+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

olayemo

Star Member
Nov 7, 2022
Not necessarily. My LPP was assigned to RC-8090 and it was completed around the due date.
I don't think the due dates are relevant. I called IRCC today since the due date for my LPP was a few days ago and no update. The agent said that the due date was removed from the file. According to the agent, this happens when the officer cannot finish processing by the date. Now there is no due date. He said that I should hope they process the application soon.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
I don't think the due dates are relevant. I called IRCC today since the due date for my LPP was a few days ago and no update. The agent said that the due date was removed from the file. According to the agent, this happens when the officer cannot finish processing by the date. Now there is no due date. He said that I should hope they process the application soon.
oh! I suppose I was a little luckier. I hope your application will get processed soon.

Reactions: olayemo

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
What do they mean by Hope??
We probably should forgot about our application for few months, assuming they touch them around 17 months mark.

Mogish

Aug 15, 2019
Type: Online Application
Application sent: October 10, 2022
Background Completed: Nov 2, 2023
Test taken: March 30, 2023
Language, Prohibition, Physical Presence: Nov 10, 2023

Ceredigion

Mar 10, 2023
Oy Vey- IRCC have been b*lls achingly slow. Still waiting for LPP to turn green (7 months and counting). I got fed up and ordered GCMS notes it came a month later and surprise surprise, my primary processing center is Sydney. Some things i learned from GCMS note:

Although on my online tracker LPP says in progress, GCMS notes says it has not started. Due date for LPP is Nov 20 2023
Clearance request; RCMP/CSIS check: Yes
Criminal Check by RCMP is complete and is valid until 30/Jan/2024. Does this mean i will need additional check with CSIS or is this part done now? even if they check Criminality now, it will still come clean and clear.
Security clearance page is empty
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant and Citizenship Certificate Type: Paper. A tad confused
On the one hand Location says CPC Sydney e-grant due date, Assigned by and Assigned to is empty :(

I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string but, reckon all will be complete by the due date in Nov 2023 or is this a pipe dream?
Finally today i saw LPP complete, after 9 months of radio silence.
Oath not started yet

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Type: Online Application
Application sent: October 10, 2022
Background Completed: Nov 2, 2023
Test taken: March 30, 2023
Language, Prohibition, Physical Presence: Nov 10, 2023
Were you waiting for security clearance, if so, do you know when it started, did you get any notes, CBSA, or IRCC , it looks like you waited could be from Jan to Nov for Background, I am waiting from March

chrisbebop

Mar 9, 2017
submit 20 oct 2022
Aor 01 nov 2022
Test background 09 feb 2023
Oath invitation 10 nov 2023
(Tracker shows lpp still in progress, last updated 27 oct 2023)
Oath date 21 nov 2023
Office Sydney second office Vancouver.

Reactions: Calgary222

satara9354

Jun 8, 2023
Application submitted 31 oct 2022
Aor 16 nov 2022
Test 13 March 2023
In-person interview June 20, 2023
Physical presence, and Language completed JUne 20, 2023
Background completed Oct 11, 2023
Prohibitions completed Oct 31 (Exactly after one year)
Citizenship Oath scheduled for Nov 27, 2023
Office Scarborough.

tuobawen

Jul 16, 2022
submit 20 oct 2022
Aor 01 nov 2022
Test background 09 feb 2023
Oath invitation 10 nov 2023
(Tracker shows lpp still in progress, last updated 27 oct 2023)
Oath date 21 nov 2023
Office Sydney second office Vancouver.
Got same oath date with you! See you on the screen!

satara9354

Jun 8, 2023
Got same oath date with you! See you on the screen!
I'm currently outside Canada but have a ticket for the online oath ceremony. However, I'm hesitant to request an outside Canada online oath, as there might be potential delays and unlikey to be accepted.

tuobawen

Jul 16, 2022
I'm currently outside Canada but have a ticket for the online oath ceremony. However, I'm hesitant to request an outside Canada online oath, as there might be potential delays and unlikey to be accepted.
It might be accepted if you have a reasonable ground to remain abroad, but the trick is you have to apply for a Canadian passport to be able to come back to Canada.
Btw, when did you get your oath invitation email after your tracker showed oath update? I got my oath date on tracker yesterday, but the email invitation is yet to come.

satara9354

Jun 8, 2023
It might be accepted if you have a reasonable ground to remain abroad, but the trick is you have to apply for a Canadian passport to be able to come back to Canada.
Btw, when did you get your oath invitation email after your tracker showed oath update? I got my oath date on tracker yesterday, but the email invitation is yet to come.
I haven't received the email invitation yet but my tracker shows oath in 27th since 1 week ago