+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

somerandomusername

Nov 21, 2022
I have received an invite for an in person oath. Can any one adivce on the following:
- Should I opt for a physical or e-certificate. Personally I think the e-certificate will be easier to keep and I wont have to worry about keeping the physical one safe?
- Should I take my children with me? Kids under 14 are not required to take oath, but are they still required for any other process on the day?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I have received an invite for an in person oath. Can any one adivce on the following:
- Should I opt for a physical or e-certificate. Personally I think the e-certificate will be easier to keep and I wont have to worry about keeping the physical one safe?
- Should I take my children with me? Kids under 14 are not required to take oath, but are they still required for any other process on the day?
E-Certificate since it takes 2-5 days to receive it but the physical one will take weeks. If you decide not to have your kids attend the ceremony, keep their PR cards to cut during the ceremony.

Reactions: somerandomusername

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
if its in person oath, you are going to get certificate on spot - But I agree E-certificate is easier and more safe with less chances to loose.

Reactions: somerandomusername

maryms23

Jul 29, 2018
Are agents able to make note on your account regarding in-person oath? I’m still waiting for the confirmation email, and it’s scheduled on December 11th…

octcitizen

Oct 28, 2022
Got oath invite for Dec 18th for in person oath.
Timeline
App filed:Oct 5 2022
AOR: Nov 15 2022
Test Invite: Feb 17 2023
Test completed: Feb 27 2023
Decision Made on ecas tracker: Nov 17 2023
LPP : Nov 18 2023
Email for oath invite: in person : Dec 4 2023
Oath Date: Dec 18th 2023

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Congrats! How was your in-person oath ?

You have a very similar timeline as mine, except that I did not get anything for oath yet. (LPP completed on Nov 14).

My ECAS showed Decision made but I am not getting any news. The wait for the oath date seems forever!

If it is too near Holidays, would you guys think they will still work so that we can get a passport in time to travel to the US ?

Last edited:

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

I wanted to check what should be the Subject line after completing Oath ceremony. I took virtual Oath with Calgary office and they had confused us.

The instructions as per Oath Email is to have following Subject line,
Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]

While during Oath they asked to use following format,

Oath form 5 December 2023 08:15AM File # C00*-VS

Apparently "-VS" is the person who validates our information. I don't remember his extension as we are not told to write it down. Adding to this the scanned forms has to be less than 1 MB each

IRCC does know how to make life miserable in every step.

somerandomusername

Nov 21, 2022
Congrats! How was your in-person oath ?

You have a very similar timeline as mine, except that I did not get anything for oath yet. (LPP completed on Nov 14).

My ECAS showed Decision made but I am not getting any news. The wait for the oath date seems forever!

If it is too near Holidays, would you guys think they will still work so that we can get a passport in time to travel to the US ?
The process went smoothly. Took around 2.5-3 hours in total.
Not sure when they close the offices for holidays but you might be able to make it as long as you get the oath before the 20th max.

Reactions: santa147

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Got GCMS notes today. There is a line item which says 'discrepancies between the declared absences and ICES. CIT520 to be issued for passport copies'. I guess there could be some difference in entry / exit dates in ICES (their system) against what has been declared for which passport copies was requested. I have sent them that way back in Oct. No new due date for action. Any one with similar experience with ICES ?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Got GU about BGC today.
  • SS start: Feb 08, 2023
  • SS end: Dec 07, 2023
Took exactly 10 months (303rd day).

-------------
Full timeline:
-------------
  • Sent: Oct 03, 2022
  • Delivered: Oct 04, 2022
  • AOR: Nov 17, 2022
  • Paper, Family(3), Toronto
  • App File date: Nov 10
  • ECAS In Process: Feb 8
  • VO: Scarborough
  • Test Taken: Feb 24
  • FP Req for spouse: Feb 22
  • FP Submitted: Feb 22
  • FP Received: Mar 13
  • BGC for A1: Mar 14
  • BGC for A2: Dec 7, 2023 (10 months in SS)
-----
Good luck everyone!

Ceredigion

Mar 10, 2023
Comrades, finally my journey is now over. From applying for working holiday visa to citizenship, nearly took me 10 years.

Citizenship Application Type: online
Physical Presence Days: 1,989
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Oct 26, 2022
Application delivered: Oct 26, 2022
AOR: Nov 15, 2022
Background Complete: Jan 16 2023
Test Invitation: Feb 18. 2023 - Window ~ Feb 27 - March 14 2023?
Test Taken: March 03, 2023
Test Change from In Progress to Complete: March 06, 2023
LPP: Nov 10, 2023
Oath Invitation: In Progress Nov 13, 2023
Oath Scheduled: Dec 7, 2023
Oath Taken: Dec 7, 2023
E-certificate downloaded Dec 09 2023 [unfortunately the IRCC officer who did the check, did not give me the option for paper, i am old skool i prefer paper. When i asked if i can get the paper cert he said no ]
Processing office: Scarborough

This has been my go to site all of 2023, took comfort from learning others journey. Finally i can move on with
Thank you all for sharing and those who are waiting, keep your chin up, your turn is around the corner.

System admin if you could kindly update the tracker. Ta!

Reactions: rushi.gada

maryms23

Jul 29, 2018
Fin!!!!

I appreciate everyone for sharing their experiences and insights on this forum. It has been instrumental in my own journey, and I'm happy to announce that my path to citizenship is now complete.

Here’s my timeline:
Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1.100
Application sent: October 25, 2022
Delivered: October 25, 2022
AOR: November 10, 2022
Citizenship Test Invite : February 16, 2023 (tracker) February 21, 2023 (email invite received)

Citizenship Test Window : February 24 - March 16, 2023
Citizenship Test Taken: February 25, 2023
Test result: 19/20
Citizenship Test updated to Complete: February 27, 2023 (March 1 updated on tracker)

Language skills updated to Complete: November 10, 2023 (November 14 updated on tracker)
Physical presence updated to Complete: November 10, 2023 (November 14 updated on tracker)
Prohibitions updated to Complete: November 10, 2023 (November 14 updated on tracker)

Citizenship ceremony updated to In progress: November 13, 2023
Citizenship ceremony: December 11, 2023 (November 16 updated on tracker)
Citizenship oath invitation email: November 30, 2023

Processing Office: Scarborough

Post Oath: returning the signed oath form, it seems the “Subject email” instruction varies.

submitted mine: (Agent’s name) - “Oath form for [File #], [Family Name]

shortly after I received this
THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC REPLY

You have reached the Scarborough Citizenship Ceremony inbox.

If you submitted your signed oath form, this is your confirmation of receipt.

If your email is related to anything other than the Ceremonies or citizenship certificates please contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only) OR use the online Web form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp). You will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email.

Due to higher than usual volume of enquiries, it may take 3 – 5 business days to receive a response.

Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team

Goodluck fellow Canadians! Ciao xx
#freshlymintedcanadian