcome. I know another person at least is waiting for their visitor visa to be approved for a while now. Here’s the link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/LdMsDxPEgAE19yVvAyqcES

sanjayji

Apr 14, 2016
I have applied for visitors visa from india for my spouse on October 10th, 2022
got my passport request yesterday on December 2nd, 2022
All the best for who are waiting